What's new

why would you leave west for India

Big problem.. she will not find it easy to enter india because her parents are pakistani.

btw, non are pvt investors.. the people i know are not such big shots

So just because her parents are pakistani she would find it hard to be granted an Indian citizenship even though she's technically an American?

the real test is if they are willing to give up citizenship and Green card and willing to sever ties permanently with US. No. they wont do that.

100% correct.

Indians (and Pakistanis) only go back after they have their insurance in the form of a Western citizenship.

Thats because we have centuries old ancient culture, rituals, languages & cultural values which WEST world lacks.

If she surrenders her Pakistani citizenship & apply with her american identity to indian embassy I dont think she will have any problems. Even if she has good academic records or certain excellence in art/science stuff she can easily get into india even with her Pakistani identity.

Hi Miss.... baryaach diwas nantar. Nice to see you
hi, yeah its been a while, vanwaas la geyli.

100% correct.

Indians (and Pakistanis) only go back after they have their insurance in the form of a Western citizenship.

if at any point of my life i would go for western citizenship it would only be due to reason that i may find my rights protected there but NOT for monetary reasons.

if my rights are protected i can live in poverty here in my country

So just because her parents are pakistani she would find it hard to be granted an Indian citizenship even though she's technically an American?

yes thats true. and I agree with that small pinprick for india's safety.

forget indian citizenship, getting a visa will be a pain.

if at any point of my life i would go for western citizenship it would only be due to reason that i may find my rights protected there but NOT for monetary reasons.

for a rich person, saying that is no big deal

The "monetary reasons" are a lot more complicated and the same reason why many reverse migrants return to the West.

Western society is much more meritocratic than is South Asian society, where you need to know the "right people" to get just about anything done. It may be "business as usual" but it drains one's soul to have to resort to this crap. Also, if one doesn't have all the right connections, that's reason enough to leave the country in the first place.

The "monetary reasons" are a lot more complicated and the same reason why many reverse migrants return to the West.

Western society is much more meritocratic than is South Asian society, where you need to know the "right people" to get just about anything done. It may be "business as usual" but it drains one's soul to have to resort to this crap. Also, if one doesn't have all the right connections, that's reason enough to leave the country in the first place.

Very right but again most of those moving out are the ones who have many connections

I am patriotic and all that. But I have always wanted to move to the US. A couple of things why I move from India to the US is:

1. A more liberal culture - frankly am not in favor of Indian conservatism. But that is just me
2. Increased career opportunities
3. A better standard of living and more money.

Unless India can fix its social issues, improve infrastructure and create more opportunities for its citizens turning India into a modern nation I dont foresee emmigration stopping. But that said, people indeed move back to India and even I plan to move back to India later on in life. India presents great opportunities, but still is embroiled in a lot of bureaucracy and red tape, that makes it much easier to do business in the US. This is where Singapore, Hong Kong etc are much different.

Hmm.. must have been private investors.

I forgot to mention my fiance who is an American citizen as well who has been supportive enough to even go for an Indian citizenship. However she is of pakistani background her parents still hold citizenship in pakistan. Would that be a problem? Or would it not matter as she is an American citizen?

She won't face any issues since she is an American Citizen. I personally know people originally having pakistani passports have been living in Mumbai without major issues and even have Indian citizenship after marriage since their name is now in the ration cards. Most of the issues are at the start but are sorted out relatively easily.

Very right but again most of those moving out are the ones who have many connections

The rich and influential are buying insurance in the form of a Western citizenship and a backup plan, but they are not relinquishing their assets in Pakistan.

Who in their right mind would go to the West where you have to clean your own toilet, vacuum your carpet, cook your own food and do all the chores yourself? Ammi ka ladla is up to his elbow in cooking grease, cleaning the pans at McDonalds for minimum wage!

Instead, in Pakistan, you can have ten servants to cook, clean, drive, babysit and do everything for you. Seth sahab wakes up at 1030, saunters into the shop by 1130 which was already opened by a servant, socializes for a few hours, and then goes off to the country club or other social event in the evening until late in the night.

You think he is going to give that up ... for what?

Back
Top Bottom