What's new

India Can Export Fighter Planes, Missiles, Says DRDO Chief

Radar wont matter as long as not thinking of selling the plane to Syria or Iran:lol:
Engine will be the big hurdle - not sure whether US will take too kindly to another competitor on the global fighter market. Gripen actually has a joint Swedish/UK radar and BAE has a big stake in the Gripen programme, and so that may have helped Sweden get export clearance from US.

actually,most countries don't mind if the exported country is a favorable one.lets say,take example of potential export targets...Vietnam,Philippines,Afghanistan,Bhutan,Nepal,Myanmar(may be),Syechelles,Maldives etc.none of these are any threat to USA and they'll barely bother if GE sells few dozens of engines more.but then again,they have some laws regarding exported equipment which might prove a lil hurdle.but they bend so many rules for us,we'd not bet much on it.

topic.....

great news.I'm smelling few orders from Vietnam.Pragati Missile and Akash probably.

Last edited:
Actually Akash, Brahmos & Prahar can be exported, will have to wait till LCA MK2 to think about exports.

But Akash & Brahmos got huge inhouse order, which need to met first. for coming 5 years, it is not possible to export these systems.

Good news. Building more factories to increase manufacturing of arms would be a good start. Meanwhile get in touch with the prospective customers :cool:

So LCA for export and what about domestic demand when it will enter in IAF?

Why is DRDO the sole competitor at the annual PSU Loudmouth of the Year Awards every year?:hitwall: Don't see any other Organization building Castles in the air even before the first brick has been made.

Shoo go some were Else and Troll.Stop Drailing Topic

He has a point. The bigger defence contractors usually have separate assembly/fabrication lines for export orders. Not so in case of our DPSUs. Our export commitments will definitely mess with the timeline of our domestic orders.

Shoo go some were Else and Troll.Stop Drailing Topic

This is a question and not a troll. You Indian always negative. Go and clean your head from garbage. Can someone please answer my question because export version is always different that local version

This is a question and not a troll. You Indian always negative. Go and clean your head from garbage. Can someone please answer my question because export version is always different that local version
The question you are asking already Discussed On PDF Multiple Times and out there on Internet check it yourself As for your Remark I am not new to PDF I know which comments are meant for Trolling which are Not.

Weapons exports have to work in tandem with economic investments and vested interests. China, Usa and Russia don't just supply weapons, they economically bound the country and give them lucrative offers. China provides cheap loans from its banks in return for defence and infrastructure contracts. India must increase its investment and manufacturing capacity if it wants to compete with China and Russia.

DRDO chief is right, we do need a proper defence policy for exports.

Get LCA mk2 in the air, and i think you got a buyer in Afghanistan :tup:
Thanks for the appreciation of India's second home built jet.I look forward to the day when Afghan Air Force operates Air superiority fighters to keep those with misplaced ideas of "strategic depth" in their place.

Good to see India thinking of weapons exports and to improve their defence capability.
However, its not only about talking the talk, but walking the walk. I think the government should just keep quiet and focus on improving its local defence indstry, and when they have reached a level where they can mass produce, design and supply almost all kinds of weapons sytems locally and meet the army needs, then they can start thinking of exporting any weapons. So will be better to get to this level before boosting about things you 'can do', this only makes the government look foolish/silly in case they dont meet their target of exporting sophisticated weapons sytems in this time frame.
As of now India cant even meet its own country defence needs, so they shouldnt even be thinking of exports at all for the moment. When the manufacturing/defence industry is large/capable enough to manufacture all the countrys main defence needs locally without too much reliance on foreign countries, then it can start thinking of exports.
Though its good to be ambitious(which i believe the current government is, which is a good thing), you also have to be realistic and know your limits while striving to improve. India sure can do all these, but it just needs determination, focus and an efficient project implementation system . Wishing India all the best.:cheers:

Shouldn't India be filling out it's own orders first? This is the same problem I have with people who want to export the JF-17. Unless you're willing to ToT, and build manufacturing plants in foreign nations, I highly doubt the export potential will be that great.

Both India and Pakistan should look at their domestic needs before sell these damn things to foreign nations.

facepalm-1.gif
facepalm-1.gif

drdo at it again:blah::blah:

Foot in the mouth!!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom