What's new

why its take so much time to sign deal with india?

Indians like to bargain. What Israel should have done is anticipate this and raise the price for Indians and let them bargain you down.
other problem they want to transfer some of the manufacture to india its take jobs from isreali they want us find them job

That's how this Democratic country is Working, and it should be the subject of the study, how did this country survived and how did the Democracy survived in this country. My guess is because because Democracy is deeply routed in India and because of these 3 reasons

1. Indian Army --- Not trying to take power over civilian govt.
2. Judicial System --- At least political leaders fears Court
3. Election Commission --- Independent body, on which no party pointed finger on its election result.
Good for you. I hope you can maintain this version of incompetent 'democracy' for as long as you shall live. Jai Hind!

Good for you. I hope you can maintain this version of incompetent 'democracy' for as long as you shall live. Jai Hind!

Actually I am waiting for the Party aka PRC which is ruling the real China to fall whose bodygaurd is PLA. The democratic China combined with Taiwan, would be the No. 1 country in world, no doubt.

i forgot about the spike atgm deal....
@PARIKRAMA what dirt do you have on this?
Price negotiations completed.
Here is the data in public about 2-3 months back
  • India will acquire 275 launchers and 5,500 Spike missiles in completed and kit form along with an undisclosed number of simulators.
  • The deal also includes a technology transfer to India's state-owned Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) to build another 1,500 systems and around 30,000 additional missiles.
  • The contract is likely to be confirmed before or during the visit of Israeli president Reuven Rivlin to India later this year.
  • Deliveries are expected to be completed 48-60 months thereafter, while BDL will continue to license-build the Spike for the next 20-25 years.
  • In the early stages of the negotiations, India approved the acquisition of 1,914 ATGM launchers and 37,860 missiles. It was later published that they only want 321 launchers and 8356 missiles.
  • The meaning of the new agreement is that India prefers to produce the systems and the missiles itself rather than to rely on direct procurement from Rafael.
  • Deal is estimated around $1Bn
http://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/content/rafael-and-india-finalized-deal-spike-missiles

• India will acquire 275 launchers and 5,500 Spike missiles in completed and kit form along with an undisclosed number of simulators.
  • The deal also includes a technology transfer to India's state-owned Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) to build another 1,500 systems and around 30,000 additional missiles.
  • The contract is likely to be confirmed before or during the visit of Israeli president Reuven Rivlin to India later this year.
  • Deliveries are expected to be completed 48-60 months thereafter, while BDL will continue to license-build the Spike for the next 20-25 years.
  • In the early stages of the negotiations, India approved the acquisition of 1,914 ATGM launchers and 37,860 missiles. It was later published that they only want 321 launchers and 8356 missiles.
  • The meaning of the new agreement is that India prefers to produce the systems and the missiles itself rather than to rely on direct procurement from Rafael.
http://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/content/rafael-and-india-finalized-deal-spike-missiles
well @dani958 there you have it

Hi.. Sorry I'm not much updated on this but still, isn't NAG long over due..? I guess the Helicopter mounted version and carrier version are up for induction.. What about the shoulder mounted version..??

Hi.. Sorry I'm not much updated on this but still, isn't NAG long over due..? I guess the Helicopter mounted version and carrier version are up for induction.. What about the shoulder mounted version..??

Trial was done in Jan 2016 with new IIR seeker and series of trial in both winter and summer extreme temperatures were to be done.

Land and air version is up for induction but shoulder fired version I have to check
Tagging @Abingdonboy and @Water Car Engineer
These folks may be able to throw more light

like the spike deal 20 meeeting and no agreement on the price

(1) Legendary Indian bureaucracy which is world champion in tardiness.

(2) In India, even suspicion of bribery in a defence deal could be career ending for a politician. Thus politicians tread safely whenever a big deal is to bi signed (which are most of the deals) and try to show that they bargained till last moment for best price.

(3) India buy in large quantity ,most of the time exceeding that with OEM's military, thus needing complex negotiations which need much more time then window shopping for a squadron of jets or so.

(4) Related to point 3, India has also started demanding offsets/investments and ToT due to leverage it has due to being a very big buyer. This further complicates negotiations compared to a vanilla deal.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom