What's new

Why Vietnam Will Be the Next Nuclear State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally bad idea! No my Vietnamese friends, nukes aren't used over small disputes, or oil rigs for that matter. Only established nuclear powers understand this. Nukes are only used as a last option, and so they won't help you one bit in a SCS dispute. You don't just launch a nuke coz your ship is damaged by someone. Nor does it stop anyone from having small skirmishes with you, just coz you have a nuke.

India's cold start doctrine is based on the same fact. Look it up. The simple fundamental principle behind it is that even though a full-fledged war might not take place between Pakistan and India, because both of them are nuclear powers, a limited air-strike, or a localised quick low-intensity conflict won't allow any excuse for a nuclear retaliation.

Consider a nuke as a pistol. You have a pistol. Now if a person XYZ comes and slaps you, you can't kill him just bcoz he slapped you. That reason is not enough. So nukes only deter existential threats. If China wants to invade and occupy vietnam forever, a nuke will help you, otherwise it won't. For that you need strong conventional forces.

Did the Op even read this article?

It basically says how fcuked the situation is for Vietnam and building the bomb is really a desperate last measure that will ostracize Vietnam from the international community.

There is no win for Vietnam in this, the situation is hopelessly in the favor of China.

Did the Op even read this article?

It basically says how fcuked the situation is for Vietnam and building the bomb is really a desperate last measure that will ostracize Vietnam from the international community.

There is no win for Vietnam in this, the situation is hopelessly in the favor of China.
True. All due to very bad foreign policy.

If vietnam has to protect freedom of vietnamese people from bullying neighbourhood, it needs nukes

Nuclear power plants == Nuke Weapons :rofl::rofl::rofl:
It means ur guys have a little knowledge to understand what's a nuke .
Thats the first step, and bcz only US can monitor our nuke plants, so no one (including China) will know exactly what we r doing inside nuke plants except US :pop:

If vietnam has to protect freedom of vietnamese people from bullying neighbourhood, it needs nukes
Right, nuclear VN will stop all China's ambitious , and we also cut off the connection between China and Chinese living among ASEAN to weaken China.

Nuclear VN is good for all except bad boy China :cheers:

I believe Vietnam should build nuclear weapons if it needs to defend itself. Not like its going to start dropping nukes on China seas for the heck of it, but it would ensure that China or any power thinks twice bfore invading vietnam.

If Pakistan can afford it, Vietnam definitely can.

Vietnam building the bomb is the best move and worst move.

For one thing, it would turn the China Vietnam conflict from a political one into a military one. That's bad.

Good part is for China. Full economic sanction from the world, ability to call an international group to get involved and start condemning the bomb. Ability to call in a group of countries to go into Vietnam if the program is not stopped.

Not sure if you know, nuclear proliferation is a highly sensitive topic. All these things not only are possible, but half will be headed by the US.

However, that is not ideal. Vietnam and China should eventually work something out, I believe that is in the pipelines, the political situation is not suitable at this moment, but soon it will be.

Going nuclear. Vietnam is not that stupid. Philippines might be, but they don't even have fighter jets, so that's not really an option.

Totally bad idea! No my Vietnamese friends, nukes aren't used over small disputes, or oil rigs for that matter. Only established nuclear powers understand this. Nukes are only used as a last option, and so they won't help you one bit in a SCS dispute. You don't just launch a nuke coz your ship is damaged by someone. Nor does it stop anyone from having small skirmishes with you, just coz you have a nuke.

India's cold start doctrine is based on the same fact. Look it up. The simple fundamental principle behind it is that even though a full-fledged war might not take place between Pakistan and India, because both of them are nuclear powers, a limited air-strike, or a localised quick low-intensity conflict won't allow any excuse for a nuclear retaliation.

Consider a nuke as a pistol. You have a pistol. Now if a person XYZ comes and slaps you, you can't kill him just bcoz he slapped you. That reason is not enough. So nukes only deter existential threats. If China wants to invade and occupy vietnam forever, a nuke will help you, otherwise it won't. For that you need strong conventional forces.
Of course nuke will only a deterrent against nuke threat from China, just like ur country Pakistan use nuke to stop the threat from India .

Unlikely to happen Vietnam doesn't have technological capability now, NPT would be a piece of paper then. Vietnam would be sanctioned by both US and China it's no Iran, not to mention the waves of tactics deployed Cyber attacks, Sabotage,or destroying the Nuclear Sites, Like I've said it's no Iran and Iran's already been crippled by sanctions. We can always dream can't we ?

Last edited:
why not ? Nuks can Stop Wars and if PAkistan make Ncks than i am sure Vietnam can make it too.

The dream is nice. Just like the previous ones, Vietnam will take business away from China, Vietnam will sink Chinese oil rig, Vietnam will be a naval power, Vietnam will be a land power, Vietnam will...etc.

hmmm......As much as i admire Vietnam/vietnamese for thier courage,determination, hard working, sense of independence and self sufficency. I must say building a nuclear bomb will be the biggest mistake Vietnam can make. It will lead to sanctions by the international community(yes even the U.S will join) and isolation for vietnam(kind of like north korea situation). Im sure Vietnam doesnt want to go back to live in isolation. since this will all but eliminate all the progress that Vietnam has achieved all these decades. Its not worth it one bit. Even in case of provocation/agressiveness by Chiina, nobody will support Vietnam . So there is almost nothing to gain from this, but everything to loose. Moreover building a nuclear weapon takes alot of cash,know how, tech and time. Vietnam will be sanctioned even before it completes it(like Iran is/was)
I think Vietnam should continue Building her conventional military power and seek more partners in ASEAN and ally with the west/U.S . This will be better than alienating all these countries who otherwise will have helped Vietnam against China.

Anyway, Vietnam won't ever build a nuclear bomb, they have more pressing issues/priorities the country needs to tackle. The person who wrote this article is just doing wishful thinking or he wants to harm Vietnams image/progress. its a silly suggestion.
Vietnam should keep focusing on its economy and sovereignty. Cheers to my Vietnamese friends.:cheers:

Last edited:
Unlikely to happen Vietnam doesn't have technological capability now, NPT would be a piece of paper then. Vietnam would be sanctioned by both US and China it's no Iran, not to mention the waves of tactics deployed Cyber attacks, Sabotage,or destroying the Nuclear Sites, Like I've said it's no Iran and Iran's already been crippled by sanctions. We can always dream can't we ?

Are you certain? China has done a masterful job protecting Iran's incipient nuclear weapons program in the Security Council. Nothing (certainly not China) stopped North Korea from developing a nuclear weapon, or, for that matter, Pakistan and India.

Hell NO!!! ASEAN is Nuclear-Weapon-Free Zone. And we'll keep that way.
Don't get involved in the circle of satan, buddy..

:suicide2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom