What's new

Will China's technology surpass America's?

vi-va

Reaction score
Country
China
https://qr.ae/pNruaM
Asim Qureshi, MA Physics, University of Oxford
Alex Pandian, MCA Computer Science & Technology, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India (2006) and Arun Rajaraman, M.S Technology & Management, New Jersey Institute of Technology (2005)

A couple of weeks ago Trump called former US President Jimmy Carter for the first time.

Trump talked about a few things including his concern about China "getting ahead of us."

Carter agreed with this concern but asked "And do you know why?"

He went on to answer it…

“Since 1979, do you know how many times China has been at war with anybody? None. And we have stayed at war."

Carter said the US is "the most warlike nation in the history of the world".

"We have wasted, I think, $3 trillion. China has not wasted a single penny on war, and that's why they're ahead of us. In almost every way.”

China’s technology will be comfortably ahead of the US’s, in a very macro sense, within a decade.

195.5k views

https://qr.ae/pNruaM
Asim Qureshi, MA Physics, University of Oxford
Alex Pandian, MCA Computer Science & Technology, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India (2006) and Arun Rajaraman, M.S Technology & Management, New Jersey Institute of Technology (2005)

A couple of weeks ago Trump called former US President Jimmy Carter for the first time.

Trump talked about a few things including his concern about China "getting ahead of us."

Carter agreed with this concern but asked "And do you know why?"

He went on to answer it…

“Since 1979, do you know how many times China has been at war with anybody? None. And we have stayed at war."

Carter said the US is "the most warlike nation in the history of the world".

"We have wasted, I think, $3 trillion. China has not wasted a single penny on war, and that's why they're ahead of us. In almost every way.”

China’s technology will be comfortably ahead of the US’s, in a very macro sense, within a decade.

195.5k views

In 10 years time, it is HIGHLY probable that China will be ahead of the USA in terms of science and technology.

I have NEVER used a compass. I have used a magnetometer in a integrated IC on my iphone which points to magnetic north. That is not a compass

"The first magnetometer capable of measuring the absolute magnetic intensity was invented by Carl Friedrich Gauss in 1833 and notable developments in the 19th century included the Hall effect, which is still widely used."

I have NEVER used a compass. I have used a magnetometer in a integrated IC on my iphone which points to magnetic north. That is not a compass

"The first magnetometer capable of measuring the absolute magnetic intensity was invented by Carl Friedrich Gauss in 1833 and notable developments in the 19th century included the Hall effect, which is still widely used."
To find directions, you don't need to measure the absolute magnetic intensity. You just need RELATIVE magnetic intensity.

To find directions, you don't need to measure the absolute magnetic intensity. You just need RELATIVE magnetic intensity.

You appear not to grasp the FACT that its a magnetometer in an integrated IC which is used to point at the magnetic north by assessing its strength. It does not contain a magnetised piece of iron which you claim is the only current Chinese invention that we currently use amongst the billions of pieces of technology around me.

And then there is that loon PAKISTANFOREVER who predicts China will be ahead of the US in 10 years but cannot point at what Chinese science and tech he currently uses. I mean Chinese not copies or imitations or derivative tat

"T’sai Lun of China invented paper around 2000 years back. Historians believe that in 3500 B. C. Egyptians first discovered paper. It was made from a reedy plant papyrus which grew around river Nile in Egypt. It was from this plant only that the name paper was derived. "

http://www.whoinvented.org/who-invented-paper/

You appear not to grasp the FACT that its a magnetometer in an integrated IC which is used to point at the magnetic north by assessing its strength. It does not contain a magnetised piece of iron which you claim is the only current Chinese invention that we currently use amongst the billions of pieces of technology around me.

And then there is that loon PAKISTANFOREVER who predicts China will be ahead of the US in 10 years but cannot point at what Chinese science and tech he currently uses. I mean Chinese not copies or imitations or derivative tat

"T’sai Lun of China invented paper around 2000 years back. Historians believe that in 3500 B. C. Egyptians first discovered paper. It was made from a reedy plant papyrus which grew around river Nile in Egypt. It was from this plant only that the name paper was derived. "

http://www.whoinvented.org/who-invented-paper/

I personally believe that in 10 years time, india will be ahead of China, America, Russia and the EU in terms of science and technology. I believe from 2032, india will be inventing all the advanced sciences and technologies. india will be AT LEAST 165 years ahead of america and China by then.

PS The first man on the moon, Neil Armstrong was not american. Neil Armstrong was in fact a south indian from tamil nadu.

India WILL NEVER be ahead of China in the next 50 years if ever. However both these countries will reach an accommodation in the next 50 years on the future of Asia

It's like saying cavemen invented paper by making marks on tree leaves.

Can you name me one piece of technology amongst the millions I use every day that is entirely Chinese ?????

The Chinese love to yap about how they will surpass American tech, but the reality they don’t want to face is that they’ve created nothing of note since ancient times and they steal a quarter to half a trillion in American IP every year.

The Chinese are very good at taking stolen IP and developing evolutionary improvements on that technology.

The problem for China is they rarely create revolutionary products for the world. For example, name a Chinese product that revolutionized an industry the way the IPhone did for the smartphone industry? Or what SpaceX is doing for reusable rockets and the space industry?

The United States has a long proven track record. For China, you have to look back to ancient times.

Back
Top Bottom