What's new

Why is Russia selling weapons to Pakistan an insight?

:hitwall:

Indians need to understand something, $. Sure Russia will lose out on $billions from India but will it? Will India after 1947-2015 of investing in Soviet/Russian hardware, training, maintenance, technology, pretty much integrating the Indian Armed Forces with Russia just overnight throw out all it's Russian hardware because of 4, thats right 4 Mi35s?

India has already integrated itself with Russia into the 5th Generational Fighter Jet. The PAKFA. The hundreds of MKIs, MiG29s, II76/78/38s, Mi35/26/8/17s, Tu-142s, Ka-31/28s of the 4/4.5th Generation will remain the workhorse of the IAF for decades to come. Do you think honestly that the Indian AirForce is going to get rid of all it's Russian hardware because of 4 helicopters. That's right 4 helicopters. Not to mention other Russian technology and hardware used by the Indian Armed Forces?

Over 4 helicopters the Indians are going to spend, lets say $100 Billion, to go on a buying spree of Western Airplanes and maintenance training to give the finger to Putin?

It's 4 Mi35s, that were sold, can you recall to who? The Pakistani Anti-Narcotics Force. Now why to the ANF? Simple, language. Russia is just reminding India that they too can diversify. And they too are allowed to sell their technology to anyone they want.

Vis-a-Visa Pakistan-India these 4 Mi35s mean nothing. They don't change anything in the Security Dilemma. The Balance of Power hasn't changed, Pakistan isn't going to be marching it's Army across the border because of these 4 Mi-35s. If Indians are peeing in their pants over them then they might as well just surrender Kashmir to Pakistan.

Get over it. Its 4 helicopters.

You're not pissed off that Russia sold Pakistan helicopters. You're pissed off that someone in the world is still willing to sell Military Hardware to Pakistan. No matter how strong India becomes either economically or politically the world isn't going to change it's mind over Pakistan Occupied Kashmir/ Azad Kashmir being part of India rather than Pakistan. The world isn't going to tolerate or allow a war to happen over 'a line in the sand.'

The borders of Pakistan and India are marked.

And aren't going to change.

Neither is the greed of the Defense Industry.

Great post.

As I said before Realpolitik entails serving self interest, US currently is selling 15 AH-1Z Vipers to Pakistan and 22 Apaches to India. Russian Deputy FM, can't lie, you cannot know more than him. However its still in the negotiations phase.
With $20 Plus Billion in reserves, with Moody's increasing Pak's rating, with international financial institutions announcing that even with the current GDP growth rate 4-5% , it is set to come among the Top 25 economies of the world in the next 10 years, not to forget being the World's sixth most populous country, world's sixth largest army, seventh largest airforce ( one of the first countries to use F16s in combat ), You claim Pak can't buy SU 35. Please get a life.
As far as spare parts being given to China are concerned, please do your research before spreading misinformation, China is set to become the first customer of SU-35, they dont need Pakistan to smuggle them spare parts.
China Nears Deal to Acquire Russia's Lethal Su-35 Fighter | The National Interest Blog

You have no knowledge about India and Russia strategic ties. When you come to know, you would realize that it is nearly impossible for Pakistan to go for such weapons from Russia.

5th Gen fighters, submarines, Su 30 nearly in 200+ , joint missile program, support to russian take over of crimea, space technology, BRICS. KGB has trained our agents, and not just that till now modi has not made any visit to Russia.. because this is something very important and must be done through back channels and in the end.

Because our business with Russia is something which world will see and hence has to be low profile. ;)

News makers probably got confused between Mi35 and Su 35.

Pagal kutte nei kaat lia ke?? :D
I can fully express my emotions, but please refrain yourself from committing personal attacks.....As far as not giving a F##K is concern...You guys worried to the extent that Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on October 14, 2012, during his official visit to India, talked with then-Indian External Affairs Minister SM Krishna. Rogozin had told the Indian media to “spit on my face” if Russia were to arm India’s enemies. .!!!..enjoy the links below and try to spit into the air...!!:cheers:

India closely watching Russian move to sell attack helicopters to Pakistan - The Times of India

India watches warily as Russia deepens ties with neighbors — RT Op-Edge
India fuming over Russia lifting its Pakistan arms embargo, what next? — RT Op-Edge

i do not think Russian improved relation with Pakistan is just due to market. I think they could see a strong Anti American sentiment in Pakistan which will allign their interest against US in long term. In that way Russia, Pakistan and China and to some extent, Iran and Afganistan can make a pivot against US and West in long run. Russia is targeting Pakistan for a long range objective than just selling few fighter jets.
Bro you cannot trust Pakistan on it honestly... to be aligned with Russia, pakistan needs to handle pressure from various Islamic countries like KSA and other Middle Eastern kingdoms, it is a nominal factor but , till China everything is fine but Russia "Big No" until it really benefit every western allie.. Which I do not think is the case now... it is just to accomplish short term defense sales that is it...

