What's new

Why No Nishan-e-Haider in the Whole War on Terror?

Side-Winder

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Just curious and for the sake of discussion opening this thread up. We have lost more than 7,000 security personnel during the war on terror post 9/11. Why has there been not a single Nishan-e-Haider awarded during the whole time? What is it? Is the bravery element lacking or have we reserved the medal only for soldiers fighting India?

I am the biggest fan of Pakistan army but i also donot like it's medal distributing system in the past.
Many units or soldiers were not awarded when they deserved it. I think governmnet and army are little bit of kanjoos in this regard.

Actually I have pondered this question as well. This war has been more devastating and longer than any war we have fought with India. The stories if bravery are no less and the terrorists ( who used methods unheard of and dishonorable in nature) were nobody to be taken lightly. Many many stories are there which are of bravery and ferocity against multiple terrorists. We need to recognize their stories and heroics of every aspect of war on terror and yes I count those fighting against the baluch militants as well.

Maybe you are right. Maybe it's reserved for India only.

Its time the government and military start taking this seriously and hand out such honors more regularly. It highlights recognition if sacrifices.

It is sensible not to give NH for operations inside the country against our own misguided country men to prevent ethnic strife.

The highest award for IS (internal security) duty is SBT (Satara e basalat).
That is what this fight against terror is, fighting n clearing our lands from terrorists who are 99% Pakistani

Nishan e haider is the highest order we have, we cant dish it out while fighting internal threats, doesnt bode well for army to public relations, although the top leadership of this ttp bla nexus was pure kaffir echelon working for raw/cia/mosad but a lot of fighters they used were our own country men, brainwashed using sophisticated psychiatric techs including opium, sowe cant dish out nishan e haider for killing our own rogue country men, its unethical, half the fault lies with us for not anticipating our exposed flank om the afghan border, the populations of fata and waziristan were left to the mercy of these kharji dogs and they did whatever the wanted to force locals to join their ranks, every day the yoke of death hovered above them, their fathers, brothers and sons those who opposed the kharjis were beheaded in chowks, we have no idea what hell these kharjis created for waziristan people and how they got young innocent boys to join their ranks, bottom line is we had to kill a lot of our own country men in this war, its not something that can be celebrated, the only positive thing we can derive out of this war on terror is that never again shall we leave any part of our international border exposed and open to infiltration, never again will we abandon and leave large parts of our tribal populations without development and prosperity, never again will we let every tom dick n harry sit in alocal masjid and misguudr our youth, never again will we let the infidels destroy and perversify our beautiful islam, this war on terror was more of a hard lesson taught to us by Allah rather than a victory, we must bring every inch of our country into the mainstream, we must build university's, schools and hospitals in waziristan we must build roads highways, we must provide employment to the local populations or i promise u this scenario will happen again,not for as long as we are on the gaurd, but when we grow comfortable the enemy will strike again unless we bring the local populations in to the main stream..

Last edited:
Medals have been awarded in the past based on contrived stories or nepotism- evem today this practice continues.

Others were made into super humans for morale boosting.

Many who really did deserve recognition and medals were ignored due to personal reasons or professional jealousy

Well I think they should certainly reward the folks with another designation , in case Nishan-e-Haider is reserved for Military conflict.

War of Terror is slightly different but still quite prominent and danger is quite real.
Certainly deserves recognition specially if the Units / Groups successfully debunked active Terror groups.

But I also understand the secrecy from active war prespective , as the Anti Terror ops are still going on. From privacy the silence does makes sense , untill operations fully finalize. The disclosure of who attained it can be disclosed at safer time

Yup...strange..My guess is that a lot of stakeholders are involved in this fight and awarding the NH to one stakeholder say army, may cause some sorta tension among the others as it might mean that their contribution, though essential, was not that great. Hence, everyone played safe and kept it to SBT.

Medals have been awarded in the past based on contrived stories or nepotism- evem today this practice continues.

Others were made into super humans for morale boosting.

Many who really did deserve recognition and medals were ignored due to personal reasons or professional jealousy
During the early part of the operations, they refused to permit casualties to receive wound badges.

During the early part of the operations, they refused to permit casualties to receive wound badges.
A lot of decisions were taken by supposed experienced and qualified generals that bordered on criminal.

Sending men in without armour, marching into ambushes... rumor has it one two star ordered an entire unit into a kill zone without even having proper weapons and ammunition.

These men were then promptly awarded with plots and given further positions from where to continue their profiteering

It was Musharraf, late era when he only promoted "Yes men". It was Tariq Khan who broke the mold in 2007-2008. Abandoning American "experts advice", ensuring proper logistics and fire support. And judicious use of airpower. Him and late General Javed Sultan, whose death in a helicopter crash probably set us back 3 years.

It was Musharraf, late era when he only promoted "Yes men". It was Tariq Khan who broke the mold in 2007-2008. Abandoning American "experts advice", ensuring proper logistics and fire support. And judicious use of airpower. Him and late General Javed Sultan, whose death in a helicopter crash probably set us back 3 years.
Yes men continue to be promoted- just depends on the personality at the top in terms of percentage

Back
Top Bottom