What's new

With Two Planes, India To Raise Its First Tejas Squadron In July.

Well, let me see - what would I expect of India's private firms back then? I would expect them to hire the best of talents and manage it in a professional manner. Kind of like McDonnell Douglas, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Hughes Aircraft Company and others. I do believe that engineering firms in India like Larsen & Toubro, TELCO and Mahindra could have done a better job if given the freedom. But you are entitled to your opinion and I am to mine. There is no harm in that.

It's India's own fault of self enclosing these public sector companies by themselves and restricting the private firms from entering the sector. There's nothing they could do back then let alone 10 years ago, even if they wanted to.

I am all for a MIC with private firms competing to get contracts.

The JF-17 has been in production for a decade now, it is hardly fair to compare where the JF-17's induction rate stands today to the LCA's. Within 3 years the LCA will be produced at an equal rate (16/year).

Look at the first years of JF-17 production:

Small batch production of the single-seat, single-engine JF-17s began in China in June 2006. The first two small-batch-produced aircraft were delivered on 2 March 2007 and first flew in Pakistan on 10 March.[88] They took part in an aerial display on 23 March 2007 as part of the Pakistan Day Joint Services Parade in Islamabad.[89][90] Another six small-batch-produced aircraft were delivered by March 2008.[91] These were extensively flight-tested and evaluated by the PAF.[92] Two serial production aircraft were delivered from China in 2009 and the first Pakistani-manufactured aircraft was delivered to the PAF in a ceremony on 23 November 2009.[93]

Small batch deliveries intially also.
They will be joined by another 4 by the end of the year and another 8 in 2017.
These aren't the final figure the IAF is ever going to induct, ramping up production takes time.
well yes it is unfair to compar the production rates but you as for a country that inducts them un such numbers and i gave you one. i am aware production will increase to 16 max and possibly followed on by a second line by a private vendor. but that will beyond 2020. as for hal 16 pa will be the goal and possibly to 24. as 16 is how many mkis are produced.
it will take time, dont worry im not messing with yah. it is hard to make a plane in a country with scandales and curruption. which is why i like china as a communist/authoritarian state. one government one way with no opposition.
heck if britain was a authoritarion state we will be much more powerfull than we are now and petty things will be solved, such as the third runaway a heathrow. ok rant over.

it will take time, dont worry im not messing with yah. it is hard to make a plane in a country with scandales and curruption. which is why i like china as a communist/authoritarian state. one government one way with no opposition.
heck if britain was a authoritarion state we will be much more powerfull than we are now and petty things will be solved, such as the third runaway a heathrow. ok rant over.
I take your point but you think China isn't corrupt?

no country is perfect not even china. but they are one of the most robust governments i have seen.
There are a lot of positive adjective to describe the Chinese government but I wouldn't use the term "robust", you can't be all that robust in your position if you feel the need to censor huge swathes of the internet from your population and crackdown harshly on your opponants.

There are a lot of positive adjective to describe the Chinese government but I wouldn't use the term "robust", you can't be all that robust in your position if you feel the need to censor huge swathes of the internet from your population and crackdown harshly on your opponants.
that is robust. look at russia and turkey is trying to do the same. in the end i prefer their government over anyone elses.

As usual Indian Media doing Half or Untrue reporting hiding major details.
Here is correct Information .

The first Tejas Squadrons , No45 Flying Daggers to be raised by July.
Initially the squadron will compose of SP1, SP2 , LSP7 and LSP8 aircrafts. While as the production ramps up , 4 more Tejas Serial Production aircrafts will be delivered to the squadron by the end of this Financial Year. Thereafter remaining aircrafts will be delivered by the rate of 16 Tejas per year to form the complete squadron of 21 aircrafts.
The squadron will be based in Sulur Tamil Nadu

It's India's own fault of self enclosing these public sector companies by themselves and restricting the private firms from entering the sector. There's nothing they could do back then let alone 10 years ago, even if they wanted to.

I am all for a MIC with private firms competing to get contracts.
Exactly my point. India had a flawed system. Of course nothing those private firms could do - but they should have been allowed to. Just compare state-run firms like MTNL and BSNL to a privately owned Indian firm like Airtel. Anyhow, we are in agreement. So all is well.

that is robust. look at russia and turkey is trying to do the same. in the end i prefer their government over anyone elses.

As long as your opinion and wishes are not considered for getting ur land for an industrial project for which you cant protest nor go to court of law.
You should shift ur base to China.

no country is perfect not even china. but they are one of the most robust governments i have seen.

Their gov't doesn't listen to the likes of Western powers. You see India does which holds it back. Who do you think complains and interferes in other Countries? Its the West. It has always been.

Their gov't doesn't listen to the likes of Western powers. You see India does which holds it back. Who do you think complains and interferes in other Countries? Its the West. It has always been.
well done 007
so do you want a gold sticker or something?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom