What's new

Why ‘Made in Vietnam’ won’t replace ‘Made in China’

Without western imports Huawei is dead. China without imports will be dead too. I don’t understand why is it bad when we imports? It’s good thing when the US seeks to source stuffs from Vietnam. You can continue to export core components and raw materials Toby Vietnam. Win win.

Oh esay my friend...

You cannot be so sure Huawei is dead. At least Huawei is the company that makes the U.S. and 5 eye alliance terrified because Huawei challenges the strucutral foundation of the West. Why the US do not care about Alibaba, Tencent or Tiktok, these companies won't change anything to destroy the foundation of the West. No doubt huawei has some issues for the current situation but Im sure Huawei can get through this. China has the advantage of whole nation system (I bet VN is the same at least to some extent),which means China could capitalize on the whole country's resources to tackle some key and core technology breakthroughs with great efficiency.

Besides China is the only country that established a complete industry category, China can manufacture almost anything from daily use commodity to high end manufacturing eqiupments, there is a complete upstream to downstram industry chain, any demand and supply can be settled and perfectly matched.If the US stops chip export to Huawei, there is already alternative there, at least dozens of chip manufactures are ready to fight against US block.

About Vietnam. Haven't you awake now, after seeing what the US has done to its allies? US could do anything like raising more taxes(to EU)or banning export or force foreign companies to accept its rules by giving up benefits even to its allies...there are too many news like what I've mentioned above! Just wake up!

Oh esay my friend...

You cannot be so sure Huawei is dead. At least Huawei is the company that makes the U.S. and 5 eye alliance terrified because Huawei challenges the strucutral foundation of the West. Why the US do not care about Alibaba, Tencent or Tiktok, these companies won't change anything to destroy the foundation of the West. No doubt huawei has some issues for the current situation but Im sure Huawei can get through this. China has the advantage of whole nation system (I bet VN is the same at least to some extent),which means China could capitalize on the whole country's resources to tackle some key and core technology breakthroughs with great efficiency.

Besides China is the only country that established a complete industry category, China can manufacture almost anything from daily use commodity to high end manufacturing eqiupments, there is a complete upstream to downstram industry chain, any demand and supply can be settled and perfectly matched.If the US stops chip export to Huawei, there is already alternative there, at least dozens of chip manufactures are ready to fight against US block.

About Vietnam. Haven't you awake now, after seeing what the US has done to its allies? US could do anything like raising more taxes(to EU)or banning export or force foreign companies to accept its rules by giving up benefits even to its allies...there are too many news like what I've mentioned above! Just wake up!
I seriously don’t understand why the US hates Huawei. Maybe because the company is founded by thieves (says Nancy Pelosi), or it is a Ccp tool to spy the alliance, say many. Some people hate certain things without reasons. Either way 5g is overrated. I use iPhone connected to WiFi when responding to you. WiFi offers cheapest costs fastest speeds at home, factories, trains, cafe, public places, offices, everywhere. In contrast I hardly see the major benefits of 5g. Can you show me where are the benefits of 5g?

Huawei’s 5g shakes or destroys the foundation of the West? Really? Must I run into a bunker now? Some people speculate chinese think too much of themselves. They are right.

I seriously don’t understand why the US hates Huawei. Maybe the company is founded by thieves (says Nancy Pelosi), or it is Ccp tool to spy the alliance. 5g is overrated. I use iPhone connected to WiFi when respondIng to you. I hardly see the major benefits of 5g. Can you explain it?

Haters always gonna hate. In your mind, 5g means smart phones? Well I'm really speechless. 5G has the potential to enable fundamentally new applications, industries, and business models and dramatically improve quality of life around the world via unprecedented use cases that require high data-rate instantaneous communications, low latency, and massive connectivity for new applications for mobile, eHealth, autonomous vehicles, smart cities, smart homes. It could be used as the follows:

5G provide problem solving plans for smart factories & connectivity over the full product lifecycle, so it frees excessive people for doing assembly line work or dangerous jobs like mining underground. It helps to cut unnecessary cost and rise profits.

It can also be used as surgery:

• Doctors in China have used 5G to perform remote surgery, inserting a stimulation device in the brain of a Parkinson's patient from nearly 1,900 miles away.
  • 5G makes this possible by cutting latency to an almost instantaneous 2 milliseconds between devices, allowing surgeons to conduct procedures as if they were right next to the patient.
  • The tech could give private healthcare providers an edge over rivals, and the ability to provide services to patients further afield as 5G coverage increases.

