What's new

Wiki Loves Earth shortlists top 10 photos in Pakistan round

Additional Info:

5757fe8dbe3fd.jpg

Duiker Peak, Hunza. — Photo by Mudassir Ahmed

Spantik in the center-background. The famous saddle is clearly visible.

5757fec7c09c3.jpg

Nanga Parbat, Diamer. — Photo by M. Awais

More specifically, as most of you must have recognised, this is Fairy Meadows.

5757ff4677a0e.jpg

Naran, Kaghan Valley. — Photo by Talha Hanif

Another easily recognisable place, it's the track leading to Lake Saiful Maluk from the town of Naran.

5757ff7debd9c.jpg

Rama Lake, Astore. — Photo by Faiza Lalwani

Not Rama Lake but the valley leading to it.

5757ff9377f61.jpg

The Karakoram mountain range, Astore Valley. — Photo by Najeeb Mahmud

Definitely not the Astore Valley, is for sure the KKH. Might be the stretch at Bunji in the Diamir Valley where you get off the KKH and drive south-east towards Astore.

5757ffd1f11a3.jpg

The Karakoram mountain range, Hunza Valley. — Photo by Irfan Tahir

To be exact this is Passu and the massif you see in the background is known as the famous Passu Cones, the most prominent of which (centre-background) is called the Passu Cathedral.

Never heard about this place before.

It's at the north-east side of Nanga Parbat. Trekking a little southwards from here gives you amazing views of the feared Rupal Face.

finally find a balti guy with a balti name
rgyalchan karim
the one who took the skardu katpana pic
rgyalchan is a balti name

Che halio brother. Where exactly do you hail from?

These are good but I definitely wouldn't say they are the best.

Well you really can't ever decide on the best with the kinda places Pakistan has.

You might not be able go to many places in Winter as the snow gets thick and the places become inaccessible the only way is to either rent a heli or come in April/May the snow is still very thick in april may but you might be able to get
To see These places in full glory come after Spring.

The Chitral National Park is snowed shut and Rama Lake would be hell to trek to. Naran and Shogran can be reached by jeep if your lucky with the weather while Fairy Meadows is a tough trek in the snow, but still doable. All the other places shown in the pictures are easily accessible.

Last edited:
EID par eidi se jaunga.:D...BtW are u a tourist planner?
Lolz, :lol:
Nah bahi i am not a tour planner AT ALL.
Just love to travel myself so though i may be able to help you.
PLUS
I would love if tourism in these areas increase. Good for the locals, good for the country.

But this "Eid pa eidi sa jaun ga" dont help me do anything for you. :) The question remains whether you plan to travel alone, with family, with friends. All have different expenses.
AND
What age group you are in, college university worked or someone on Job? the STANDARDS differ for both and thus the price :lol: Trust me, i have traveled as both so i KNOW!

dafuq? 3/4 days for 8k agli dafa is rate par majey bi leyjana?It took me 20K with 15 others stayed mostly at PTDC which was horrible.
It depends on what your and your friends preferences are. :)
Usually it is us 8 friends who travel together to the Norther areas and we have managed the 4 day tour in 6000-7000 per head as well in our university days when you have to be a bit more careful with your funds :P. It all depends on what your groupd of friends is like, who you are travelling with and what is you age range. By age, actually what matters is if you are a group of care free college students (you can travel cheap and are not really into exploring it all) a bunch of university/hostel fellows who are mostly even closer then brothers (it do not matter if you have spacy rooms, you are used to hostel and have no problem sharing the bed n blanket with ALL those friends, yeah, get them all in there together) or it is a group of office colleagues traveling to get away from the hectic office routine (in that case you look for more peaceful and better planned tour AND everyone needs his own bed, even room in some cases)

As i mentioned, i have traveled as all so i do know :P
It is a separate thing that usually it is the same group of 7-8 friends who were all university/hostel fellows so the jobs and business have not effected us much. :lol:

Lolz, :lol:
Nah bahi i am not a tour planner AT ALL.
Just love to travel myself so though i may be able to help you.
PLUS
I would love if tourism in these areas increase. Good for the locals, good for the country.

But this "Eid pa eidi sa jaun ga" dont help me do anything for you. :) The question remains whether you plan to travel alone, with family, with friends. All have different expenses.
AND
What age group you are in, college university worked or someone on Job? the STANDARDS differ for both and thus the price :lol: Trust me, i have traveled as both so i KNOW!

It depends on what your and your friends preferences are. :)
Usually it is us 8 friends who travel together to the Norther areas and we have managed the 4 day tour in 6000-7000 per head as well in our university days when you have to be a bit more careful with your funds :P. It all depends on what your groupd of friends is like, who you are travelling with and what is you age range. By age, actually what matters is if you are a group of care free college students (you can travel cheap and are not really into exploring it all) a bunch of university/hostel fellows who are mostly even closer then brothers (it do not matter if you have spacy rooms, you are used to hostel and have no problem sharing the bed n blanket with ALL those friends, yeah, get them all in there together) or it is a group of office colleagues traveling to get away from the hectic office routine (in that case you look for more peaceful and better planned tour AND everyone needs his own bed, even room in some cases)

As i mentioned, i have traveled as all so i do know :P
It is a separate thing that usually it is the same group of 7-8 friends who were all university/hostel fellows so the jobs and business have not effected us much. :lol:
High school student

not sure.
:D
Well,
frankly, it will remain a plan only. :lol:
Anyway, it wont be too expensive, when you have finalized the plan and if you need any help let me know so i can help whatever way i can.

regards!

Last edited:
Khyber Pakhtukhwa's geographical regions

L74nwqe.jpg

___

Last year, a ‘Wiki Loves Monuments’ photography competition was held in which countries from all over the world took part, including Pakistan. This year, the Wikimedia Foundation has organised a special competition titled “Wiki Loves Earth,” which is aimed at documenting the world’s heritage under the free license of Creative Commons.

To encourage Pakistani photographers to take part in this, a ‘Wikipedia Loves Northern Pakistan’ was organised as part of the global ‘Wiki Loves Earth’, and the entries are stunning.

A total of 1,500 contestants from across Pakistan stepped in and submitted more than 11,000 photographs, making it the country with the fourth largest number of submissions and second largest in number of participants.

As a result, Pakistan ended up taking part in the competition this year, with 10 of its best photographs being featured. The photos consist of breathtaking views and heartwarming sights across the country.

The winners of the contest are yet to be announced. In the meantime, feast your eyes on the top 10 pictures that represent Pakistan:

1-WEB.jpg

Hunza Valley. PHOTO: GHAZI GHULAMRAZA

2-WEB.jpg

Baltoro Glacier, Baltistan. PHOTO: THSULEMANI

3-WEB.jpg

Dudipatsar Lake. PHOTO: HAMZA NIAZI

4-WEB.jpg

Jabba Zomalu Lake, Swat. PHOTO: K. NIGHT. VISITANT

5-WEB.jpg

Nanga Parbat. PHOTO: TAHSIN ANWAR ALI

6-WEB.jpg

Nanga Parbat Rupal base camp. PHOTO: MUHAMMAD ASHAR

7-WEB.jpg

Shangrila Resorts, Skardu. PHOTO: ZAEEM SIDDIQ

8-WEB.jpg

Shogran Valley. PHOTO: DANIAL YAQUB

9-WEB.jpg

Rakaposhi Peak. PHOTO: RIZWAN KARIM

10-WEB.jpg

Shounter Valley. PHOTO: ZAHID GENIO

International annual photographic competition Wiki Loves Earth which start on the 1st May and end on the 31st May 2015.

Banner_WLM_uploadwizard.jpg

THE WORLD'S LARGEST PHOTO CONTEST IN PAKISTAN - SEPTEMBER 1-30, 2016

Participating in Wiki Loves Monuments Pakistan is really easy and straightforward.Register for a Wikipedia account and start uploading the photos.

You can use lists of cultural heritage sites in Pakistan (listed below) to find subjects to photograph. Click the upload button in front of the concerned site on lists and follow the instructions in the upload wizard.

Sindh

Federally Administered Tribal Areas

Karachi

Gilgit-Baltistan

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Balochistan

Punjab

Azad Kashmir

Islamabad Capital Territory

• Photos must be of an eligible listed site. Photos of non-eligible sites will be disqualified.
  • All entries must be original photographs taken by you. Please make sure that you are not uploading someone else’s photos. Contestants as well entries that constitute copyright infringement and fraud will be disqualified.
  • Images with watermarks, copyright symbols and timestamp are not allowed and could disqualify a potential winning entry.
  • There is no limit to how many photos you can enter. We would advise however, that you be selective and only upload your best shots! Upload the photos before the final deadline of 24:00 (PST) on 30th September, 2016.
  • To claim the prizes, the participants must provide the correct email address when creating an account on Wikipedia.
  • Check out our FAQ page for answers to commonly asked questions.

Wiki Loves Competitions in Pakistan
Tool Labs – Tools for Wiki Loves Photo Competitions

Wiki Loves Earth
100px-WLE_Austria_Logo.svg.png

Year Uploads Images used
in the wikis
Uploaders Uploaders registered
after competition start

2015 .....10638 703 (6%)............. 1432 1342 (93%)
2016....... 7390 39 (0%)............... 1098 1024 (93%)

Wiki Loves Monuments
100px-LUSITANA_WLM_2011_d.svg.png

Year Uploads Images used
in the wikis
Uploaders Uploaders registered
after competition start

2014...... 11718 1023 (8%)....... 668 627 (93%)
2015 .......2148 178 (8%)......... 314 276 (87%)
2016 ........234 4 (1%)............... 34 24 (70%)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom