What's new

Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam.

Churchill's famous anti Islam quotes were made in 1899, 66 years before he died. In his later life he definitely preferred Muslims to Hindus. He did support Zionism however.
Yeah, because Hindus weren't licking his boots, but kicking his a$$. That's why...

He did favour Pakistan over India though. He tried to unite Britain with Pakistan, Iraq, Iran and Turkey in a grand Middle East alliance called CENTO which quickly fell apart.

You mean by dividing Indian people on the basis of religion , British have done favor Pakistan over India ?

Is that the reason why he starved 4 million Bengalis to death, since majority of them where happened to be Muslims . That is present day Bangladesh.

Numbers were in between 3 to 7 millions in which eventually we lost Burma delta regions in the present era.

Bengal has always been Muslim Majority. The worst affected area of the Famine was present day Bangladesh which is 90% Muslim majority area.

You are sightly incorrect. Bengal was the epic center of Sanyasi - Fakir Rebellions against the British where Bengalis together fought with full bravery. Then first Bengal was divided in 1905 which was to separate on the basis of language in which Bihar, Orissa, Assam and Burma regions of the Bengal province got separated and then religion was used in which separate electoral were made. and during bengal famine in which even people of Kolkata and other west Bengal people even suffered. And during the heights of the Second world war , People of bengal were dead in millions which was like collective punishment. Muslims and Hindu bengalis both have suffered that time and it would be wrong to say that bengali hindus have not suffered during that time.

These are some pictures of Bengali Hindus during the time of Famine.
Bengal+famine+9.jpg

An+old+64+year+old+peasant+and+his+granddaughter.jpg

Hindus+burning+their+starved+dead.jpg

famine_madras.jpg

Whether you think it was wonderful or not doesn't matter, it was what they wanted.

Even the same things happened in South India during the same time.

Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals

By Web Desk
Published: December 29, 2014

10898181_1053243931359299_6112853035928740298_n.jpg

LONDON:
A newly discovered letter reveals that the family of Winston Churchill urged him to “fight against” the desire to convert to Islam, according to The Independent.

The former prime minister of the United Kingdom who led Britain to victory in World War II was apparently so taken with the Islamic culture that his family wrote to him and told him not to become a Muslim.

In a letter dated August 1907 Churchill’s soon to be sister-in-law wrote to him: “Please don’t become converted to Islam; I have noticed in your disposition a tendency to orientalise, Pasha-like tendencies, I really have.

“If you come into contact with Islam your conversion might be effected with greater ease than you might have supposed, call of the blood, don’t you know what I mean, do fight against it.”

The letter, discovered by a history research fellow at Cambridge University, Warren Dockter, was written by Lady Gwendoline Bertie who married Churchill’s brother Jack.

“Churchill never seriously considered converting,” Dr Dockter told The Independent. “He was more or less an atheist by this time anyway. He did however have a fascination with Islamic culture which was common among Victorians.”

Churchill had the chance to observe Islamic society when he served as British Army officer in Sudan.

In a letter written to Lady Lytton in 1907 Churchill wrote that he “wished he were” a Pasha, which was a rank of distinction in the Ottoman Empire.

“[Lady Gwendoline Bertie] would have been worried because Churchill was leaving for an African tour and she would have known Churchill had been seeing his friend, Wilfrid S. Blunt, who was a renowned Arabist, anti-imperialist and poet. Though he and Churchill were friends and dressed in Arabian dress at times for Blunt’s eccentric parties, they rarely agreed.”

In 1940, when Churchill was leading Britain’s fight against Nazi Germany, he gave his support to plans to build what became the London Central Mosque in Regent’s Park – putting aside £100,000 for the purpose – in the hope of winning the support of Muslim countries in the war.

He later told the House of Commons that “many of our friends in Muslim countries” had expressed appreciation for this “gift”.

“Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralizes the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith.”

Dr Dockter, who assisted the London Mayor Boris Johnson on his book about Churchill, discovered the letter while researching his forthcoming book Winston Churchill and the Islamic World: Orientalism, Empire and Diplomacy in the Middle East.

Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals - News - People - The Independent

Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals – The Express Tribune

By Web Desk

LONDON:
A newly discovered letter reveals that the family of Winston Churchill urged him to “fight against” the desire to convert to Islam, according to The Independent.