Even the Donald Trump says US must catch up on 5G, VN people say 5G is useless....best of the year

Haters always gonna hate. In your mind, 5g means smart phones? Well I'm really speechless. 5G has the potential to enable fundamentally new applications, industries, and business models and dramatically improve quality of life around the world via unprecedented use cases that require high data-rate instantaneous communications, low latency, and massive connectivity for new applications for mobile, eHealth, autonomous vehicles, smart cities, smart homes. It could be used as the follows:

5G provide problem solving plans for smart factories & connectivity over the full product lifecycle, so it frees excessive people for doing assembly line work or dangerous jobs like mining underground. It helps to cut unnecessary cost and rise profits.

• Doctors in China have used 5G to perform remote surgery, inserting a stimulation device in the brain of a Parkinson's patient from nearly 1,900 miles away.
  • 5G makes this possible by cutting latency to an almost instantaneous 2 milliseconds between devices, allowing surgeons to conduct procedures as if they were right next to the patient.
  • The tech could give private healthcare providers an edge over rivals, and the ability to provide services to patients further afield as 5G coverage increases.
5g is a transport media.

Nothing else.

WiFi is a transport media.

you can make phone call, video conferencing, Video gaming and other stuffs either 5g or WiFi.

5g costs huge money.

Wifi costs almost nothing.

you note the difference?

Without western imports Huawei is dead. China without imports will be dead too. I don’t understand why is it bad when we imports? It’s good thing when the US seeks to source stuffs from Vietnam. You can continue to export core components and raw materials Toby Vietnam. Win win.

"Minimum wages in Vietnam are lower than even in poorer neighbors like Cambodia, currently ranging between $132 and $190 per month depending on location."

they don't have native 5G tech. Huawei/Samsung control most 5G patents. Vietnam can't develop 5G without paying patent royalties to US, South Korea and China.

c5ffd2be-4635-4aa7-901d-866d585aa7cb.PNG

yes Vietnam develops 5g too. We don’t like Huawei. That is the honest answer.

Applications you mentioned have nothing to do with 5g. Ok I see 5g offers benefits. communication is possible when you are in places with no public WiFi.
I mean just use some common sense. Do you actually believe it?

That is why many countries prefer to work with Huawei, it is the only game in town. Huawei's 5g is far more ahead. Vietnam 5g? Vietnam needs to pay royalties that is how backward Vietnam is.

"Minimum wages in Vietnam are lower than even in poorer neighbors like Cambodia, currently ranging between $132 and $190 per month depending on location."

they don't have native 5G tech. Huawei/Samsung control most 5G patents. Vietnam can't develop 5G without paying patent royalties to US, South Korea and China.

Minimum wages have pro and con. Too high minimum wages combined with strict labor laws destroy jobs. Pls compare job creation between Germany and France.

It makes no sense to reinvent the chopsticks thousands times. We only need a pair of chopsticks when eating pho. Huawei boss wants to make money but he will bite Granit. Vietnam will not pay any patent fees.

Even the Donald Trump says US must catch up on 5G, VN people say 5G is useless....best of the year

So long as they don't use the 60GHz or 95GHz for 5 G or other unhealthy waves, not useless. When they use mm waves that harm the health, more than useless.

Last edited:

To us, 5G is much less important than...WindowXP. The whole world ( maybe except CN) including Thai still use WinXP for the ATM while no one care if we have 5G or not.

If US forces Thai to chose between winXp and Hwei 5G, Thai surely will chose winXp, dude :cool:

To us, 5G is much less important than...WindowXP. The whole world ( maybe except CN) including Thai still use WinXP for the ATM while no one care if we have 5G or not.

If US forces Thai to chose between winXp and Hwei 5G, Thai surely will chose winXp, dude :cool:

great. you keep using XP. meanwhile at my work we're forced to remove XP computers because they can't safely connect to the internet and they're a maintenance hazard.

this is why Vietnam is Vietnam and why China is China.

Minimum wages have pro and con. Too high minimum wages combined with strict labor laws destroy jobs. Pls compare job creation between Germany and France.

It makes no sense to reinvent the chopsticks thousands times. We only need a pair of chopsticks when eating pho. Huawei boss wants to make money but he will bite Granit. Vietnam will not pay any patent fees.

if Vietnam doesn't pay patent fees then it can never export 5G products because it'll get sunk in lawsuits in every country it tries to sell in, it will never get design help from the people who designed the chips so they can never get the full performance, it will be locked out of proprietary data standards and it can never buy 5G components that have Huawei intellectual property inside. Or, alternatively, the seller pays the Huawei patent fees for Vietnam. Either way, Huawei will get paid at the end - either directly by Vietnam, through lawsuits, or through foreign exporters paying Huawei for Vietnam then passing the costs onto Vietnam.

Wow, just realize vietnamese minimum wage is much lower than their neiggbour, Cambodian

Back
Top Bottom