What's new

Widow beaten, house destroyed by Hindu extremists

Icewolf

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KONDAGOAN, India — When Laxmi Sovi, a Christian widow in India’s Chhattisgarh state, heard her door opening one morning in August, she could not have guessed that by the next day she would be hospitalized and her home demolished.

Three Hindu extremists identified only as Veeru, Chaytu and Mangru barged into Sovi’s house in Kakadi Beda village, Kondagoan, at 9:30 a.m. Aug. 24 and demanded that she and her children convert back to Hinduism.*

In spite of threats, she declined and the men left. That night at around 11 p.m., the same Hindu nationalists forced their way into her house. “They asked me why I converted to Christianity and left all the Hindu idols, and they also told me that I should reconvert to Hinduism or else be killed,” Sovi said.

Sovi, who became a Christian in 2009, refused to renounce Christ. The Hindu extremists began beating her and her two children. The children managed to escape and hid in the surrounding jungle, but the men continued to slap, kick and punch Sovi as they insisted she leave Christ.

She also took refuge in the jungle — where she hid for the rest of the night — with a fractured left hand, swelling on her neck and multiple contusions. The next morning, Sovi returned home with area Christian leaders to find her house demolished.*

- See more at: The Alabama Baptist - A Resource for Christian Living

west sponsored Christians missionaries are trying hard to evangelize South and Middle east Asia e.g Pakistan and Afghanistan and now Syria. They use the misfortune - war , poverty to their advantage.

What these Hindu fanatics did was right action, as the Christians used deception to preach and Hindu use violence to coerce them to revert ..

west sponsored Christians missionaries are trying hard to evangelize South and Middle east Asia e.g Pakistan and Afghanistan and now Syria. They use the misfortune - war , poverty to their advantage.

What these Hindu fanatics did was right action, as the Christians used deception to preach and Hindu use violence to coerce them to revert ..

I hope your thinking does not apply to 1.2 billion Indians, otherwise India is definetly screwed.

One look at the International news of The Alabama Baptist and we know what sort of hate this site spews on other religions with news which are covered by only this particular news portal alone in some remote areas across the world - do note it - not just against Hindu religion but against Islam and other religions as well. Either we open a thread for each of the news covered in this news portal and slam each other's religions or ignore the brainwashing this portal attempts.

my thinking does not only apply to India alone it applies to the whole of South Asia and ME Asia FYI not all 1.2 million are Hindus , more then 25 % of the pop is non Hindu

A member of Afghanistan's Parliament has suggested that all those who have converted from Islam to Christianity should be executed, according to Islamic Sharia Law, in order to stop the rapid growth of Christianity among Afghans within and outside the country.

http://www.mohabatnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=7458:afghani-mp-execute-afghan-christian-converts&Itemid=278

Who cares what religion they are. I mean we do not give a flying fuk about that except for some religious nut cases.

show me your god kid
WTF? you can't show me your god? All christians and Islamis, If your god cannot show himself to me, then why should i change my religion to my religion what i know from birth?

Looks like all Christians and Islamis have gone into a discussion, co they got no answer! Show me your GOD AND I BELIEVE THEY EXIST!

You can bring on your best priests and scholars to answer my question!

firstly, the article is totally BS. Show me an article where this incident was covered in any mainstream media !

KONDAGOAN, India — When Laxmi Sovi, a Christian widow in India’s Chhattisgarh state, heard her door opening one morning in August, she could not have guessed that by the next day she would be hospitalized and her home demolished.

Three Hindu extremists identified only as Veeru, Chaytu and Mangru barged into Sovi’s house in Kakadi Beda village, Kondagoan, at 9:30 a.m. Aug. 24 and demanded that she and her children convert back to Hinduism.*

In spite of threats, she declined and the men left. That night at around 11 p.m., the same Hindu nationalists forced their way into her house. “They asked me why I converted to Christianity and left all the Hindu idols, and they also told me that I should reconvert to Hinduism or else be killed,” Sovi said.

Sovi, who became a Christian in 2009, refused to renounce Christ. The Hindu extremists began beating her and her two children. The children managed to escape and hid in the surrounding jungle, but the men continued to slap, kick and punch Sovi as they insisted she leave Christ.

She also took refuge in the jungle — where she hid for the rest of the night — with a fractured left hand, swelling on her neck and multiple contusions. The next morning, Sovi returned home with area Christian leaders to find her house demolished.*

- See more at: The Alabama Baptist - A Resource for Christian Living

Shame on India !!!

i don't understand this hue n cry over conversion(into any religion) it is a matter of personal choice and no one should have any problem with it unless he or she is being forced into it, at the end of day all that matters is you respect and love ur fellow human and every religion preaches that!

christians and muslims need to be killed in droves ! THen only a hindu reaches a jannat :woot:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom