What's new

Will China's technology surpass America's?

You appear not to grasp the FACT that its a magnetometer in an integrated IC which is used to point at the magnetic north by assessing its strength. It does not contain a magnetised piece of iron which you claim is the only current Chinese invention that we currently use amongst the billions of pieces of technology around me.

And then there is that loon PAKISTANFOREVER who predicts China will be ahead of the US in 10 years but cannot point at what Chinese science and tech he currently uses. I mean Chinese not copies or imitations or derivative tat

"T’sai Lun of China invented paper around 2000 years back. Historians believe that in 3500 B. C. Egyptians first discovered paper. It was made from a reedy plant papyrus which grew around river Nile in Egypt. It was from this plant only that the name paper was derived. "

http://www.whoinvented.org/who-invented-paper/
I didn't claim that Chinese invention is what we are currently using. I never said that and you are putting your words into my mouth. That is not nice. But what you are implying is that since we are not currently using the ancient Chinese invention, ancient Chinese invention must be off no significance. You probably think you are the only human beings who have ever existed.

In addition, Egyptian papyrus is significantly different from Chinese paper. Chinese paper making technology is a giant leap from papyrus, which depended on a specific plant and died when the plant died, while Chinese paper can be made from all types of plants, because of its invention on beating the plant fibers. That is why papyrus was only used in a small region while Chinese paper is now world-wide.

Your logic on papyrus vs paper is a very biased one. Using your logic, Gutenberg printing technique should be of no significant since Chinese invented a similar one long ago.

The Chinese love to yap about how they will surpass American tech, but the reality they don’t want to face is that they’ve created nothing of note since ancient times and they steal a quarter to half a trillion in American IP every year.

The Chinese are very good at taking stolen IP and developing evolutionary improvements on that technology.

The problem for China is they rarely create revolutionary products for the world. For example, name a Chinese product that revolutionized an industry the way the IPhone did for the smartphone industry? Or what SpaceX is doing for reusable rockets and the space industry?

The United States has a long proven track record. For China, you have to look back to ancient times.
https://www.ehang.com/ehangaav

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...orlds-first-mobile-quantum-satellite-station/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.zdnet.com/google-amp/article/huawei-changes-its-patent-story/

http://www.iotsolutionshub.com/en/product/bike-sharing-solution/

Can you name me one piece of technology amongst the millions I use every day that is entirely Chinese ?????
The Chinese love to yap about how they will surpass American tech, but the reality they don’t want to face is that they’ve created nothing of note since ancient times and they steal a quarter to half a trillion in American IP every year.

The Chinese are very good at taking stolen IP and developing evolutionary improvements on that technology.

The problem for China is they rarely create revolutionary products for the world. For example, name a Chinese product that revolutionized an industry the way the IPhone did for the smartphone industry? Or what SpaceX is doing for reusable rockets and the space industry?

The United States has a long proven track record. For China, you have to look back to ancient times.
To produce new technological inventions needs intensive capital that the US have.
But the US needed the BRAINS and SKILLS of THE CHINESE.
Unfortunately these Chinese efforts are unacknowledged until a CENTURY LATER.

Now more Chinese are staying and helping China with innovations and inventions within China.
No worry America, the Indians will help you with VEDIC SCIENCE, HAHA.
2 examples below.

https://curiosity.com/topics/chien-...t-who-succeeded-where-fermi-failed-curiosity/
Chien-Shiung Wu Is the Manhattan Project Physicist Who Succeeded Where Fermi Failed
March 1, 2017

In 1944, she joined the Manhattan Project, the famed research program conceived by Albert Einstein and Enrico Fermi to develop an atomic bomb.
Wu actually made a breakthrough where Fermi himself had struggled—she developed a way to enrich uranium ore that helped create large quantities of fuel for the atomic bomb.
That wasn't the last time she gave Fermi a helping hand. She also was responsible for the first confirmation of his theory of beta decay, where a neutron or proton changes into the other and creates a different element.

https://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime...man-who-got-u-s-aircraft-giant-boeing-flying/
The Chinese Birdman Who Got US Aircraft Giant Boeing Flying
Sep 24, 2015
It isn't well known outside aviation circles that the first engineer at U.S. aircraft maker Boeing almost a century ago was a man from China, Wong Tsu.
Mr. Wong’s hiring by Boeing produced almost immediate results.

China is far from stop use USA components (SoCs, proccesors, etc..), and USA software. They just assemble pieces made In USA. China just do the easy work.

The biggest advantage US has is English. The language. It helps US a lot in absorbing talents from whole world.

Chinese as a language is too difficult for non-Chinese. China VS US in science and technologies is like China VS rest world. But China still has chance. Because China's population is big enough and Chinese as a whole are good at STEM. Talents number and quality in China will not be disproportionate even it is China VS rest world. China's future lies on China's education.

It will take decades at least. May 30 - 50 years.

I have faith in the younger generation to perform well but the older generation born in the 50s, 60s and 70s are predominantly backward e.g my parents generation. The generation raised in the 80s onward is more progressive and the newest generation raised under Xi Jinping will carry the torch to great heights.

"T’sai Lun of China invented paper around 2000 years back. Historians believe that in 3500 B. C. Egyptians first discovered paper. It was made from a reedy plant papyrus which grew around river Nile in Egypt. It was from this plant only that the name paper was derived. "

http://www.whoinvented.org/who-invented-paper/

Egyptian "paper" has "technologically" as much to do with Chinese paper and the modern concept of paper as a Persian carpet.

https://qr.ae/pNruaM
Will China's technology surpass America's?
Asim Qureshi, MA Physics, University of Oxford
Alex Pandian, MCA Computer Science & Technology, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India (2006) and Arun Rajaraman, M.S Technology & Management, New Jersey Institute of Technology (2005)

A couple of weeks ago Trump called former US President Jimmy Carter for the first time.

Trump talked about a few things including his concern about China "getting ahead of us."

Carter agreed with this concern but asked "And do you know why?"

He went on to answer it…

“Since 1979, do you know how many times China has been at war with anybody? None. And we have stayed at war."

Carter said the US is "the most warlike nation in the history of the world".

"We have wasted, I think, $3 trillion. China has not wasted a single penny on war, and that's why they're ahead of us. In almost every way.”

China’s technology will be comfortably ahead of the US’s, in a very macro sense, within a decade.

195.5k views

China is playing catch up with the western world .
I think in future nobody will be much ahead of anyone due to increased globalisation , experts in intelligence (read stealing others technologies ) gathering on others.

The biggest advantage US has is English. The language. It helps US a lot in absorbing talents from whole world.

Chinese as a language is too difficult for non-Chinese. China VS US in science and technologies is like China VS rest world. But China still has chance. Because China's population is big enough and Chinese as a whole are good at STEM. Talents number and quality in China will not be disproportionate even it is China VS rest world. China's future lies on China's education.

China desperately needs more English education to enable it to communicate with the rest of the world.

China desperately needs more English education to enable it to communicate with the rest of the world.
No. China has way too much English language education but too little English cultural education. Chinese students spend many years learning English language mechanics but very little of its cultural content, largely due to the political barrier the government puts down. This practice severely hinders them from using this language for actual communication effectively.

Last edited:
Can you name me one piece of technology amongst the millions I use every day that is entirely Chinese ?????
Paper money.

Both countries will be leaders in tech development. China may surpass the USA in time but the USA has long track record of innovation.

Actually in China the voice of reducing English courses is getting bigger. And I saw many non-Chinese speak good Chinese. Good sign for China. As an ABC, do you speak Chinese at all?

Back
Top Bottom