What's new

With Chinese help, Africa is giving a middle finger to the West

Sorry outside of political and public populism by African leaders, most of the Sub-Saharan African countries have completely sold out many of their assets (mining, agricultural lands, private firms) to Westerners, Arabs, Chinese etc. and anyone willing to pay.

Africa will be winning that "war/battle". By far.

ps1jnsasubu61.png

s70p3kqyt3301.png

:lol:

This never gets old. I love the accent as well. :lol:
correct - we first had the wave of europeans and slavery and now the new colonials chinese are here doing it at far more industrial level that they leave nothing behind. devastating the local industries and economies to be one sided.

At least here, our late president refused to give them anymore projects because of the 2x/3x inflated prices; open bidding and winners were turks.

You know it is bad when tilapia fish was cheaper from china and caught locally; it crippled our local fishermen.. sounds familiar? textile, pvc, electrical wiring, even to the point our institute was getting syringes from local manufacturer he went out of business because of dumping.

We see it from India and CHina as well as in some regions here from Brazil.

All imports if available locally must be tarriffed over 200%.

he went out of business because of dumping.
I think this dumping charges are spurious. If they were doing all this dumping, how would they be sloshing around with trillions of dollars of liquidity? Fact is, productivity of these dumpee nations is near zero. For an informative discussion watch:

I think this dumping charges are spurious. If they were doing all this dumping, how would they be sloshing around with trillions of dollars of liquidity? Fact is, productivity of these dumpee nations is near zero. For an informative discussion watch:

It is not unfortunately; come and see reality on the ground vs watching youtube and annecdotal evidence.

It is not unfortunately; come and see reality on the ground vs watching youtube and annecdotal evidence.
Productivity is a complex phenomenon. It can't be seen by being there on ground. For example, China has huge advantages of economies of scale because it exports all over the world. So, their cost is lesser than an African nation. It does not make them bad. In U.S., if we have to dig a trench, we use an earthmover that will dig a 10 foot by 10-foot trench in less than a day. In an African country, a dozen workers may work very hard for two weeks to do that. Their productivity is low; it doesn't mean they are lazy. Please watch the video. It is a professional analysis by a World Bank economist.

correct - we first had the wave of europeans and slavery and now the new colonials chinese are here doing it at far more industrial level that they leave nothing behind. devastating the local industries and economies to be one sided.

At least here, our late president refused to give them anymore projects because of the 2x/3x inflated prices; open bidding and winners were turks.

You know it is bad when tilapia fish was cheaper from china and caught locally; it crippled our local fishermen.. sounds familiar? textile, pvc, electrical wiring, even to the point our institute was getting syringes from local manufacturer he went out of business because of dumping.

We see it from India and CHina as well as in some regions here from Brazil.

All imports if available locally must be tarriffed over 200%.

African regions like the Sahel and the Swahili coastline (both Arabic words) have the closest linguistic, cultural, religious etc. ties to Arabs out of all foreigners (non-local Africans). There is a long shared history. Many Afro-Arab communities from Morocco to Oman as well and many Arab communities in Sahel, Swahili coastline, Sub-Saharan Africa etc. Comoros, Seychelles, Madagascar etc. as well. Even Northern Nigeria.

Since Arabs and Africans are direct neighbors, both have a demographic boom and some of the same challenges, regional cooperation and neighborly cooperation should be sought.

I think that there is great potential for cooperation.

When I lived in KSA there were many Tanzanians in KSA of Arab and local African origins. Good people.

I for once have no doubt that Africa will eventually rise and fulfill much of its potential. It just require sane/capable elites as the potential is there.

African regions like the Sahel and the Swahili coastline (both Arabic words) have the closest linguistic, cultural, religious etc. ties to Arabs out of all foreigners (non-local Africans). There is a long shared history. Many Afro-Arab communities from Morocco to Oman as well and many Arab communities in Sahel, Swahili coastline, Sub-Saharan Africa etc. Comoros, Seychelles, Madagascar etc. as well. Even Northern Nigeria.

Since Arabs and Africans are direct neighbors, both have a demographic boom and some of the same challenges, regional cooperation and neighborly cooperation should be sought.

I think that there is great potential for cooperation.

When I lived in KSA there were many Tanzanians in KSA of Arab and local African origins. Good people.

I for once have no doubt that Africa will eventually rise and fulfill much of its potential. It just require sane/capable elites as the potential is there.
We are a melting pot of culture; Swahilis are a proud nation - we are from so many different ethnicities but intermarries over the centuries; like me -- zanzibari/swahili/mwaharabu/albalushi/shirazi mix.

We are rising and learning to be independent. Universities are in full swing.

I came to this forum to engage in educated discussion; i find there is just junk rafiki. So much wumao and indian and just today these iranian trolls.

I regret even joining and posting at times. It is just uncivilised and noone from moderators are handling this garbage from these madarchod state actors... I apologise -- that is a word i was taught by a good friend from your country to be used when you come across takataka like this.

i will watch but i am expressing what is here in reality. THe good news is always, people here are very enterpreneurial and will find new avenues. From our East African corridor to Malawi this story is very common - chinese have been dumping with impunity and until we stand up to them nothing changes. Just last week there were incidents in Mombasa and Nairobi against chinese. People are just fed up.

Last edited:
We are a melting pot of culture; Swahilis are a proud nation - we are from so many different ethnicities but intermarries over the centuries; like me -- zanzibari/swahili/mwaharabu/albalushi/shirazi mix.

We are rising and learning to be independent. Universities are in full swing.

I came to this forum to engage in educated discussion; i find there is just junk rafiki. So much wumao and indian and just today these iranian trolls.

I regret even joining and posting at times. It is just uncivilised and noone from moderators are handling this garbage from these madarchod state actors... I apologise -- that is a word i was taught by a good friend from your country to be used when you come across takataka like this.

Oman is probably the best fusion of Arab and Swahili culture in the Arab world. If you have not visited yet, I would highly recommend it.

There is indeed a lot of trolling but this goes with the territory (internet plus large anonymous online forum). Just report, ignore or counter and move on as I usually do.

There is much ignorance about Sub-Saharan Africa but more and more people are realizing the potential and wanting to know more.

Would you say I was wrong to consider Nigeria, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Kenya and Sudan (the latter is an Arab-Nubian fusion of a country but nevertheless African) to have more potential than South Africa which for a long time was hailed as the next African power?

Oman is probably the best fusion of Arab and Swahili culture in the Arab world. If you have not visited yet, I would highly recommend it.

There is indeed a lot of trolling but this goes with the territory (internet plus large anonymous online forum). Just report, ignore or counter and move on as I usually do.

There is much ignorance about Sub-Saharan Africa but more and more people are realizing the potential and wanting to know more.

Would you say I was wrong to consider Nigeria, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Kenya and Sudan (the latter is an Arab-Nubian fusion of a country but nevertheless African) to have more potential than South Africa which for a long time was hailed as the next African power?
Rafiki... i have family in Oman - seeb/salalah.

Oman and Zanzibar are one... if you read our history, Oman was at one time ruled from Zanzibar. Sultan Qaboos great grand father was the sultan and lived here in Zanzibar. In Oman, swahili already is spoken by most minsters as well. The oil minister visited here a few years back; it was amazing to see him speak in swahili. Magufuli welcomed him as a home. a lot of food there is common - mandazi, mishkaki etc. Late honourable Qaboos staff all speak swahili; same for his rest of family.

East African culture is very different from West Africa; more closer to North african magreb.

when you feel sovereign because you approves anti gay law is that something if really fcked in your state.

Back
Top Bottom