What's new

WITNESS: Pakistan - Try Pakistan's M2 motorway

by the way how many motorways have been built so far? i mean i heard somewhere that M7 is in pipeline...:what:

I've heard that Karachi-Hyderabad Super Highway has been renamed as motorway.

☪☪☪☪;960839 said:
GT Road should be called Death Road - I nearly died there!

A lot of people actually died there..... It is not the road sir, its the bloody drivers

A lot of people actually died there..... It is not the road sir, its the bloody drivers
True - Anyway let me tell my story - I was coming to Lahore by GT Road from Islamabad.My brother was driving the car at about 70 kph.We were going just fine and suddenly this tractor comes out of nowhere.I almost thought i am as good as dead.It was really very scary.My brother applied brakes immediately and tractor also was going towards left.Car collided with extreme right of tractor.Got broken ribs and back and few head injuries..My brother was not hurt like me because the side on which i was sitting collided with tractor.Took 2 years to fully recover.Will never travel via GT Road again ever in my life.

^ Yes sadly there is no traffic enforcement on the GT road, tractors, cows, donket carts everything. I have had my own fair share of "near death" experiences on the GT road, but i still love it..

If you are ever going via GT Road to Lahore, you must stop at MianGee's trucker restraunt for the most amazing dhal you will ever taste.

☪☪☪☪;960851 said:
True - Anyway let me tell my story - I was coming to Lahore by GT Road from Islamabad.My brother was driving the car at about 70 kph.We were going just fine and suddenly this tractor comes out of nowhere.I almost thought i am as good as dead.It was really very scary.My brother applied brakes immediately and tractor also was going towards left.Car collided with extreme right of tractor.Got broken ribs and back and few head injuries..My brother was not hurt like me because the side on which i was sitting collided with tractor.Took 2 years to fully recover.Will never travel via GT Road again ever in my life.

Lucky you survive....
I have more horrible story to share of my friend on Motorway but I don't want you to stop travelling by road. :cheesy:
Any ways, Motorway is much much better than GT road like no vehicle can suddenly come on the road etc.

(The Motorway is really really safe for travelling.... My friend got hurt because it was dense Fog that day)

☪☪☪☪;960839 said:
GT Road should be called Death Road - I nearly died there!

well its a very old road and there is no law enforcement on that read. Majj, Gaan, Gaye, Bail jis ka naam le lo aap ko ooper milay ga. I was driving from my home city Gujrat to Islamabad Airport while coming back to UK in my last trip and it was around 05:30AM in the morning when a Cow suddenly came in front of my car. I was shocked to see where that cow suddenly came from out of nowhere as it was supposed to be away from the main roads. It was coming from the opposite side of the road and i saw a guy far behind that cow who was supposed to be takeing care of his animals.

I was only few inches away from the cow otherwise i don't know what would have happened. I was little depressed after looking at this incident in the early morning so i asked my brother to drive a car from there :cry:

in day time, everybody used to cross roads on the car within 2-3 minutes and it took me 10-15 minutes just to find out safe passage if i am to turn right from the round about. There was one traffic light in front of me and that too was not being followed by anybody and in the presence of 50 motorcycles, 15 cars, 250 peoples in the middle of the road, 10-15 rickshaws its not easy to cross a road on GT road and the worst part is that, people drive when its Red and drive again when its green :angry:

If traffic control system is followed by everybody i am sure GT road is still one of the best roads we have. Its centuries old but still the best road after Motorway

Not really the average man makes city trips on coaster which is 220rs to Lahore on motorway...

Now take average Mr. Khalid with a Suzuki mehran with 2.5 kids and a wife, one a weekend trip to Lahore... The toll is reasonable and the roads are safer and better than what is offered on the GT road.

Considering you save yourself the hassle of constant flat tyres and a wrecked suspension. Has anyone ever been through Jhang on the GT Road... Uff, it’s as bad as Mianwali.

Well worth it and amazing drive. Islamabad to Peshawar motorway is my personal favourite, feels like you’re driving in heaven.

Regards,

Its a treat to see and drive on roads like this. As you rightly said, saves a lot of wear on tear on cars. Not to mention comfort, even in the 'humble' Mehran (or its Indian counterpart, Maruti 800).
Since i drive a lot when i'm home, love to drive on similar roads in India.
But there is a (small) downside to this. On the old crowded, narrow roads that passed for highways; one could stop whenever one felt like to have a cup of tea or hearty meal at road-side 'dhaba', or even to sprawl below a tree! None of that is possible on these motorways/expressways. i do miss that. What do you think?

Well there are Mobile KFC's on Motorway ;).So you eat some fast food..

well its a very old road and there is no law enforcement on that read. Majj, Gaan, Gaye, Bail jis ka naam le lo aap ko ooper milay ga. I was driving from my home city Gujrat to Islamabad Airport while coming back to UK in my last trip and it was around 05:30AM in the morning when a Cow suddenly came in front of my car. I was shocked to see where that cow suddenly came from out of nowhere as it was supposed to be away from the main roads. It was coming from the opposite side of the road and i saw a guy far behind that cow who was supposed to be takeing care of his animals.

I was only few inches away from the cow otherwise i don't know what would have happened. I was little depressed after looking at this incident in the early morning so i asked my brother to drive a car from there :cry:

in day time, everybody used to cross roads on the car within 2-3 minutes and it took me 10-15 minutes just to find out safe passage if i am to turn right from the round about. There was one traffic light in front of me and that too was not being followed by anybody and in the presence of 50 motorcycles, 15 cars, 250 peoples in the middle of the road, 10-15 rickshaws its not easy to cross a road on GT road and the worst part is that, people drive when its Red and drive again when its green :angry:

If traffic control system is followed by everybody i am sure GT road is still one of the best roads we have. Its centuries old but still the best road after Motorway

Interesting experience there. Had similar ones in India too, though not on our stretch of GT road. There was a lovely TV documentary on NatGeo (or was it Discovery) some years ago. And the narrator (who was'nt driving) sounded quite terrified. But GT road is still a proud part of our history and heritage.

M2 is beautiful no doubt. But beautiful things need extra care to stay beautiful. The Isb-Pesh motorway is losing it as far i noticed. Anyone from peshawar must have noticed that when you enter motorway from city side the fence on the side of the road is been broken from many places. Not as clean as it should be or as it was before. These things needs a check.

And those who are talking about GT road. Few days ago we came through GT road from Isb to peshawar. We arrived in 4 hours :angry:

☪☪☪☪;961055 said:
Well there are Mobile KFC's on Motorway ;).So you eat some fast food..

Sure, and fancy 'food malls'. But i'd prefer 'Miyanjee' or 'Pritam' to 'Col. Sanders'. No piping hot 'dal' and 'Saag' in KFC. No 'lassi' or 'kadak chai' either.

GT road is for sure part of our history and the credit goes to ???????????????

Let us see what Indians have to say.

GT road is for sure part of our history and the credit goes to ???????????????

Let us see what Indians have to say.

Since India and Pakistan both have parts of the 'real-estate' that the road constitutes,it stands to reason its part of the history of both sides.
If you find that disagreeable, you can take the history; we'll keep our side of the 'real-estate'!
As for the credit, it rightfully belongs to Sher Shah Suri. Or did i get that wrong?
Hope you can drive across some day and taste the food on the other side. :cheers:

M2 is beautiful no doubt. But beautiful things need extra care to stay beautiful. The Isb-Pesh motorway is losing it as far i noticed. Anyone from peshawar must have noticed that when you enter motorway from city side the fence on the side of the road is been broken from many places. Not as clean as it should be or as it was before. These things needs a check.

And those who are talking about GT road. Few days ago we came through GT road from Isb to peshawar. We arrived in 4 hours :angry:

I second you sir. I have same observation:agree:

Since India and Pakistan both have parts of the 'real-estate' that the road constitutes,it stands to reason its part of the history of both sides.
If you find that disagreeable, you can take the history; we'll keep our side of the 'real-estate'!
As for the credit, it rightfully belongs to Sher Shah Suri. Or did i get that wrong?
Hope you can drive across some day and taste the food on the other side. :cheers:

and a Muslim to glorify, can u write a lengthy post about sher shah Suri as u guys do about things anti Pakistan, u just wrote one sentence, is that what the man deserves if did work of such magnitude.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom