What's new

Why is Russia selling weapons to Pakistan an insight?

If India is welcome to buy any weapon system in the world, Russia is welcome to sell any weapon system to any one world. On the condition that, Russia gets something in return that enhances it's interests.

I don't know your educational background but read up on International Relations or Economics. This is a message to every member here and i'm not exempt because I too have a lot to learn in the field.

It's 4 helicopters get over it. <-- That message goes to both Indian and Pakistani Members.

Agreed thats what I said, One Belt One Road initiative is aimed at integrating the economies of Euroasian region and to check on west's creep into Russia's and China's backyard, that is the reason why the current geopolitical realignment is taking place.
I doubt if all this is happening intentional..

As I said before Realpolitik entails serving self interest, US currently is selling 15 AH-1Z Vipers to Pakistan and 22 Apaches to India. Russian Deputy FM, can't lie, you cannot know more than him. However its still in the negotiations phase.
With $20 Plus Billion in reserves, with Moody's increasing Pak's rating, with international financial institutions announcing that even with the current GDP growth rate 4-5% , it is set to come among the Top 25 economies of the world in the next 10 years, not to forget being the World's sixth most populous country, world's sixth largest army, seventh largest airforce ( one of the first countries to use F16s in combat ), You claim Pak can't buy SU 35. Please get a life.
As far as spare parts being given to China are concerned, please do your research before spreading misinformation, China is set to become the first customer of SU-35, they dont need Pakistan to smuggle them spare parts.
China Nears Deal to Acquire Russia's Lethal Su-35 Fighter | The National Interest Blog

Please don't get emotional man. The 5 points you mention above 4 of which will become main problem future problems for us.

:hitwall:

Indians need to understand something, $. Sure Russia will lose out on $billions from India but will it? Will India after 1947-2015 of investing in Soviet/Russian hardware, training, maintenance, technology, pretty much integrating the Indian Armed Forces with Russia just overnight throw out all it's Russian hardware because of 4, thats right 4 Mi35s?

India has already integrated itself with Russia into the 5th Generational Fighter Jet. The PAKFA. The hundreds of MKIs, MiG29s, II76/78/38s, Mi35/26/8/17s, Tu-142s, Ka-31/28s of the 4/4.5th Generation will remain the workhorse of the IAF for decades to come. Do you think honestly that the Indian AirForce is going to get rid of all it's Russian hardware because of 4 helicopters. That's right 4 helicopters. Not to mention other Russian technology and hardware used by the Indian Armed Forces?

Over 4 helicopters the Indians are going to spend, lets say $100 Billion, to go on a buying spree of Western Airplanes and maintenance training to give the finger to Putin?

It's 4 Mi35s, that were sold, can you recall to who? The Pakistani Anti-Narcotics Force. Now why to the ANF? Simple, language. Russia is just reminding India that they too can diversify. And they too are allowed to sell their technology to anyone they want.

Vis-a-Visa Pakistan-India these 4 Mi35s mean nothing. They don't change anything in the Security Dilemma. The Balance of Power hasn't changed, Pakistan isn't going to be marching it's Army across the border because of these 4 Mi-35s. If Indians are peeing in their pants over them then they might as well just surrender Kashmir to Pakistan.

Get over it. Its 4 helicopters.

You're not pissed off that Russia sold Pakistan helicopters. You're pissed off that someone in the world is still willing to sell Military Hardware to Pakistan. No matter how strong India becomes either economically or politically the world isn't going to change it's mind over Pakistan Occupied Kashmir/ Azad Kashmir being part of India rather than Pakistan. The world isn't going to tolerate or allow a war to happen over 'a line in the sand.'

The borders of Pakistan and India are marked.

And aren't going to change.

Neither is the greed of the Defense Industry.

I applaud your rationale. Wish more folks, Indians and Pakistanis alike, would have the good sense to see things for what they were, and call a spade a spade, without resorting to nationalistic jingoism.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom