What's new

Why Myanmar's plan to acquire fighter jets from China, Pakistan should worry India

I would not fear a Malaysian JF-17, really.

Areesh, post: 5838076, member: 25703"]They are killed by banned terror outfits. Huge difference kid.

but they are getting killed by Muslims are they not?

Yeah I can see the success since 1967.

yes of course we are still surviving and are sitll a hindu majority country you tried and failed to disestablish us

Don't get me started about IOK alone kid. Or else thread would be completely derailed. :)

anyways have fun derailing every thread with your off topic rants ..

The chinese are the real creators and drivers of JF-17,any other claims seem outlandish considering Pakistan never has manufactured any combat jet of any generation.

Pakistan has been producing upto fifty-eight percent of the airframe and seventy percent of the aircraft in question , you sure that the manufacturing ability , infrastructure e.t.c isn't there . I agreed with the part about relative inexperience and some bottlenecks and explained it you that how it isn't only about the cheap labor that results in low cost of the multi role aircraft , there are various other factors . The CAC production lines alone will not be able to fulfill the order of Pakistan and any other country interested in the aircraft simultaneously , hence despite the bottlenecks and relative inexperience , a certain percentage of production will always be diverted to the PAC , Kamra . This is the most probable scenario , because if all production of export orders is shifted to Chengdu , Pakistani orders will suffer and knowing how JFT is required by the PAF to replace all except F-16s and upgraded Mirages , this cant be allowed to happen . Kamra has been assembling the aircraft for long , started manufacturing the JF-17 ~ 2009 , the maintenance facility is there and now we are carrying out the Block-2 upgrades . By the time , they place an order actually , which would be years from now , there would be much needed increase in capacity and capability and the process would have been optimized for sure . Your long standing myths about Pakistan's manufacturing capabilities are baseless . But having said all that , if your conclusion's the same , its better not to argue if you wish not to take facts . I rest my case here .

P.S The Block-2 upgrade doesn't have airframe changes , so wind tunnel testing isn't required , flight tests are being carried out in Pakistan . Read about it , you seem woefully misinformed about Pakistan's aeronautical industry .

Pakistan Begins Producing Block-II JF-17 Aircraft | The Diplomat
Pakistan launched production of the Block-II JF-17 combat aircraft at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex near Islamabad. The Diplomat reported earlier this year that Pakistan expected to begin exporting the JF-17 in 2014; the beginning of production last week is set to keep it on track to meet that deadline. The Pakistan Aeronautical Complex has already produced 50 older, less-advanced Block-I JF-17s for the Pakistan air force. The newer Block-II variants possess more advanced weapons systems and avionics. According to Shabbir, 50 JF-17s “are enough to form three squadrons with a typical squadron strength of 16 aircraft.” He adds, “From early 2014 the first Block-II will rollout. Block-II has no airframe changes other than the addition of [an in-flight refuelling probe] which would later also be refitted to all Block-I aircraft. Most of the improvements are in radar and avionics.”

Manufacture of sub-assemblies for the JF-17 light-weight multi-role fighter began on 22 January 2008, while serial production of the fighter began on 30 June 2009.

JF-17 production with China’s support - thenews.com.pk
The Pakistani security apparatus and allied engineers not only produced the JF-17 Thunder prototype in a record period of two-and-a-half years as against a period of 8-9 years taken in the advanced world on the first model of a combat aircraft, they have also taken the Pakistani contribution in the avionics’ preparation to the optimum level of 70 per cent of the Pak-China joint endeavour and to a satisfactory figure of 58 per cent in the preparation of other essential components.

Pakistan Aeronautical Complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aircraft Rebuild Factory (ARF), formerly known as F-6 Rebuild Factory(F-6RF) and P-721, is primarily dedicated to the overhaul and parts manufacture of Chinese aircraft in service with the Pakistan Air force (PAF). The Mirage Rebuild Factory (MRF), formerly known as P-741, is dedicated to the overhaul of French origin military aircraft in service with the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), the Dassault Mirage III and Mirage V combat aircraft. Overhaul and manufacturing services were utilized by other countries with French Mirage aircraft in service. Aircraft Manufacturing Factory (AMF), formerly known as P-751, is dedicated to heavy military aircraft manufacturing. The MFI-17 Mushshak basic trainer aircraft built under license for use by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) and Pakistan Army aviation wing. This factory project managed the aircraft modification and development venture that resulted in the MFI-395 Super Mushshak basic trainer, based on the MFI-17 Mushshak. Development of the K-8 Karakorum (also known as Hongdu JL-8) intermediate/advanced jet trainer was done in cooperation with Hongdu Aviation Industry Group of China, with AMF manufacturing parts for the aircraft. The JF-17 multi-role combat aircraft (also known as FC-1), a joint project between China and Pakistan, is now being manufactured by AMF. The MFI-17, MFI-395, K-8 and JF-17 are now in service with the (PAF). AMF also designs and manufactures unmanned aerial vehicles for uses such as target practice. In 1989, RMC was expanded to become Kamra Radar & Avionics Factory (KARF). APF has the facilities to assemble and overhaul airborne as well as ground-based radar systems, electronics and avionics.

Are you realy stupid ? Where did DRDO claim it can 'only' export Akash,prahaar,LCA & Brahmos ?
It is marketting Indian AEW & CS system,already sold Battlefield aurveilance radars.And arent RADARs part of AKASH SAM system?

FYI SONARs are another field in which they have expertise.

If you don't know the gunship heli,Its called Rudra or ALH WSI.Its civilian variant & troop transport variants habe already been exported.It is a HAL not DRDO product.

And who needs internal consumption to finish ? Dhruv helis for Ecuador was built on same production line as ones for Indian forces as well as civilian ones.

India Can Export Fighter Planes, Missiles, Says DRDO Chief | Page 2

Read !!!

I'll believe this news when it happens. I was skeptical the last time interest was announced by a potential buyer, and I'm skeptical now.

Can India compete with China? The answer is definitely NO. The reason? China has so much cash in its hands it can buy Myanmar.

Product to product, India does not have a fighter aircraft that it can export. Pakistan JF-17 is a serial production aircraft and has seen significant combat in its short life.

India does not have such product.

Pakistan is extremely happy to do business with Myanmar and to build friendly ties with it through military hardware sales and training.

They are, already using SINOPAK K-8 and MBT-2000 which now being marketed jointly for future sales.

India should stop acting like an agitated monkey as its arming Afghanistan as we speak.If India is going to arm our nighbors against us, we'll arm theirs, isn't it common sense!. We reject Indians concerns utterly for its intrusive to the business of 3 states.

It looks like India has designs on Burmese independance, otherwise it wouldn't have objected at all.

I'll believe this news when it happens. I was skeptical the last time interest was announced by a potential buyer, and I'm skeptical now.
Same here mate but at least there are potential buyers and interest is being shown all around the world!

Do you have comphrehension issues ? They are just citing a few examples of export ready products.

Regarding Akash SAM,Rajendra radar is a part of the system.

They are trying to market AEW & CS too DRDO AEW&C aircraft flight displays at Sakhir Airbase for Bahrain International Airshow | Frontier India

And about HAL ALH WSI it is an HAL product & DRDO chief wont make a statement about it.

Same here mate but at least there are potential buyers and interest is being shown all around the world!
That's not the problem, no one expects any fighter to be as successful as the F-16, which in turn was a success through sheer luck (and political gaming).

The JF-17 has a lot of potential and there is interest, but no one should expect it to sell this early, it's just unrealistic.

terrorist Country eraser weapon ....Once done, crack Narials.

Leave it bro.There is no point in argueing with a guy who makes statements like ' naturally,any product coming from India should be inferior'.

Pakistan Export for the JF-17 with major ToT is almost guaranteed in the middle east. For Myanmar to get ToT, that is not a requirement, if they get some Tejas with ToT, for competition sake (they will be close examined by the Chinese in that instance), But I am pretty sure they won"t get sensitive ToT from Pakistan or China.They might get some very low percentage to stimulate the economy.
ToT does not mean total transfer of technology, risks are always upraised and calculated, and the percentage of Tot is dependent on the risk factor.

That's not the problem, no one expects any fighter to be as successful as the F-16, which in turn was a success through sheer luck (and political gaming).

The JF-17 has a lot of potential and there is interest, but no one should expect it to sell this early, it's just unrealistic.
You can see "supposed sale" written all over my posts, don't you?
But hey, being optimistic doesn't bite now does it....

Leave it bro.There is no point in argueing with a guy who makes statements like ' naturally,any product coming from India should be inferior'.
Let idiots be idiots, the world however doesn't work that way, first they show interest and THEN they MAY buy. Your products even if good are seriously hampered by their inexperience and lack of sales man ship. For us the Chinese factor of ensuring mass manufacturing is bringing in customers, not to mention our factories too aren't in full swing either because the PAF orders aren't big enough, probably at 60% of their potential but not full swing....

Back
Top Bottom