What's new

Why would Greek civilization be considered Western and Iranian civilization

Persia never conquered Greece. Its the Turks that conquered the eastern Roman empire, which was Greek.

However, the Macedonians, which is a marginal Greek kingdom, did completely conquered the Persians. They even overthrew some Indian kingdoms.

Depends on who you ask , many whites in north America accept Persians as white (westerner)

Iranians are most certainly white people. They are the cousins of "Aryans" in Indian history that invaded Indian subcontinent, created Hinduism and caste system that attempted to separate its own people from the Australoid native people of India.

Persia never conquered Greece. Its the Turks that conquered the eastern Roman empire, which was Greek.

the objective of that war was not to conquer Greece , it was to **** up Greece , and then leave , that says a thing about Persians back then and about ottoman turks too , Persians cared about Greece as much as contemporary USA cares about Afghanistan , ottomans turks on the other hand were in love with all the Christian tales of greek Byzantium...

However, the Macedonians, which is a marginal Greek kingdom, did completely conquered the Persians. They even overthrew some Indian kingdoms.

No one knows if they really did , it could all be fairy tale just aswell

Iranians are most certainly white people. They are the cousins of "Aryans" in Indian history that invaded Indian subcontinent, created Hinduism and caste system that attempted to separate its own people from the Australoid native people of India.

again depends on who you ask in the west , a horny college student has a different opinion than a neo-Nazi militia member ; even them , the neo-nazis , are often too soft on Persians , they say they're not white but they rarely show any hostility...

Ancient science was far less complex than modern science. Very basic.

This is scientific relativism, and incorrect. Ancient science was quite complex, even if the use of computers and other scientific tools were non-present. Some could even argue that the lack of such tools made it even more complex. The fact that for instance ancient calendars were extremely accurate is a example of this. The fact that even today scientists would find it difficult to recreate the Pyramids in Egypt, with the same tools as the ancient Egyptians had, is another example.

Persia never conquered Greece.

Persians did conquer parts of Greece, and even demolished Athene to the ground once.

Why would Iranian civilization be considered 'Western'? :undecided:

Also, 'Western' is a pretty lame term. If anything, Rome and Greece were Mediterranean civilizations that derived their intellectual and cultural legacy from Middle-Eastern civilizations (Egyptians, Babylonians, Phoenicians etc) and later gave this culture to the savage barbarians of what you call the "west"...

Europe was nothing more than bunch of wild tribes moving throughout the continent...

Maybe they are considered Western because their descendants proudly consider themselves Westerners?

Because they are of European descent, and share the same genetic and ancestral lineages as other Europeans?

Because they share the same linguistic ancestry, and today cultural and traditional ancestry as well?

Rome and Greece are obviously the centers of Western Civilization, and Iranian Civilization was descended from where exactly? You tell me if you're smart enough to know, because I certainly do.

Whites claim everything. They call themselves Aryan, they claim Roman and Greece history (people who they didn't consider white until 1950s), they deny everyone else's history. The fact they are so powerful is a historical aberration, but they say " every dog has it's day". One of them here said he had more right to claim classical Indian history than I did and Buddha was blue eyed and had blonde hair.

What was the eye color of Buddha again? I forgot... could you remind me again?

The Digha Nikaya, in the "Discourse of the Marks" (Pali: Lakkhaṇa Sutta) (DN 30) enumerates and explains the 32 characteristics:

29. Eyes deep blue

Maybe they are considered Western because their descendants proudly consider themselves Westerners?

Because they are of European descent, and share the same genetic and ancestral lineages as other Europeans?

Because they share the same linguistic ancestry, and today cultural and traditional ancestry as well?

Rome and Greece are obviously the centers of Western Civilization, and Iranian Civilization was descended from where exactly? You tell me if you're smart enough to know, because I certainly do.

Roman and Greek civilizations were not Western civilizations, but Roman and Greek civilizations. In fact, the Romans and Greeks considered the Germanic people and the Gausls to be barbaric northerners, with no sense of civilizations nor anything to have in common with them. Of course, that all changed much later due to the Romanization of Europe and the introduction of Christianity, but before that, not so much. The average Greek and Persian probably looked more like each other than the average Greek and German.

Egypt is in Africa, not Asia. East lol.
Ancient Egypt is claimed by black Africans.

Egypt never see/saw itself as a part of "black Africa" .....They were a Mediterranean civilization.

PS, Egypt wasn't the only one to influence West...

This is scientific relativism, and incorrect. Ancient science was quite complex, even if the use of computers and other scientific tools were non-present. Some could even argue that the lack of such tools made it even more complex. The fact that for instance ancient calendars were extremely accurate is a example of this. The fact that even today scientists would find it difficult to recreate the Pyramids in Egypt, with the same tools as the ancient Egyptians had, is another example.

Persians did conquer parts of Greece, and even demolished Athene to the ground once.

But Persians were later defeated. On the other hand, did Alexander partially conquered Persia or completely conquered Persia? Did Alexander partially conquered India sucontinent or did he completely conquered India subcontinent? One of them is partial and another is a complete conquest. Tell me which one is which.

Industrialization btw, was the real game changer which gave Europe an edge - and it did not occur in Greece. Both the Italians and Greeks have been pretty dormant in recent centuries compared to their neighbors.
pakistani defence is a best....

Rome and Greece were Mediterranean Civilizations, which derived their civilization from Middle-Eastern Civilizations and other Mediterranean civilizations. The "westerners" were regarded as culture-less, barbaric savages...until these civilizations passed on their culture, which again was derived from East, to the rest of the Western World....and hence introducing them with some "real" culture and civilization.

These are facts. Go cry somewhere else. What their not-so-bright 'descendants' consider means zilch.

But Persians were later defeated. On the other hand, did Alexander partially conquered Persia or completely conquered Persia? Did Alexander partially conquered India sucontinent or did he completely conquered India subcontinent? One of them is partial and another is a complete conquest. Tell me which one is which.

Who cares? Persians were defeated because they became weak after two centuries of controlling the region. Before that, the Persians defeated the Greeks of Anatolia and demolished Athene.

Roman and Greek civilizations were not Western civilizations, but Roman and Greek civilizations. In fact, the Romans and Greeks considered the Germanic people and the Gausls to be barbaric northerners, with no sense of civilizations nor anything to have in common with them. Of course, that all changed much later due to the Romanization of Europe and the introduction of Christianity, but before that, not so much. The average Greek and Persian probably looked more like each other than the average Greek and German.

If you are trying to say that Greeks looked Middle-Eastern, you've lost all validity. If you're saying that the original Iranians migrated from Eastern Europe, then that proves nothing in regards to the relatedness of Greeks and Germans, which would have been no different from today.

Who cares? Persians were defeated because they became weak after two centuries of controlling the region. Before that, the Persians defeated the Greeks of Anatolia and demolished Athene.

Actually, its the ambition of Alexander the Great that conquered Persia. Persia was weaken but it was still much bigger and stronger than Alexander. And Persia never completely defeated the Greeks. But Greeks completely defeated Persia. And the Selucid empire completely control Persia for a long time. That should also be consider as part of Greek domination of Persia.

If you are trying to say that Greeks looked Middle-Eastern, you've lost all validity. If you're saying that the original Iranians migrated from Eastern Europe, then that proves nothing in regards to the relatedness of Greeks and Germans, which would have been no different from today.

I did not speak about morphology (how people back then looked like). What I tried to say was that the Persians and Greeks looked more like each other, in terms of civilization, than the Greeks and the Germanic people did.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom