What's new

Will Washington alienate Pakistan?

The mess in Afghanistan 2001-present isn't like it was post Soviet withdraw where Pakistan de-facto controlled the country. Now, there's bound to be bad blood between groups Pakistan worked with in the past and carried out operations against in the present.

Once Kabul is taken care of these groups will turn their attention to each other and later Pakistan. In the meantime millions of Afghans, as previously, will flood through the border and settle in tent "cities" breeding the next generation "agents of chaos".

Instability in Afghanistan will migrate over to Pakistan and destabilize it beyond the existing elasticity.

The US knows the exact buttons on which it needs to push for it to get a response from Pakistan. Like it or not both can either work together or face the consequences, Pakistan and the US are married to the issue.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/af...d-Taliban-attack-central-Afghan-hospital.html

http://indianexpress.com/article/world/salma-dam-attack-taliban-afghanistan-live-4721158/

Dam was built by India btw. Again you need to protect infra in such a hostile area. Otherwise they will keep blowing it up.

You can actually help us ask your friends in Afg to seal and mine the border on their side that will be a great help and will be genuinely appreciated.

Protecting dam, hospital and infrastructure projects, better India should provide military hardwares, training and do other stubs.

Yes I agree on this part, afghanistan and pakistan border should be sealed but if I look history then I would say that do not repeat the same mistake what US did with pakistan after 1992. They just left pakistan with Taliban terrorists , Afghanistani are in pakistan also so that slowly and steadily seal the border and Afghanistani people should be taken in confidence. It will help pakistan as well Afghanistan.

The future of all the development and infra is bleak as long as long there's the Taliban, which Afghanistan can only get rid of if Indian soldiers give their pavitr blood. I reckon it's not too much to ask for, for brothers. :(

Blood is not solution. By the way, your army is there for that. This should be deal by pakistan army in Pakistan afghanistan borders. Indian blood is not required.

The reality is they will be sitting ducks and their logistics would be costly and a nightmare.

We are baniya "businessmen", We will get what we desire, by keeping happy who ever is in power. We donot need soldiers on ground
Today NA is getting a share, tomorrow taliban will get the same, business will go as usual.

Jindal owns a largest chunk in Afgan mining industry, Taliban is kicking ANA but there is no action on Indian businesses. Every one is getting their share :p

When USA does things like this with any country, no matter what that country does, no matter how obedient that country becomes, USA's decisions never change about that country. For example Saudia Arabia and her current "reforms": Nangy hokar bhi nachlo gy to bhi nahi bacho gy, tumhara faisla hochuka hai.
Its better that Pakistan try to break the neck of USA's hold, not only in Afghanistan but also the region around us. Make USA and her "policy makers"(sitting in Israel) feel sorry for their actions.
And if Democracy doen't work for us, no problem, everything doesn't work for everybody. Bring technocratic govt and gradually convert it into a political system(for political stability). Simple.
But for the relations with USA: Ham nangy hokar bhi nach laingy to bhi nahi bachaingy.
No operation within Pakistan on USA's wish.

POTW.......The Iraqis, Afghans, Syrians and Libyans will attest to your post above.

Bilateral issue between Pakistan and the USA.

The cheer-leading gang of Rajeshez and Patels and Kaminiz and Guptas should really stay out of it otherwise the deeper you get pulled into this, the fancier your problem will become.

Alienate Pakistan? Well, there's nice NATO supply route you've got there,would be a shame if somebody.....cut it off and let you and your puppet regime get destroyed.

On a serious note, the US has a history of abandoning allies as soon they no longer need them, just like they did with us after the Afghan War in the '80's, However, it would be good for once if we started to stand on our feet more firmly once US leashes are cut off, history shows that relatively more isolated nations gradually become more or less self sufficient through domestic industrialisation and trading within an enclosed economy, look at, for example, Emperial Japan,The U.K., and in fact , even the U.S. developed due to an isolationist policy throughout the 1800's.

Why are we still in kind of illusion. Our policy makers choose 'War on Terror' and now when rightfully we are no longer able to support them with the way they want it probably over or let say marginal relationship.

India is who they have chosen as there partner in the reign for the next century

Last edited:
That Afghan guy was sounding and looked more Indian, so was his narrative.
I was thinking the same lol.Kudos

Alienate Pakistan? Well, there's nice NATO supply route you've got there,would be a shame if somebody.....cut it off and let you and your puppet regime get destroyed.

On a serious note, the US has a history of abandoning allies as soon they no longer need them, just like they did with us after the Afghan War in the '80's, However, it would be good for once if we started to stand on our feet more firmly once US leashes are cut off, history shows that relatively more isolated nations gradually become more or less self sufficient through domestic industrialisation and trading within an enclosed economy, look at, for example, Emperial Japan,The U.K., and in fact , even the U.S. developed due to an isolationist policy throughout the 1800's.
It is because of their previous sanctions that are own defence industry has began to thrive,I say let them bark all day long as they really have no bite in regards to Pakistan.Kudos

I was thinking the same lol.Kudos

It is because of their previous sanctions that are own defence industry has began to thrive,I say let them bark all day long as they really have no bite in regards to Pakistan.Kudos
alienation is sometimes better it kickstarts local industries.

Back
Top Bottom