Histroty tells us of famous Triple A's in Pakistan. Allah Army America but the last is not anywhere in the scene... Russia aware of Pakistan shift of Interest... Infamous KSA-Pakistan issue is also one factor which you can count upon...

You have no knowledge about India and Russia strategic ties. When you come to know, you would realize that it is nearly impossible for Pakistan to go for such weapons from Russia.

5th Gen fighters, submarines, Su 30 nearly in 200+ , joint missile program, support to russian take over of crimea, space technology, BRICS. KGB has trained our agents, and not just that till now modi has not made any visit to Russia.. because this is something very important and must be done through back channels and in the end.

Because our business with Russia is something which world will see and hence has to be low profile. ;)

News makers probably got confused between Mi35 and Su 35.

Buddy these are not individual relationships, India-Russia relations are independent of relations with other countries. Open your eyes to the changing Geopolitical dynamics. You and I know, it was stated by Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov, it was an official statement, endorsed later by PAF spokesman. Both claimed it to be in negotiations phase. Had it been a confusion, the Russians would have given another statement correcting their media reports. Here is a nice article by an Indian Journalist Laitha Jishnu, The madness of spy vs spy - Newspaper - DAWN.COM
I am cutting and pasting the relevant paragraphs,

"But as a new ‘security rebalancing’ takes shape in the region, India might find itself importing even more of US military hardware than it already does. In the past decade, the US defence sales to India have crossed $ 10 billion, while traditional suppliers like Russia, Israel, France and Britain have had their deals pruned considerably.

The long romance of its relationship with the Russians appears to have all but ended with Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov saying a couple of weeks ago that Moscow considered Islamabad its “closest partner”.

That was a stunning declaration that the old order has changed forever. Russia and Pakistan signed a bilateral defence cooperation agreement aimed at strengthening military relations in November 2014 and since then the two have been negotiating the supply of the latest Russian Sukhoi Su-35 fighter jets and Mi-35 helicopters.

In a neat cementing of strategic partnerships, Pakistan’s all-weather ally and largest arms supplier, China, will be the first country to buy the formidable Su-35 which had been initially offered to India. But Delhi’s lack of interest, apparently on cost concerns, means Islamabad is likely to swing a deal.

As India and Pakistan dance with new partners in the military quadrille that both countries seem addicted to, the bill for defence purchases by both countries can only go up exponentially. All that would change is the source of defence supplies."

No one in India gives a flying fuckk about those rusty Mi 35s,be rest assured.It's the possible selling of Su 35S to PAF which has heat a nerve.

:disagree:

So, pretty much what you're saying is that the Indian Population has '0 Confidence' in the Indian Armed Forces to protect the sovereignty because of rumors that Pakistan might get a couple of Su-35s.

I thought Pakistanis had an inferiority complex.

So much for the mighty Modi and the rising power of India.

Why is Russia selling weapons to Pakistan ?

Since it has been declared that Russia is selling mi-35 hind attack helicopters to Pakistan. The deal has created a lot of buzz among common people of India, especially on social media. All with one question, 'WHY'?

Russian economy depends mainly on two industries, petroleum and defense. As western countries have put many rounds of sanctions on Russia and they being one of the biggest customers of Russian oil has adversely affected Russian economy and with that, the steep fall in global oil prices has worsen the situation. This has left one option for the Russian economy to make up for the loss in the petroleum industry and i.e. Defense. Russia can set off the losses suffered in the petroleum industry by boosting sales of a successful defense industry. Along with this reason, the defense industry has its own reason for boosting sales of defense hardware. The Defense sector in Russia employs around 3 million people which is more than 20% of the total manufacturing jobs in Russia. To keep up with supply this industry generates, it needs a similar demand which is not possible by domestic orders as Russian orders are mostly very small for this capital intensive industry to survive and hence they need exports orders.

Earlier two countries, namely China and India used to act as life savers, accounting for more than 60% of Russian defense sales. But now with development of domestic industry of China and the diversification of defense portfolios by India allowing more western and domestic weapons, Russia is already feeling the burn of it. From years Russia is desperately trying to sell all its new weaponry to India or China (for eg- su-35 and SA300 SAM) with most attempts going in vein. So Russian policy makers have now started searching new customers for its compulsive need to sell weapon to sustain its defense industry as there are lesser chances available with India and China now.

But many would ask questions as to why only Pakistan which is not only an enemy of one of its best friend India but was also directly involved against Russia in Afghanistan?

