What's new

Will do Jihad if modi applies Uniform civil code:Shahi imam

GreenFoe

Reaction score
nside the precincts of the Tipu Sultan Shahi mosque is an office, the board announcing it to be property of the Prince Gholam Mohammed Waqf Board. On the first floor, up a narrow staircase, sits the shahi imam NR Barkati.

It is late afternoon and Barkati is resting on a mattress on the floor. He gets up to outline the history of the mosque.

It was set up by Tipu Sultan's son Ghulam Mohammed in 1805 and the trust that runs it have a "lot of property" in Kolkata's prime areas, from which they get rent. His father was the Shahi Imam for 50 years, and he himself has been at the helm for the last 27 years.

Barkati has been in the news recently.

He told chief minister Mamata Banerjee in mid-March to emulate Rahul Gandhi and criticise Narendra Modi more. The chief minister appears to have heeded his advice, and stepped up her rhetoric after that. This has increased his political weight.

In Kolkata's circles though, Barkati is often mocked and dismissed for being an 'opportunist', for being on the side of whoever is in power -– be it the CPM or now the Trinamool -- and even called 'lal-batti imam' for allegedly driving around in a car with red beacon.
imran.jpg

Barkati, however, rubbished this perception. "I have never been with CPM since they are atheists. I believe in the Congress party but they are too weak here. Mamata is born from the womb of secularism and so I support her. I have told her to speak against fascist forces, and she is doing it."

He will campaign extensively for Trinamool "like I did in 2011".

The shahi imam has a high impression of his role and power.

"I made her win last time. Even now her party people need me." West Bengal, he claimed, has 70,000 mosques, where he and other imams can wield influence.

Others however have real doubts about whether his appeal stretches that far and wide.

"He has been close to TMC, so Mamata listens to her. But no one controls anyone's votes as he claims," said a top Left leader of the state, who wished to remain anonymous.

"You must understand we ruled Hindustan for 1,000 years. But we never made Hindus slaves here, like the British did. We want to live in harmony now," Barkati added.

But he claimed that Narendra Modi presents a real "threat" and has a warning. "If BJP comes to power, implements the RSS agenda, if they impose uniform civil code, if they stop us from praying, the Muslim clergy and scholars will discuss it and can even proclaim jehad."

Kolkata's shahi iman wary of Narendra Modi's ascendency - Hindustan Times

But he claimed that Narendra Modi presents a real "threat" and has a warning. "If BJP comes to power, the Muslim clergy and scholars will discuss it and can even proclaim jehad."
This asshole should STFU! He'll be the first to be hung by his balls if he even attempts to proclaim so called jihad. This idiot needs to visit a shrink, pronto.

nside the precincts of the Tipu Sultan Shahi mosque is an office, the board announcing it to be property of the Prince Gholam Mohammed Waqf Board. On the first floor, up a narrow staircase, sits the shahi imam NR Barkati.

It is late afternoon and Barkati is resting on a mattress on the floor. He gets up to outline the history of the mosque.

It was set up by Tipu Sultan's son Ghulam Mohammed in 1805 and the trust that runs it have a "lot of property" in Kolkata's prime areas, from which they get rent. His father was the Shahi Imam for 50 years, and he himself has been at the helm for the last 27 years.

He told chief minister Mamata Banerjee in mid-March to emulate Rahul Gandhi and criticise Narendra Modi more. The chief minister appears to have heeded his advice, and stepped up her rhetoric after that. This has increased his political weight.

In Kolkata's circles though, Barkati is often mocked and dismissed for being an 'opportunist', for being on the side of whoever is in power -– be it the CPM or now the Trinamool -- and even called 'lal-batti imam' for allegedly driving around in a car with red beacon.
imran.jpg

Barkati, however, rubbished this perception. "I have never been with CPM since they are atheists. I believe in the Congress party but they are too weak here. Mamata is born from the womb of secularism and so I support her. I have told her to speak against fascist forces, and she is doing it."

"I made her win last time. Even now her party people need me." West Bengal, he claimed, has 70,000 mosques, where he and other imams can wield influence.

Others however have real doubts about whether his appeal stretches that far and wide.

"He has been close to TMC, so Mamata listens to her. But no one controls anyone's votes as he claims," said a top Left leader of the state, who wished to remain anonymous.

"You must understand we ruled Hindustan for 1,000 years. But we never made Hindus slaves here, like the British did. We want to live in harmony now," Barkati added.

But he claimed that Narendra Modi presents a real "threat" and has a warning. "If BJP comes to power, implements the RSS agenda, if they impose uniform civil code, if they stop us from praying, the Muslim clergy and scholars will discuss it and can even proclaim jehad."

I am not surprised, the seculars are showing their true colors. :tup: Cool! :D This man of the religion of peace will declare war on all of us, if a Modi led Govt brings in the Uniform Civil Code which is an objective mentioned in the Constitution.

I will file a case against Modi if he does not implement the Uniform Civil Code now. :agree:

Someone needs to tell this shahi naan kebaab that his ilk are the one who enslaved themselves & hence he is in minority today. He is welcome to commence his jihad... & before that he needs to know in India we don't make distinction between good jihadists & bad jihadists! :sniper:

Dont worry, they'll all get used to it.

Let Modi win first.

f**k off , dont try jihad thing here we will kick your a$$es so hard that you will run back to pakistan
LOL,:rofl::rofl:
We know how the GOI has pissed its pants in Kashmir and the red corridor, I dont think you are in a position to piss off 20 crore Muslims by targeting them indiscriminately......:crazy:
try to be a little judgmental next time you make such bold statements....

LOL,:rofl::rofl:
We know how the GOI has pissed its pants in Kashmir and the red corridor, I dont think you are in a position to piss off 20 crore Muslims by targeting them indiscriminately......:crazy:
try to be a little judgmental next time you make such bold statements....
we are doing what we need to :lol:

imran.jpg

Actually they Can,t do nothing These Imams don't even have Support From Muslim Masses.The 67 years of are Democracy Done Its Work These So Called Imams Don,t Have Support Of the Muslims in India. Like the Rss Don't have Support of All Hindus Of India . If Go on Ground And Ask Common Muslims on the ground they are more than happy And want to live with Hindus The Way they are Living Since Counties Independence. Imams Are Not more than A political Stood for these common Muslim People. In My VIEW these So Called Imams only Can effect Few on Fanatics Or Extremist Goons groups Still Present in Are Society

This paindu wants to do jihad, my Mazhabi Sikh warrior brothers will send him to land of the pure like we did in 1947.

Back
Top Bottom