The former prime minister of the United Kingdom who led Britain to victory in World War II was apparently so taken with the Islamic culture that his family wrote to him and told him not to become a Muslim.

In a letter dated August 1907 Churchill’s soon to be sister-in-law wrote to him: “Please don’t become converted to Islam; I have noticed in your disposition a tendency to orientalise, Pasha-like tendencies, I really have.

“If you come into contact with Islam your conversion might be effected with greater ease than you might have supposed, call of the blood, don’t you know what I mean, do fight against it.”

The letter, discovered by a history research fellow at Cambridge University, Warren Dockter, was written by Lady Gwendoline Bertie who married Churchill’s brother Jack.

“Churchill never seriously considered converting,” Dr Dockter told The Independent. “He was more or less an atheist by this time anyway. He did however have a fascination with Islamic culture which was common among Victorians.”

Churchill had the chance to observe Islamic society when he served as British Army officer in Sudan.

In a letter written to Lady Lytton in 1907 Churchill wrote that he “wished he were” a Pasha, which was a rank of distinction in the Ottoman Empire.

“[Lady Gwendoline Bertie] would have been worried because Churchill was leaving for an African tour and she would have known Churchill had been seeing his friend, Wilfrid S. Blunt, who was a renowned Arabist, anti-imperialist and poet. Though he and Churchill were friends and dressed in Arabian dress at times for Blunt’s eccentric parties, they rarely agreed.”

In 1940, when Churchill was leading Britain’s fight against Nazi Germany, he gave his support to plans to build what became the London Central Mosque in Regent’s Park – putting aside £100,000 for the purpose – in the hope of winning the support of Muslim countries in the war.

He later told the House of Commons that “many of our friends in Muslim countries” had expressed appreciation for this “gift”.

“Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralizes the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith.”

Dr Dockter, who assisted the London Mayor Boris Johnson on his book about Churchill, discovered the letter while researching his forthcoming book Winston Churchill and the Islamic World: Orientalism, Empire and Diplomacy in the Middle East.

Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals - News - People - The Independent

Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals – The Express Tribune
I am hearing this a lot these days. There are claims that Diana was also looking to convert but she died, but both are dead so no use of discussing it.

He seems to have had an early period where he feared/hated islam and muslims

And then gradually his views changed

He was still a twat but i read recently he was instrumental in setting up one of Britain's first mosques

I am hearing this a lot these days. There are claims that Diana was also looking to convert but she died, but both are dead so no use of discussing it.

Can't say about Diana, but Churchill was definitely not looking to convert. From the article itself:

???

Dr Dockter, what an amazing name, like Mr Mister. :enjoy:

By Web Desk

LONDON:

For Heavens' Sake!

Don't tell me, Horus, that you took this seriously.

He seems to have had an early period where he feared/hated islam and muslims

And then gradually his views changed

He was still a twat but i read recently he was instrumental in setting up one of Britain's first mosques

You're right, it's in the article, too.

That story started because of her Egyptian boy-friend, the one with whom she was the day of the crash. They were apparently serious about each other; some stories insist marriaige was a possibility, others merely hint at a deepening relationship. And, of course, everyone has read of her involvement with a handsome Pakistani doctor. That might have been another reason for her to think about conversion.

For Heavens' Sake!

That story started because of her Egyptian boy-friend, the one with whom she was the day of the crash. They were apparently serious about each other; some stories insist marriaige was a possibility, others merely hint at a deepening relationship. And, of course, everyone has read of her involvement with a handsome Pakistani doctor. That might have been another reason for her to think about conversion.

Just an opinion Sir. I don't think a man who killed millions of people in the Bengal famine would have a heart for a faith that equates one murder to a universal slaughter.

For Heavens' Sake!

How about other folks.. are they allowed to take it serious?

Just an opinion Sir. I don't think a man who killed millions of people in the Bengal famine would have a heart for a faith that equates one murder to a universal slaughter.

Not that alone, Chief; he was a shallow man on the spiritual side. Practically an atheist, meaning too lazy to actually become one, just a man who stopped going to church.

Back
Top Bottom