What's new

Wing Commander Noman Ali Khan & Squadron Leader Hassan Siddqui, MIG-21Bison & SU-30 MKI slayers

@Windjammer
Following are the main medals awarded to PAF personnel involved in Operation Swift Retort ...

Sitara-i-Jur’at:-

Wing Commander Muhammad Noman Ali Khan, Air Force.

Tamgha-i-Jur’at:-

Group Capt Faheem Ahmad Khan, Air Force,
Squadron Leader Hasan Mahmood Siddiqui, Air Force.

My query is ...

Is Sitara-e-Jurat more prestigious or Tamgha-e-Jurat?

If Sitara-e-Jurat is more prestigious, then would the shooter of MiG-21 be awarded the more more prestigious award. As according to you W/C Noman Ali Khan shot down MiG-21 and he was awarded Sitara-e-Jurat and S/L Hassan Siddqui, according to you shot down Su-30MKI, was awarded Tamgha-e-Jurat?

Your response would be appreciated.

Sitara is more prestigious and was awarded for confirm kill

Tamgha is one less than Sitara and awarded bcs we have confirm HIT. Couldn’t confirm/proof the kill due to media/satellite blackout by Indians

Tamgha is one less than Sitara and awarded bcs we have confirm HIT. Couldn’t confirm/proof the kill due to media/satellite blackout by Indians
Su-30MKI is a claim. No confirmed kill as no wreckage was found.

Hasn't DGISPR also stated that we have shot down their SU-30MKI? Also @Windjammer himself is on record on the forum as saying that the ACM had also claimed the same thing to him (when he met the ACM on an airport) ... so has Alan Warnes stated the same quoting the ACM? Don't their acknowledgement carry the necessary weight?

Also on another thread, created by @Windjammer, he has stated that we tracked the demise of the SU-30 from 3 different radar systems. Shouldn't that be proof enough?

Last edited:
Hasn't DGISPR also stated that we have shot down their SU-30MKI? Also @Windjammer himself is on record on the forum as saying that the ACM had also claimed the same thing to him (when he met the ACM on an airport) ... so has Alan Warnes stated the same quoting the ACM? Don't their acknowledgement carry the necessary weight?
there is a possibility of damage only not the compete destruction Su-30

there is a possibility of damage only not the compete destruction Su-30
True. But as I have edited my previous post by adding ...

"Also on another thread, created by @Windjammer, he has stated that we tracked the demise of the SU-30 from 3 different radar systems. Shouldn't that be proof enough?".

We have the Mayday calls of the SU-30MKI
IAF RT with PAF is a heavy weight evidence.
That further reinforces the point I am trying to make that the Su-30MKI kill is pretty much slam dunk from our side. So the argument then arises then who shot down the SU-30MKI W/C Noman or S/L Hassan? How much weight should be given to the availability of wreckage vs electronic proof?

S/L Hassan
Yes.

electronic proof
Carries a lot of weight for the parties involved as well as foreign Military heads. Wreckage footage is not available as plane went to IoK before possible crashing. Furthermore, beside the RT, three different Radars have the data for MKI hit. So in the end, you present more evidences to weight in as a proof. Only time will tell.

And the pieces of AMRAAM that they showed is a proof the it made its mark and was pulled out of the wreckage of SU-30MKI. I think it was hit by 2 AMRAAM.

I have heard that SU-30’s wreckage was kept in a certain aircraft hanger at Awantipur AFB for quite some time.

Possible and not to forget how good are they to cover or even would have replaced/repaired during period till now. And furthermore, as stated above, it is near impossible to find a piece of an AMRAAM in hours of conflict like this but an easy job while picking up scrap of downed MKI. I am really hopeful that our Chinese Friends had the SAT images of area/crashed MKI but then I see why Russian FM immediately reached Islamabad to meet big wigs. If PAF wasn't sure or had no evidence as such; we wouldn't witness firm belief as such.

Russian FM or Russian Ambassador???

Not just the FM but a team, my friend and may be the reason was to de-escalate by downplaying one or two things at that particular time though, that doesn't mean that nothing happened as such and we will not release tid bits on later stage. Concealing facts/evidence at that time was favourable for parties involved, from our prospective.

Back
Top Bottom