What's new

why would you leave west for India

The rich and influential are buying insurance in the form of a Western citizenship and a backup plan, but they are not relinquishing their assets in Pakistan.

Who in their right mind would go to the West where you have to clean your own toilet, vacuum your carpet, cook your own food and do all the chores yourself? Ammi ka ladla is up to his elbow in cooking grease, cleaning the pans at McDonalds for minimum wage!

Instead, in Pakistan, you can have ten servants to cook, clean, drive, babysit and do everything for you. Seth sahab wakes up at 1030, saunters into the shop by 1130 which was already opened by a servant, socializes for a few hours, and then goes off to the country club or other social event in the evening until late in the night.

You think he is going to give that up ... for what?

heheheheh thats why i would like to sell burgers in Pakistan but wont do the dishing abroad since i can have servants even if i sell burgers or for that matter aaaaaanday in lahore

I have to say, I have never seen more 'nationalistic' crowd as Indians are. You go anywhere in the world, you will find Indians and with them the unique culture.

Indians while adopting to the western culture never forget that deep down they are 'Indians'. My elder brother, while working at Google in US feel in love with one of his colleagues has to take approval of my parents to marry and consequently a huge drama followed. And all this happened in spite of my brother being very successful and earned lot of money for his age.

I guess the cultural pull with increased opportunities in India is what pulling Indian expats to India

i would say even if 10% of those who return stay here permanently n stablish themselves then also its a good start n as the economy grows more will follow in due course.....:cheers:

i would say even if 10% of those who return stay here permanently n stablish themselves then also its a good start n as the economy grows more will follow in due course.....:cheers:

It is not a good thing to targets like 10%. Let Indians come on their own. Indians everywhere are contribution towards India's growth in one way or other. Ex: Since Indra Nooyi became the CEO of Pepsi, the investments in India (both commercial and social) by Pepsi have increased significantly.

It is not a good thing to targets like 10%. Let Indians come on their own. Indians everywhere are contribution towards India's growth in one way or other. Ex: Since Indra Nooyi became the CEO of Pepsi, the investments in India (both commercial and social) have increased significantly.

I wasn't making any targets nor i have any authority to do so...:crazy:

I was just suggesting that ''EVEN IF 10% OF THOSE RETURN DECIDE TO PERMANENTLY SETTLE IN INDIA IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR OUR ECONOMY''
As they will bring their knowledge n resources with them n use their skills for the betterment of their nation.

But its solely upto these individuals themselves to decide whether they wanna stay here or not but if they choose to stay their experience n skill will help our nation

Hope i have made myself clear....

I wasn't making any targets nor i have any authority to do so...:crazy:

I was just suggesting that ''EVEN IF 10% OF THOSE RETURN DECIDE TO PERMANENTLY SETTLE IN INDIA IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR OUR ECONOMY''
As they will bring their knowledge n resources with them n use their skills for the betterment of their nation.

But its solely upto these individuals themselves to decide whether they wanna stay here or not but if they choose to stay their experience n skill will help our nation

Hope i have made myself clear....

:lol: Within a decade, you will see more than 20% of expats coming back. Brace yourself for the influx

I have many friends who are both white and of Indian origin who have gone to India after completing degrees here in UK. All of them say it was the best decision they ever made! They love the culture, the acceptance from most Indians and the opportunities. My white friend who was very um, lose (?), in her younger years has even found religion in the form of Sikhism out there and says she never wants to return to the UK! I'm sure not everyone will feel the same but it has to be said as India grows and develops it is going to be ever more attrative to outsiders.

These are opportunistic people who will go wherever the moolah is . Simple as that . I may be included in the same category .

Exceptions may be there .

There is nothing better than mother land, you are attracted to its soil, food, culture and pretty much everything. (i'm home sick now :P) :pakistan:

Many expats are indeed coming here. Infact many foreigners are also coming for work.

But once they land and start living, that life is much tougher than what they read or heard and thought they could handle.

Those who eventually are able to cope up stay, those who cannot go back. You cannot blame or fault those who go back either. Thats ok.

The Indian diaspora play a very important role, and its important that India has influential people in other countries. More so than people imagine.

That said, it is becoming easier as facilities are improving in many areas like Delhi, B'lore, Mumbai but lawlessness and connections remain as important to live as they were 20 years back in States like UP, etc!

Many of my friends who took up U.S citizenship have gone back to India either for family reasons like old parents or for better lifestyle(due to the purchasing power their salary would offer in India). Many of us have been investing in India in real estate or in green energy and couple of them have become agriculturists and one of them a part-time chicken farmer. And people like me would like to take up early retirement and retire in India to savor the culture and nurture the family ties.

if my rights are protected i can live in poverty here in my country

I really dont know you, what you've done so far with your life but poverty is much much nastier in real life then you make it sound in your post.
Ive had my half a year experience after my parents cut me off in college.....and it's not nice, i can tell you, though it is true, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger and more able to cope with anything life throws at you.

idk how this is sorted in India or Pakistan, but i had to go in the public soup kitchen for like a month, lived at my friends' appartment until i got my first paycheck as a waiter.
that was 6 months with a month and half of real poverty- no money, slept at homeless shelter, bleak prospects for the future. The bums were making fun of me every morning when i washed to go to the job i barely got :\

Your posts in this thread also indicate that you are a fighter, and i assure you you will need every ounce of that fighting spirit once you hit rock bottom.

@ all: sry for offtopic

Back
Top Bottom