What's new

Why Vietnam Will Be the Next Nuclear State

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly disagree with OP, Vietnam neither has monetary resources nor technical expertise to pursue nuclear weapons program.

Its chances of getting nuke from other nuclear power(s) are also thin.

If Vietnam has right to own nuclear weapon. No country in the world should be limited to develop it.
China should bomb their nuclear facilities before everything is too late, just like Israel did to Iran.

Iraq..................

2013: On 24-25 April, Brunei Darussalam hosted the 22nd ASEAN Summit. The Chairman’s Statement reaffirmed ASEAN’s commitment to preserving Southeast Asia as a NWFZ and looked forward to signing the SEANWFZ and the extension of the Plan of Action to Strengthen the Implementation of the Treaty on the SEANWFZ for another five years (2013-2017).

On 9 October, ASEAN’s annual meeting will begin. U.S. President Obama will not be attending due to the U.S. Government shutdown. The most crucial debate will be how to negotiated current disputes between certain ASEAN countries and China over territory in the South China Sea.

yes, kids should not play guns which are supposed to be handled by adult.

I strongly disagree with OP, Vietnam neither has monetary resources nor technical expertise to pursue nuclear weapons program.

Its chances of getting nuke from other nuclear power(s) are also thin.

Iraq..................

2013: On 24-25 April, Brunei Darussalam hosted the 22nd ASEAN Summit. The Chairman’s Statement reaffirmed ASEAN’s commitment to preserving Southeast Asia as a NWFZ and looked forward to signing the SEANWFZ and the extension of the Plan of Action to Strengthen the Implementation of the Treaty on the SEANWFZ for another five years (2013-2017).

On 9 October, ASEAN’s annual meeting will begin. U.S. President Obama will not be attending due to the U.S. Government shutdown. The most crucial debate will be how to negotiated current disputes between certain ASEAN countries and China over territory in the South China Sea.

Don't worry, I don't think Vietnam's leaders today choose this way (building nuke).

thu-tuong-1-f1133.jpg

Officially, Vietnam never plan to be nuclear weapon owner.
But as in 123 agreement, leave the right to enrich Uranium to Vietnam.

So in paper, Vietnam could develop nuke in secret ( away from newspaper only ).
I myself, believe that if the regional situation in peaceful way, there's no reason for Vietnam to develop nukes.

But, ...

with so poor an industry, viet nam can do nothing on nuke plan except for the big mouth of this forum.
before considering your nuke plan, learn to produce bulb well at first.

I myself, believe that if the regional situation in peaceful way, there's no reason for Vietnam to develop nukes.

But, ...

with so poor an industry, viet nam can do nothing on nuke plan except for the big mouth of this forum.

1. as my previous posting : no nuke weapon plan
2. what do you know about 123 agreement ? allowing to transfer nuclear materials, equipments and technology.
3. boeing parts was made in Vietnam,

If you build nuke, you will be bomb. It is that simple.

But, ...
Actually, it is an agreement for peaceful nuclear cooperation between Vietnam and US. It prohibits Vietnam from enriching or reprocessing plutonium or uranium. So you won't make any nuclear weapons at all.
Hm, I think that's fine.

That didn't stop the primitive economy of North Korea.

If you build nuke, you will be bomb. It is that simple.

Did you bomb North Korea?

If Vietnam doesn't build nuke, she will be safe, if Vietnam does, it's like committing suicide. China will have more excuse to oppress you guys. Not even to mention the nuke is not allowed considering Vietnam's industrial base. Vietnam is 穷兵黩武,Vietnam intentionally forfeited the right to Asia Game and other peaceful activities, but rather to build nukes, Vietnam will be condemned by the international society.

Are you certain? China has done a masterful job protecting Iran's incipient nuclear weapons program in the Security Council. Nothing (certainly not China) stopped North Korea from developing a nuclear weapon, or, for that matter, Pakistan and India.

China doesn't want Iran to attain Nuclear Weapons however Iran is vital to China, as a Oil supplier and somewhat a strategic partner so we would protect them. Also true about N.Korea however we have a defense agreement with them. We supplied Pakistan with some Nuclear Technology as we had good relations with them and now strategic partners there wasn't any need to stop them. NPT would be a piece of paper if this happened and it's unlikely to happen.

Who gives you the right to bomb Vietnam?
Do you assume we will not retaliate?

You would Violate the NPT if you did, Israel bombed the Syrian and Iraqi reactors both which had a more powerful military than Vietnam yet neither retaliated. Even Iran in case of getting attacked has a limited retaliation plan Ballistic Missiles and Hezbollah but can only last for so long. At the end of the day Vietnam doesn't have the technology nor will it get nuclear weapons, the article is somewhat an exaggeration.

Last edited:
China doesn't want Iran to attain Nuclear Weapons however Iran is vital to China, as a Oil supplier and somewhat a strategic partner so we would protect them. Also true about N.Korea however we have a defense agreement with them. We supplied Pakistan with some Nuclear Technology as we had good relations with them and now strategic partners there wasn't any need to stop them. NPT would be a piece of paper if this happened and it's unlikely to happen.

Isn't NPT already a piece of paper, though? North Korea signed, got nuclear technology and uranium supplies, developed a nuclear weapon, and then withdrew from the NPT. Iran signed the NPT, got nuclear technology and uranium supplies, and it's almost certain to develop a nuclear weapon. This is all thanks to Russia and China.

A lot of Chinese users here express outrage at the possibility of Vietnam developing nuclear weapons, but these same Chinese users seem remarkably forgiving about North Korea and Iran, and China's role in protecting these two regimes. It's fairly clear to outside observers that China would therefore not bomb Vietnam if it developed nuclear weapons, especially because of the message that would send to all of China's other neighbors.

As far as supplying Pakistan with nuclear technology, Pakistan has sold nuclear technology to several other states. Pakistan may not be a signatory of the NPT, but China is. One of the key pillars of the NPT is non-profileration, but China didn't stop Pakistan from proliferating the technology.

In short, hasn't China greatly undermined the NPT? Why should China complain if Vietnam now violates the NPT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom