What's new

WITNESS: Pakistan - Try Pakistan's M2 motorway

M2 is beautiful no doubt. But beautiful things need extra care to stay beautiful. The Isb-Pesh motorway is losing it as far i noticed. Anyone from peshawar must have noticed that when you enter motorway from city side the fence on the side of the road is been broken from many places. Not as clean as it should be or as it was before. These things needs a check.

And those who are talking about GT road. Few days ago we came through GT road from Isb to peshawar. We arrived in 4 hours :angry:

Yes that is very sad, right at the start, it is due to large goods vehicles and the design of that side is very poor (this has been stated by a civil engineer friend).

I love the GT Road, for me the food at MianGee's or Hassanabdal fish in unbeatable.

and a Muslim to glorify, can u write a lengthy post about sher shah Suri as u guys do about things anti Pakistan, u just wrote one sentence, is that what the man deserves if did work of such magnitude.

He's not the only one who can be glorified: for example there's Shah Jahan, Akbar as well. If you are not the 'monarchist' type, then i'll throw in Amir Khusro and Mirza Ghalib also. They are so many other people, and all of them i consider part of my history and heritage. But that is'nt exclusively mine; its yours as well if wish. Why on earth should i deny that, whatever they have done exists in so many forms from written words to bricks and stones. i wrote one sentence about Sher Shah Suri because firstly this thread was about motorways and secondly i do'nt pose to be some great writer. Neither you nor i have to worry about what other people either on your side of the border or on my side think. Life goes on notwithstanding all kinds of people including nut-cases.
But since the topic at hand is about motorways, i sincerely hope you can drive across and taste the food, just as i would like to taste the 'dal' recommended by RescueRanger at Miyangee's.:cheers:

Yes that is very sad, right at the start, it is due to large goods vehicles and the design of that side is very poor (this has been stated by a civil engineer friend).

I love the GT Road, for me the food at MianGee's or Hassanabdal fish in unbeatable.
The fact is we choose GT road for the same reason......But didn't stopped anywhere because of traffic and unexpected dealy on the road.

I have been on it a few times and honestly speaking i was amazed on how well it was made.. Plus it felt just like being the ones here at home (US) mashallah good gob Pakistan.

Wooow !! Amazing Road ...Keep it up Pakistan !!

I guess the important thing now is to Maintain it !!

Wooow !! Amazing Road ...Keep it up Pakistan !!

I guess the important thing now is to Maintain it !!

This road was completed back in 1997 and functional since past 13 years~ we have managed to maintain it and motorway police is effectively doing its job quite well

Thanks for your advice though

Cheers :cheers:

besides this motorway!! they should make similar roads upto NORTHERN AREAS!! i went to SWAT 4 years ago from peshawar & man it could have been a 3 hour trip turned out to be a 12 hour one!! REASON BEING ROADS are all death traps!! and old murree road was also like MAUT KAA KOUAN(WELL OF DEATH)!!! we need more of these roads connecting all of pakistan from gawadar to islamabad!!

and someone mentioned that the TOLL is really high!! well you know high toll is used for the UP KEEP of this MOTORWAY!! so yes i guess it is acceptable!!! besides the more you pay the more privileges you should have right (atleast in SOUTH ASIA)?

besides this motorway!! they should make similar roads upto NORTHERN AREAS!! i went to SWAT 4 years ago from peshawar & man it could have been a 3 hour trip turned out to be a 12 hour one!! REASON BEING ROADS are all death traps!! and old murree road was also like MAUT KAA KOUAN(WELL OF DEATH)!!! we need more of these roads connecting all of pakistan from gawadar to islamabad!!

and someone mentioned that the TOLL is really high!! well you know high toll is used for the UP KEEP of this MOTORWAY!! so yes i guess it is acceptable!!! besides the more you pay the more privileges you should have right (atleast in SOUTH ASIA)?

Muree road is very well maintained now the control has been transfered to Motorway police I guess...

Same goes to swat road it has been broadened and control is much better than a few years back...

and yes GT. road is dangerous because of so much urban traffic using that road, but that road is much much secure and maintained than the way it was a few years back.

motorway police their is quite active as well but due to very high intensity of traffic this road looks like an intra-city rather an inter-city road...

He's not the only one who can be glorified: for example there's Shah Jahan, Akbar as well. If you are not the 'monarchist' type, then i'll throw in Amir Khusro and Mirza Ghalib also. They are so many other people, and all of them i consider part of my history and heritage. But that is'nt exclusively mine; its yours as well if wish. Why on earth should i deny that, whatever they have done exists in so many forms from written words to bricks and stones. i wrote one sentence about Sher Shah Suri because firstly this thread was about motorways and secondly i do'nt pose to be some great writer. Neither you nor i have to worry about what other people either on your side of the border or on my side think. Life goes on notwithstanding all kinds of people including nut-cases.
But since the topic at hand is about motorways, i sincerely hope you can drive across and taste the food, just as i would like to taste the 'dal' recommended by RescueRanger at Miyangee's.:cheers:

Beating around the bush again. Eh

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom