What's new

Wishlist: What systems/arms do you think Indian armed forces should go for?

These four could very well be bought instead of 40 nuclear capable fighters strategic command is proposing to buy.

Agreed. But it was in the news in 2004/05 after that no news about them. Don't know what happened to them.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

thats the reason why its a wishlist..:D

Yeah but the wishlist should be reasonable. Why should we opt for something that is not for sale.

Then my list go for
1>Ageis ship defence system
2>F/35 C
3>PAK - DA
4>Tavour rifle as standard infantry rifle from israel with full tot.
5>stryker infantry vehicle

Archer FH77 BW L52 Self-Propelled Howitzer, Sweden

1-archer.jpg

The system is operated by three or four crew members who are protected in combat by being under armour. The armoured platform provides protection against 7.62mm rounds, armour penetration rounds, 6kg mines (level 2 STANAG 4569) and has NBC protection for the crew.

5-archer-gun.jpg

The system is designed for high strategic, operational and tactical mobility. The vehicle can reach road-speeds of up to 70km/h, is capable of traversing snow up to a depth of 100cm, is rail transportable and can be air-transportable in the new A400M aircraft. A large hydraulically operated stabiliser is installed in the rear of the chassis and is lowered with the vehicle in the selected firing position.

The gun elevation and traverse ranges are 0° to +70° and -75° to +75°. The initial deployment time and the redeployment times are each less than 30 seconds.
2-archer-vehicle.jpg

The system provides precision strike firepower and high sustained firepower for support and for deep firing operations with more than 25t of ammunition per gun and 24-hour operation.

The howitzer has a continuous fire rate of 75 rounds an hour, an intensive fire rate of 20 rounds (i.e. a full magazine) in 2.5 minutes, and a salvo fire rate of three rounds in 15 seconds. The MRSI capability, multiple round simultaneous impact, is up to six rounds. Direct-sighting can be used for target ranges up to 2,000m.

6-excalibur-shell.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbrEBMVEDU4

^^^ Archer is an excellent system. I like it and gonna post it as well. :)

IA direly need system like Archer FH77.

Then my list go for
1>Ageis ship defence system
I think LM already made a presentation. Though we have Aegis like combat system on board P-17 itself but we need missiles like SM-3 or SM-6.

IN already sent RFI.

3>PAK - DA
May be but I think we should concentrate on UCAV.

4>Tavour rifle as standard infantry rifle from israel with full tot.
Agreed.

5>stryker infantry vehicle
Rite. There were some talks as well and DRDO might have something similar within years.

I think LM already made a presentation. Though we have Aegis like combat system on board P-17 itself but we need missiles like SM-3 or SM-6.

IN already sent RFI.

May be but I think we should concentrate on UCAV.

Agreed.

Rite. There were some talks as well and DRDO might have something similar within years.

you can say Thankz below hehehe

Here is my list -

1. A fully network centric force. Very important for modern warfare.
2. FH77 howitzers
3. Predator and Reapor like UCAVs for Army.
4. 10 Nuclear subs and 5 AC with atleast 2 nuclear powered carriers, capable of launching PAKFA or F-35 if selected.
5. Rail gun type on our destroyers.
6. David;s sling/Iron Dome/PAD/AAD fully operational by 2020.
7. FINSAS by 2016.

To b continued.

Dude I don't think US will sell B-1 Lancer. Instead we can go for Tu-22M3 . I think there were some talks about four of them for IN....

tupolev_tu-22m_backfire_l2.jpg

avtu22_01.jpg

tupolev_tu-22m_backfire_l3.jpg

Does Anyone know Our Navy had leased Tu - 22 m3 during 1999 for 5 years ...... Russia also made offer to us to Buy them in large numbers

1. Military satelites for spying as well as communication one each for IA, IAF, IN

Navy:

a. At least 10 Nuke SSBN & SSGN

b. At least 20 latest HDW AIP submarines

c. Anti submarine warfare Corvettes = 20

d. Carrier battle group = 5 (of which 2 should be nuke)

e. F-35

f. Boeing P-8 Poseidon at least 12 more

g. Fast attack boats = 50 nos.

h. LPD = 5 nos.

IAF:

a.) Tejas = 500

b.) Su 30 MKI = 500

c.) FGFA = 500

d.) LCH = 500

e.) Boeing C-17 Globemaster III = 10 more

f.) Boeing CH-47 Chinook = 100 nos.

g.) AWACS = 8 more

Indian Army:

a.) FINSAS = must must must

b.) Armored personnel carrier = 3000

c.) Mahindra AXE = 5000

d.) Pinaka MBRL with 120 kms & 200 kms range (we shuld develop both with private sector)

e.) Artillery guns

f.) Weapon locating radar

g.) Light tanks

Misc. :

a.) Anti satellite missile

b.) Balletic missile defense system PAD, AAD, Iron Dome, S400

c.) ICBM with 8000 kms range

d.) subsonic cruise missile with 1000kms and 3000 kms range

e.) SLBM with 3000 kms range

f.) Submarine launched cruise missile with 2000 kms range

Dudes I thought this thread would be about the weapons not in service or planned that is new. Not just increased number of existing systems.

Back
Top Bottom