What's new

With an eye on China, India hands over submarine to Myanmar

Indian manufacturing is there at the top but China comes more in the news.
You guys cannot even beat Bangladesh and you say you are at the top :rofl: :disagree:

India is too far behind in naval capability to seriously threaten China. They have a choice to either spread resources thin and divide them between Indian Ocean or Himalayas looks like they're choosing Himalayas. It's actually a smart move.

if they lose the ocean, they won't lose Chennai or Mumbai, but if they lose the land, they could lose Ladakh. they aren't that dumb.

that's the price they pay for being hostile to a stronger neighbor.

BS scrap 32 years old KILO class

inducted 26 August 1988

retired in 2020

its a death trap
Remember the 30+ year old Hinds they gave to the Afghans lol ... this is just more of the same. While Myanmar wont reject it outright, this hunk of metal will just sit in a dock and then sold for scrap. In the meanwhile, Bangladesh will be eyeing their "friendly" bigger neighbor with some quizzical looks.

You guys cannot even beat Bangladesh and you say you are at the top :rofl: :disagree:

Good for them.

Indian KILOS are VERY well maintained..... Apart from this Myanmar I have heard that it is planning to buy brand new KILOS from Russia and Indian KILO they have purchased to get a knowhow of submarine warfare, training crew etc but till then if emergency they can use it in war too.....

Indian KILOS are armed with KLUB-S cruise missiles and are deadly silent killer.... Once fired it gives enemy ship crew 2 options :

1) Abandon the ship and jump into the ocean
2) Wait on the ship and see your death storming towards you

Either way Death is Guaranteed......

Apart from 4 HDWs, 2 Scorpeans (another 2 in sea trials and another 2 under construction), 1 AKULA (taken on lease) and 1 ARIHANT nuclear submarine India does today posses a strong fleet of 8 KILOS which are so deadly that even NATO has given it a codename BLACKHOLE.....

CONGRATULATIONS TO MYANMAR FOR THIE NEW DEADLY UNDERWATER CAPABILITY......
:guns::guns::guns:

We all know Indias bad reputation for maintaining their "indigenous" Russian imports. Did they pay Myanmar for that "mayor" move or was the scrap metal already bribe enough to bother with India? How much did India pay for these stripped down 80s era budget kilos from Russia themself?

Last edited:
Indian KILOS are VERY well maintained..... Apart from this Myanmar I have heard that it is planning to buy brand new KILOS from Russia and Indian KILO they have purchased to get a knowhow of submarine warfare, training crew etc but till then if emergency they can use it in war too.....

Indian KILOS are armed with KLUB-S cruise missiles and are deadly silent killer.... Once fired it gives enemy ship crew 2 options :

1) Abandon the ship and jump into the ocean
2) Wait on the ship and see your death storming towards you

Either way Death is Guaranteed......

Apart from 4 HDWs, 2 Scorpeans (another 2 in sea trials and another 2 under construction), 1 AKULA (taken on lease) and 1 ARIHANT nuclear submarine India does today posses a strong fleet of 8 KILOS which are so deadly that even NATO has given it a codename BLACKHOLE.....

CONGRATULATIONS TO MYANMAR FOR THIE NEW DEADLY UNDERWATER CAPABILITY......
:guns::guns::guns:

I think you misread the label they have labelled it BLACK-HOLE 2 words.

That is 08 Subs (04 in the making) for how much sea are to cover and protect. What number is assigned to Carrier duty and what is left.

India is really lagging on this front.

I hope Bangladesh takes note.

Although Hindu Extremist India is pretending it's against China, I think their target is Bangladesh.

I think you misread the label they have labelled it BLACK-HOLE 2 words.

That is 08 Subs (04 in the making) for how much sea are to cover and protect. What number is assigned to Carrier duty and what is left.

India is really lagging on this front.

Yes by mistake didn't give a space between 2 words BLACK HOLE....
Total we had 10, 1 lost in accident, 1 sold to now Myanmar so now its 8 KILOS.... No idea about what number is assigned to Carrier duty.... but total submarine current and future fleet

8 KILOS (all operatonal)

2 Scorpeans (Kalavari & Khanderi active)
2 Scorpeans (Vela & Karanj under sea trials, joining date delayed due to COVID but expected to join by this Dec)
2 Scopeans (Vaghir & Vaghsheer under construction at advance stage)

4 HDWs (all operational)

1 AKULA (opertional)

1 ARIHANT (opeational)

1 ARIGHAT (under sea trials)

2 another ARIIHANT class under construction

P75-I which could bring another 6 Scorpeans or Shortfin Barracudas

So by 2030 we expect to have around 29 Diesel and nuclear submarines..... Still for the country the size of India with such a large coast lines and thousands of islands this is very small strength.....by then KILOS, HDWs will be due for retirement too....

Last edited:

inducted 26 August 1988

retired in 2020

its a death trap
Yes high chance it could suffer disaster since Myanmar navy never used sub before

If happens public would blame India and sitting gov

inducted 26 August 1988

retired in 2020

its a death trap
Yes high chance it could suffer disaster since Myanmar navy never used sub before

If happens public would blame India and sitting gov

Back
Top Bottom