What's new

Why Kerala has no beef with beef.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you start declaring every other Hindu a asura, rakshasa or a chandal, then soon India will become a Hindu minority country. :) Brahminical elitism and this low caste business has contributed more to the numbers in all other religions than forced conversion.

Sir I am most chilled out guy in spite of my warrior lineage. But I cannot believe there are "Hindus" in India who are cow eaters. I am not calling anyone any names or classifications. But I surely question the primary classification of them being Hindu.

Tomoorrow you'll find a class of "Hindus" who'll piss in fire and give some libertaranian rationale for it ....

Please sir. Enough is enough.

@Razia Sultana @jamahir please educate this lost soul about meditation has no space in Islam, and tell him to refrain from associating it to Prophet (PBUH). Thanks.

@Screambowl

1. what is mediation really?? does twisting one's limbs and sitting for hours straight-backed under a banyan tree ( yogi-style ) automatically bring genius into one's mind?? if so, for the millions from india who have done this since ages, where is their contribution to the world??

2. i would say hazrat muhammad went into the cave for some "me time", away from distractions of any kind, maybe waiting for enlightenment... this will not be meditation at all... so @Color_Less_Sky is correct that the formalized "meditation" has no place in islam, or indeed any scientific belief.

1. what is mediation really?? does twisting one's limbs and sitting for hours straight-backed under a banyan tree ( yogi-style ) automatically bring genius into one's mind?? if so, for the millions from india who have done this since ages, where is their contribution to the world??

Yogi style is called "YOGA". Not meditation. Yoga means the union with one. A means to unite with the superconsciousness you call god.

It is the next step in evolution by helping man evolve into a higher stage of existence which will help him become one with the collective consciousness. This is the primary goal of all the key forms of yoga i.e. Kriya yoga, Astanga Yoga, Hatha Yog and Raja yoga.

Only a fool thinks twisting the limbs is yoga. Yoga is evolving the mind.

They key to evolution is the Khecari mudra which helps in awakening and kick starting the evolutionary process in the human body.

Half a minute doing the yoga kriya is equal to a whole year of evolution. A person performing 12 hours of Kriya yoga a day for 10 years evolves to a state equivalent to 52,56,000 years of human evolution.

@Screambowl

2. i would say hazrat muhammad went into the cave for some "me time", away from distractions of any kind, maybe waiting for enlightenment... this will not be meditation at all... so @Color_Less_Sky is correct that the formalized "meditation" has no place in islam, or indeed any scientific belief.

To be more precise Muhammad (Peace be upon him) went to that cave because he felt himself to be misfit in the society he was living at that time, he felt uncomfortable with their way of worshiping and their rituals. He sought his creator other than those idols of Quresh. He went there to worship and praise ALLAH, having a clue there is only one God and that is ALLAH. And to link it with any meditation is beyond me. And if one studies Prophet's (PBUH) life since his childhood he would understand that he was born a Prophet with seal as last of the messengers, but his duty to convey message to others was assigned when he reached a mature phase in his life.

Half a minute doing the yoga kriya is equal to a whole year of evolution. A person performing 12 hours of Kriya yoga a day for 10 years evolves to a state equivalent to 52,56,000 years of human evolution.

wow... @Color_Less_Sky you hear that... i recommend you the the sublime activity of yoga. :agree:

To be more precise Muhammad (Peace be upon him) went to that cave because he felt himself to be misfit in the society he was living at that time, he felt uncomfortable with their way of worshiping and their rituals. He sought his creator other than those idols of Quresh. He went there to worship and praise ALLAH, having a clue there is only one God and that is ALLAH. And to link it with any meditation is beyond me.

good analysis.

And if one studies Prophet's (PBUH) life since his childhood he would understand that he was born a Prophet with seal as last of the messengers, but his duty to convey message to others was assigned when he reached a mature phase in his life.

though i don't believe in mysticism i agree with what you say at a real-world personal human level.

Ask BJP to go for a snap poll then, like what Rajapakshe did. They will get 2/3rd malority and will be able to pass all the bills they want to pass.

Yeah, they are going to hold a snap polls because sickulars as asking for it.

Beef is not a taboo for all Hindus, that's what I was saying.
It is taboo for all Hindus. Those who do not believe it is a taboo are not Hindus. They are just like those Christians who change their religion but call themselves Hindus for state benefits and convenience.

ha? So how many high caste Hindus have been declared as chandals and included into reservation schemes? @SarthakGanguly I thought RSS is against caste.

Of course RSS is against caste from birth and they maintain no distinction about it, but RSS is very certain a cow eater is not a Hindu. You cannot be a cow eater and still call yourself a brahmin. That is the biggest joke.

Is it? There was no free media in 2004 and 2009? Hindutva was not used as an agenda in 2014 election, why? Because BJP knows Hindutva won't win them election.
Nope, there was none. MSM is aligned to congress and has done its best to tear down any opposition to the Gandhis. It was only with the coming of social media which made a difference. Hindutva was a known election plank in 2014. Ram Mandir was a part of the manifesto. Modi began his electioneering by visiting temples and meeting up with Sadhus in Kerala and elsewhere. The opposition left no chance to warn people BJP was all about Hindutva. So people who voted for BJP always knew what it was all about.

Let RSS contest the election on its own if it is an era of right wing Hindutva.
They do not want to. Their objective is different. They are societal perception molders and a force against corruption of the society. But their cadre are free to join politics. Which is what Modi, Ram Madhav, Dev Fadnavis, Manohar Lal Khattar, Shivraj Singh, Raman Singh have done. BJP is winning state after state even when people see all its leaders are being drawn from RSS.

wow... @Color_Less_Sky you hear that... i recommend you the the sublime activity of yoga. :agree:
good analysis.
though i don't believe in mysticism i agree with what you say at a real-world personal human level.

1. That would be against the tenets of your faith.. you need to go to heaven.
2. Who the hell is going to teach you Yoga ?

In Kerala, a Beef-Eating Fest to Protest Against Beef Ban

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Beef cooked in the open and Hindus and Muslims sitting together for a meal - this was how a section of people in Kerala protested today against the recent ban on the meat in Maharashtra.

Beef in Kerala means both cows and buffaloes and its consumption has no religious overtones. Not only do some Hindus here eat beef, going by sales figures, it is also the most-favoured meat in the state.

The annual sale of beef is estimated at 2.3 lakh metric tonnes against the corresponding figure for poultry -- 1.51 lakh metric tonnes.
RELATED
Kerala Government to Bear Treatment Expenses of Dog Bite Victims
Kerala Hummer Case: No Bail For Businessman For Next Six Months
Caught Spitting in Maharashtra? You Could End Up on Clean-Up Duty

"I am a Hindu. I should be given the freedom to eat whatever I want, even when I am eating this," said Ajith P from Kannur, who was at the protest of DYFI, the state CPM's youth wing, at Thiruvananthapuram on Tuesday.

Sharing the dish with him was Ajeeth Muhammad. Though a supporter of Muslim League, he said he didn't mind backing a cause. "None of us here have issues with beef consumption. It is part of Kerala's culture. How can we be stopped from eating something we want to?" he said.

Heading the protest, DYFI's B Biju said, "This is a token protest against the ban of beef in Maharashtra and a warning for anyone who would want to implement the same in Kerala. Any ban our food will not be acceptable."

A state panchayat law lays clear guidelines for slaughterhouses - that an animal can't be slaughtered unless it is over 10 years old, or has been made unfit for work or breeding due to injury or deformity.

Digging into the beef curry before returning to the Assembly, CPM legislator P Sreeramakrishnan said, "I eat my beef. And so do many others in Kerala. Nothing will change."

Last week, President Pranab Mukherjee ratified the Maharashtra Animal Preservation (Amendment) Bill which bans the slaughter of calves and bullocks.

Anyone found selling or eating beef can be jailed for five years and fined Rs. 10,000. Only the consumption of buffaloes, which give inferior quality beef, will be allowed.

Beef traders - thousands of whom will be jobless - and a section of people in social media have protested against the ban, with hashtag #BeefBan trending for a while on Twitter.Story First Published: March 10, 2015 20:07 IST

In Kerala, a Beef-Eating Fest to Protest Against Beef Ban
They should also slaughter Cows openly to protest again Cow slaughter ban too.

Nah I don't want to evolve that much that I become :cheesy:.

It is not necessary for anyone to believe in religion itself,I mean it just requires a fair and authentic research to form an accurate unbiased opinion. Instead people just look at Prophet's (PBUH) life's one or two phases only. The answers to many question require full understanding of Quran, and study of all phases of Prophet's (PBUH) life.

1. That would be against the tenets of your faith.. you need to go to heaven.

nah... i bother more about having a good and contributing life in the here-and-now rather than what happens in the here-after.

2. Who the hell is going to teach you Yoga ?

hot_namitha_as_yoga_teacher_stills_04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom