What's new

Why No F-16 With Kill Markings

And there are also AAM-4 from Japan with an AESA, Meteor is also in the category of AMRAAM sir

I was merely giving some examples of Advice Medium Range Air to Air Missiles other than the well-known AIM-120 series.

Why you had to do this? You just spoiled the whole fun :-)

There is fun to be had in fact ................. and similar some such. :D

Last edited:
So what about the R-77 or the PL-12? Those are AMRAAMs too.
AMRAAM sir...is a name.

The name/title is owned/copyrighted by Raytheon.

The R-77 & PL-12 are both similar to the Aim-120 (AMRAAM), but neither can be labelled as such.

Hope this clears up any confusion
Raytheon.jpg

Janab theek hy apne aik do dfa @Windjammer ki mistakes point out ki hain and I have done the same few times but it doesn't mean he's always wrong.You are now trying to prove his every post wrong and in doing so you yourself are posting some false information just to prove your point.Kindly dont do this,you are a credible member and this doesn't suit you.

I was the first one to post this uav marking picture here on PDF and got bashed for it that its Photoshopped but later it was proved not to be PS.

Nobody here is always 100% correct.Not me, not you or anyother member here on PDF.Even Paf serving personnel are proved to be wrong sometimes or maybe they provide wrong information on purpose idk.Point being not everyone is perfect and all knowing except the Creator.
peared with kill markings and even in the case of this display JF17 so I dont think seeing kill markings so early is possible and that's PAF we are talking about.

@Hodor

Thank you for your post.

I agree with the spirit of your post. No one is all knowing. And cannot be.

However, i consider myself to be someone who is a learner and I always concede if I'm ever in doubt. Unlike many here, who challenge the opposing view with stubbornness and make it a matter of credibility when it should not be.

The post in question here is a cosmetic decal applied to a one lone aircraft. Interestingly I think there are currently 3 jets flying in the same colour scheme. One of which i've seen up close multiple times at Kamra. It didnt have this decal until about 3 months ago. Hence my bad. Post #10 is loud and clear.

There are reasons why I'm keeping a close watch on a few members for their posts. The post regarding a female Y-12 operator taking part in Swift Retort has not been received well by some. Not many including authorities are happy about it. These sort of posts are counterproductive and have a negative impact on the subject/individual as well as on the institution they represent.

On several forums, it was implied that Pakistan is trying to match Indian female ATC controller by manufacturing such news.

Misinformation is one thing. Not admitting it is another. The latter is the worst case scenario.

You guys can arm a thunder with AMRAAM for all I or anyone cares. Let us be careful and responsible with non-public information. I do not want to say anything further. The message should be enough for the concerned.

AMRAAM sir...is a name.

The name/title is owned/copyrighted by Raytheon.

AMRAAM is an acronym, and it is registered as a trademark by Raytheon since acronyms cannot be copyrighted nor owned. Others can use the acronym freely to described their own advanced medium range air to air missiles as AMRAAMs.

All AIM-120s can be called AMRAAMs, but not all AMRAAMs are AIM-120s.

I think only a small minority of members in this or any other forum will ever take an AMRAAM to be anything else than the AIM-120. That name has stuck to it as a sort of de-facto standard.

@Hodor

Thank you for your post.

I agree with the spirit of your post. No one is all knowing. And cannot be.

However, i consider myself to be someone who is a learner and I always concede if I'm ever in doubt. Unlike many here, who challenge the opposing view with stubbornness and make it a matter of credibility when it should not be.

The post in question here is a cosmetic decal applied to a one lone aircraft. Interestingly I think there are currently 3 jets flying in the same colour scheme. One of which i've seen up close multiple times at Kamra. It didnt have this decal until about 3 months ago. Hence my bad. Post #10 is loud and clear.

There are reasons why I'm keeping a close watch on a few members for their posts. The post regarding a female Y-12 operator taking part in Swift Retort has not been received well by some. Not many including authorities are happy about it. These sort of posts are counterproductive and have a negative impact on the subject/individual as well as on the institution they represent.

On several forums, it was implied that Pakistan is trying to match Indian female ATC controller by manufacturing such news.

Misinformation is one thing. Not admitting it is another. The latter is the worst case scenario.

You guys can arm a thunder with AMRAAM for all I or anyone cares. Let us be careful and responsible with non-public information. I do not want to say anything further. The message should be enough for the concerned.
Yeah I totally agree on the effects that could be caused and were caused because of the wrong information posted about the Y-12 pilot and if you look at my posts I clearly mentioned it to the OP.And imo before posting such info,it should be confirmed from more than one sources,plus not every news is necessary to be posted here

P.s I think 2 jets are in Pak Flag scheme and 1 is in Pak-China flag scheme.

In June 2002, history was made when an Israeli Searcher Mk2 drone operated by India, was shot down at night by a Pakistan Air force F16B using AIM-9L Sidewinder, at an altitude of 13,000ft.
Not sure if the F-16 supports the victory markings, however, a Portion of the UAV tail section is now on display outside PAF 9 Sqn home. The plaque credits - Sqn Ldr Zulfiqar Ayub and Sqn Ldr Afzal Aman for the kill.

IAF_Searcher_display_PAF.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for those oblivious , there are indeed two JF-17s painted in same green livery, i guess one acts as a standby.

img-5b92d8e0f2a2d9bebcc758c8430416fa-jpg.564452

In June 2002, history was made when an Israeli Searcher Mk2 drone operated by India, was shot down at night by a Pakistan Air force F16B using AIM-9L Sidewinder, at an altitude of 13,000ft.
Not sure if the F-16 supports the victory markings, however, a Portion of the UAV tail section is now on display outside PAF 9 Sqn home. The plaque credits - Sqn Ldr Zulfiqar Ayub and Sqn Ldr Afzal Aman for the kill.

IAF_Searcher_display_PAF.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for those oblivious , there are indeed two JF-17s painted in same green livery, i guess one acts as a standby.

img-5b92d8e0f2a2d9bebcc758c8430416fa-jpg.564452
Both Thunders operated by different squadrons. My cousin ferried one of them to Poland some time back.

Both Thunders operated by different squadrons. My cousin ferried one of them to Poland some time back.
yep these both are Ops in two different squadrons,not sure about #101 its rarely seen airborne.

yep these both are Ops in two different squadrons,not sure about #101 its rarely seen airborne.

The last I saw 101 was back in 2016 in a maintenance hangar at ARF. Totally stripped off several parts. Seemed more like its gonna go through an overhaul.

There was a TomCat involved in the Iranian episode which was locked on and scarpered.
Wish permission to fire had been given, that would have made a mighty fine silhouette.
Which Iranian episode ?

Back
Top Bottom