What's new

Why No F-16 With Kill Markings

see what I found ... OEM brochure of JF17

View attachment 586806

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:JF-17_specifications_--_CAC-PAC_JF-17_Thunder_brochure.jpg

Not about the authenticity though... but still what you are saying and what this brochure says has PAF broken the secret code.....???? that's a BIG thing
AMRAAM on JF-17 shouldn't be any secret or you aren't clear to tell what you mean.
I was not aware that AIM-120 AMRAAM can be mated with the KLJ-7 & KLJ-7(V)2.

the confusion is here ... official AMRAAM manufacturer doesn't mention JF-17... if we/ China really (if we go with brochure) did then it is a straight forward legal issue.. isn't it?

AMRAAM only means "Advanced Medium Range Air to Air Missile". AIM-120X is just one type of an AMRAAM.

Last edited:
AMRAAM only means "Advanced Medium Range Air to Air Missile. AIM-120X is just one type of an AMRAAM.
you are right but in context of discussion (what go Indians spooked) we are here only referring to AIM-120X.. so moral of the story is that AIM-120 is NOT integrated onto JF-17 and it were only F-16s that made the kills on 27th Feb..
By the way I am not sure what @Eagle wanted to say... can he please elaborate further?

you are right but in context of discussion (what go Indians spooked) we are here only referring to AIM-120X.. so moral of the story is that AIM-120 is NOT integrated onto JF-17 and it were only F-16s that made the kills on 27th Feb..
By the way I am not sure what @Eagle wanted to say... can he please elaborate further?

Some day the true story of what happened on Feb 27 will come out, but not anytime soon.

the confusion is here ... official AMRAAM manufacturer doesn't mention JF-17... if we/ China really (if we go with brochure) did then it is a straight forward legal issue.. isn't it?

View attachment 586807

https://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/amraam

I was not aware that AIM-120 AMRAAM can be mated with the KLJ-7 & KLJ-7(V)2.

"AMRAAM" is a designation of a missile and it's not a product bound to only one OEM. AIM 120 etc are products with all the rights reserved with OEM. China introduces an AMRAAM means a missile but will surely has a name. AMRAAM is advice medium range air to air missile. Then you have BVRAAM or WVRAAM but the fact remains which one. Further more, none of the operators can mate so & so missiles without source codes to the product especially otherwise, see how few of IAF crashes happened.

A US F-18 that shot down a syrian Su22 in 2017 recently appeared with kill markings and even in the case of this display JF17 so I dont think seeing kill markings so early is possible and that's PAF we are talking about.

While others are quick to paint and display scores achieved even in DACT exercise.

kill-markings.jpg

F-22 Raptor kill on EFT.

closeup1.jpg

AIM-120X is just one type of an AMRAAM.
To my knowledge there are only 4 Types of AMRAAM.

1. Aim-120A (Discontinued before Raytheon took over Hughes)
2. Aim-120B
3. Aim-120C
4. Aim-120D

There is however a Aim-9X (Sidewinder)...

To my knowledge there are only 4 Types of AMRAAM.

1. Aim-120A (Discontinued before Raytheon took over Hughes)
2. Aim-120B
3. Aim-120C
4. Aim-120D

There is however a Aim-9X (Sidewinder)...

So what about the R-77 or the PL-12? Those are AMRAAMs too.

Back
Top Bottom