Pakistan is a very ambitious country when it come to acquiring defense products. It has always tried to match up with its arch rival India (forgetting that India's defense preparedness is based more on the Chinese factor rather than Pakistan), so it always want to acquire latest weapons. With the relationship between Pakistan and USA on the decline after the Osama Bin Laden incident and also America's new diplomatic approach towards India, USA and other western countries are reluctant in selling latest weapons to Pakistan.

This has given a perfect opportunity for Russia to sell its weapon to an always weapon hungry Pakistan. By this Russia is actually fulfilling its two objectives.

First by giving its defense industry a possible lifeline by selling small quantities of weapons to Pakistan now, which in the long term can ensure a bigger order from Pakistan which is currently dependent on Chinese weapons.

Second being a warning to India which is tilting more towards countries like America and Israel for latest he-tech weapons acquisition. In simple words, Russia is basically telling India to either 'come back to us or we will have to find a new customer and it can be your arch rival also'. So for Russia it is more of a strategic move rather than a commercial one.

For now, till what point will this new defense business between Russia and Pakistan will go will all depend on just two points. First, till what level is Russia willing to elevate defense trade with Pakistan & ignoring the risk of parting away from and economic powerhouse like India and second, what will be the Indian strategic re-approach towards Russia.
WTH.....do you really think russia is going to sell Su-35's to pakistan??? forget about pakistan....they were not ready to sell it to china. They will definitely sell some junk for cash but not these.

:hitwall:

Indians need to understand something, $. Sure Russia will lose out on $billions from India but will it? Will India after 1947-2015 of investing in Soviet/Russian hardware, training, maintenance, technology, pretty much integrating the Indian Armed Forces with Russia just overnight throw out all it's Russian hardware because of 4, thats right 4 Mi35s?

India has already integrated itself with Russia into the 5th Generational Fighter Jet. The PAKFA. The hundreds of MKIs, MiG29s, II76/78/38s, Mi35/26/8/17s, Tu-142s, Ka-31/28s of the 4/4.5th Generation will remain the workhorse of the IAF for decades to come. Do you think honestly that the Indian AirForce is going to get rid of all it's Russian hardware because of 4 helicopters. That's right 4 helicopters. Not to mention other Russian technology and hardware used by the Indian Armed Forces?

Over 4 helicopters the Indians are going to spend, lets say $100 Billion, to go on a buying spree of Western Airplanes and maintenance training to give the finger to Putin?

It's 4 Mi35s, that were sold, can you recall to who? The Pakistani Anti-Narcotics Force. Now why to the ANF? Simple, language. Russia is just reminding India that they too can diversify. And they too are allowed to sell their technology to anyone they want.

Vis-a-Visa Pakistan-India these 4 Mi35s mean nothing. They don't change anything in the Security Dilemma. The Balance of Power hasn't changed, Pakistan isn't going to be marching it's Army across the border because of these 4 Mi-35s. If Indians are peeing in their pants over them then they might as well just surrender Kashmir to Pakistan.

Get over it. Its 4 helicopters.

You're not pissed off that Russia sold Pakistan helicopters. You're pissed off that someone in the world is still willing to sell Military Hardware to Pakistan. No matter how strong India becomes either economically or politically the world isn't going to change it's mind over Pakistan Occupied Kashmir/ Azad Kashmir being part of India rather than Pakistan. The world isn't going to tolerate or allow a war to happen over 'a line in the sand.'

The borders of Pakistan and India are marked.

And aren't going to change.

Neither is the greed of the Defense Industry.
WTH.....do you really think russia is going to sell Su-35's to pakistan??? forget about pakistan....they were not ready to sell it to china. They will definitely sell some junk for cash but not these.
I hope u dis some finding before writing this...

I hope u dis some finding before writing this...

I know what i'm talking about.

Perhaps you should read my post # 23. This time read 'between the lines'.

And for fu<k sake, tell the media to grow up. Atleast have some competent individuals talk about international relations rather than movie actors and their directors.

russia is selling wepons to pakistan cause it needs money ... simple :coffee:
YOU_DONT_SAY.png

I know what i'm talking about.

Perhaps you should read my post # 23. This time read 'between the lines'.

And for fu<k sake, tell the media to grow up. Atleast have some competent individuals talk about international relations rather than movie actors and their directors.
Journalism has missed a true unbiased legend like you...

i do not think Russian improved relation with Pakistan is just due to market. I think they could see a strong Anti American sentiment in Pakistan which will allign their interest against US in long term. In that way Russia, Pakistan and China and to some extent, Iran and Afganistan can make a pivot against US and West in long run. Russia is targeting Pakistan for a long range objective than just selling few fighter jets.

Agreed thats what I said, One Belt One Road initiative is aimed at integrating the economies of Euroasian region and to check on west's creep into Russia's and China's backyard, that is the reason why the current geopolitical realignment is taking place.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom