What's new

Why Myanmar's plan to acquire fighter jets from China, Pakistan should worry India

Doesn't matter, if the sale happens we'll get the money and the recognition, thus allowing us to tap into a market with huge potential.... that's all we want!
good for you, in serious sense

all we want is radar frequency and avionics information :D

Just on paper,everyone knows that the entire R&D,manufacturing and maintenance is done by china.Any export customers will deal with china and not pakistan.They will buy it from China,get spares and maintenance from China.That's a fact.No amount of national chauvinism is about to change that fact.
Why,you ask?Because the main selling point of this jet is its price tag and no nation on earth can manufacture cheaper than China.I will be foolish and downright idiotic to think that Pakistan will have the same manufacturing efficiency of JF-17 than China.
Not to mention that any maintenance and post induction technical issues can only be addressed by China.Pakistan does not have the technical know-how to deal with issues that may creep up later on it's own.
Boy you Indians sure do know how to flame things up, oh wait.... Is that an LCA flying? dayum!
Btw as i've said all we want is money and a few other things, as far as technical expertise goes, our nuclear bomb and cruise missiles sure came out of thin air, didn't they?

Let China provide them the stuff..We will help to arm Vietnam , Japan, Philippians and Afghanistan.

good for you, in serious sense
all we want is radar frequency and avionics information
You can use Google while your air force can use a cold shower...

Let China provide them the stuff..We will help to arm Vietnam , Japan, Philippians and Afghanistan.
You'll arm Japan o_O
Rest of the stuff, happy hunting :woot:

Boy you Indians sure do know how to flame things up, oh wait.... Is that an LCA flying? dayum!
Btw as i've said all we want is money and a few other things, as far as technical expertise goes, our nuclear bomb and cruise missiles sure came out of thin air, didn't they?
Sigh,there again... you guys just resort to tu quoque fallacy.How is LCA related to the thread?How does its success or failure have any influence on Myanmar's decision to buy JF-17?Or How does LCA impact Pakistan aeronautical know-how or the lack of it?
Open a separate thread for LCA if you want and please be mature enough to avoid off topic posts.

It is flying.It flew for first time in 2001.It is now being integrated with BVR,IFR probes-which JF didnt have when it was inducted.

Anyway,any Pakistani developed aircraft ( no JV ) yet ?

He is partially right.Apart from few PAC developed avionics,it was developed in China.

Also there is no data about how many Pakistani engineers were present in China for development,compared to number of Chinese designers.All we hear is ' our engineers worked with Chinese '.

if you have data for it pls share.

It is flying.It flew for first time in 2001.It is now being integrated with BVR,IFR probes-which JF didnt have when it was inducted.

He is partially right.Apart from few PAC developed avionics,it was developed in China.

Also there is no data about how many Pakistani engineers were present in China for development,compared to number of Chinese designers.All we hear is ' our engineers worked with Chinese '.

Bhai jaan, bas yehi cheezen google pe available nhi hai .... warna ma kasam pehle priyanka chopra ka phone number mar leta :p
lol nice one

Nah, we'll develop it like the Al Khalid, gonna take it slow, gonna take it sure. Sub systems are tho being developed, munitions integrated and with economy showing positive signs, things are back on track. And please! don't talk to me about your LCA.... please!

Nah, i don't have any data, i agree he is partially right, but then again partially is your word. Thing is here in Pakistan, much of the development is kept secret and only shown scarcely, but does that mean it's not present, i don't think so. There are weapon systems in our arsenal we have no idea about, many were revealed at a later date to our amusement though.

Sigh,there again... you guys just resort to tu quoque fallacy.How is LCA related to the thread?How does its success or failure have any influence on Myanmar's decision to buy JF-17?Or How does LCA impact Pakistan aeronautical know-how or the lack of it?
Open a separate thread for LCA if you want and please be mature enough to avoid off topic posts.
Of course it has an influence dumbo. If LCA was developed per time, was tested enough, sorties flown, infrastructure developed then your chances of selling would have been up there, considering your relationship with the said country.

Our weapon systems have been developed keeping yours in mind (hint: nuclear)....
But from some time i've been seein' a healthy trend of export orientation of our products.

Last edited:
Of course it has an influence dumbo. If LCA was developed per time, was tested enough, sorties flown, infrastructure developed then your chances of selling would have been up there, considering your relationship with the said country.
Our weapon systems have been developed keeping yours in mind (hint: nuclear)....
But from some time i've been seein' a healthy trend of export orientation of our products.
First,the issue of possible indian competition is just hypothetical.Which still doesnt answer the question why would export customers deal with pakistan instead of China.I do think the LCA has little or no bearing on it.
Keep off the personal remarks,seeing your rational counter-arguments,I am afraid you are certainly in no position to preach.

They r free to buy Chinese a/c. Bangladesh should be worried More than India!!

First,the issue of possible indian competition is just hypothetical.
Good

Which still doesnt answer the question why would export customers deal with pakistan instead of China.
Let the deal happen, also i didn't imply in any of my posts that they'd be dealing with us, although i think there is a great deal of chance there since we are the majority of the share holders. Let's wait shall we.... we'd be getting the money tho...

Keep off the personal remarks,seeing your rational counter-arguments,I am afraid you are certainly in no position to preach.
You don't preach hard facts, you shove them in people's face for their own benefit so that they can learn a thing or two.

Let the deal happen, also i didn't imply in any of my posts that they'd be dealing with us, although i think there is a great deal of chance there since we are the majority of the share holders. Let's wait shall we.... we'd be getting the money tho...
Influence will mean dealing with you.Anyway let's leave it.

Influence will mean dealing with you.Anyway let's leave it.

Back
Top Bottom