What's new

Why Ka-52 AKA Alligator / Nile Crocodile (Egyptian version) is probably the most capable combat helicopter

So many of those KA-52s got shot down in Ukraine.

Also all footage of those KA-52s shows how shitty their optics are, unstable and poor quality.
AH-64 would be the same situation in a conventional/symetric war. Look how many thousands of MANPADs there is Ukraine. What do you expect. There is some rumors saying that Egypt changed its optics with French one from Thales.

AH-64 would be the same situation in a conventional/symetric war. Look how many thousands of MANPADs there is Ukraine. What do you expect. There is some rumors saying that Egypt changed its optics with French one from Thales.
Not really, our Apaches have an Elbit DIRCM system that fires laser at the heat seeking missile and forces it to miss.

Also Apaches have way better optics, I bet they would have a much better chance to engage the enemy before being engaged.

Not really, our Apaches have an Elbit DIRCM system that fires laser at the heat seeking missile and forces it to miss.

Also Apaches have way better optics, I bet they would have a much better chance to engage the enemy before being engaged.
But did they have been in real combat situation between 2 organized army ? I think no. AH-64s are combat proven in asymetric war but not in a real war against real air defense systems, MANPADS etc...

But did they have been in real combat situation between 2 organized army ? I think no. AH-64s are combat proven in asymetric war but not in a real war against real air defense systems, MANPADS etc...
Irrelevant, they're still protected against MANPADs according to military tests.

Irrelevant, they're still protected against MANPADs according to military tests.
There is difference between military test and war scenarios. You can have an equipment where it achieve all its military tests and fails in the war. It is like comparing theory to reality. In military test, the armies do it in optimal situation. When you try an air to air missile, you don't try it on real fighter aircraft but with primitive drones without EW measures etc... (it is an example). So AH-64 is combat proven againts guerrila warfare but not against an organized army.

Back
Top Bottom