What's new

Why is Pakistan assumed to be the only saviour of the entire Islamic world?

I think such assumptions are primarily confined to the borders and populace of the state of Pakistan.

It's a complex inferiority cum guilt complex that drives such a narrative.

Over-compensatory, as a trained psychologist would say.

A civilizational chip on ones collective shoulder, driven by the knowledge that they represent the final failure and grinding halt of an expansionist militaristic imperialism that once swept this part of the world.

All their actions and utterances and posturing is driven by this burning need for redemption ... in certain eyes.

@Joe Shearer @jbgt90 @Soulspeek @Juggernaut_is_here @ranjeet

Cheers, Doc

I'm very sure none of my many Muslim friends would like a country destroyed and its inhabitants in misery, especially if they are Muslim (to me that last religious portion would not matter, and I would feel equally disturbed and emotional if a non-Muslim were to be affected). I am very sure that Indian Muslims don't think in that way; yes, there may be resentment of the fact that every time some Pakistani makes an unwise remark, a Hindu bigot makes trouble for Muslims. It was sad to read what you said about Indian Muslims. They are loyal to India but that does not make them ill-wishers of Pakistan. That also applies to many Hindus who prefer to live and let live.

Some part of what you wrote may apply to Afghans. I am not sure and I cannot comment.

Afghan and secular Bengalis, as i said Bharati Muslims didnt got the fair chance otherwise they would prove themselves to be equal in hate if not more then Right wing parties.. i agree, they may not want us to be destroyed but they desire us to be defeated colony of countries who desire to be regional hegemons, far from being saviours.

None consider us their saviour except Pakistanis.

I have never heard of any Arab nation or any predominantly Muslim nation refer to Pakistan as any kind of saviour. Even in any war - Pakistan has never played a decisive role in turning a conflict on its head. But I could be wrong - so feel free to correct my misconception. Sure, it has a decent army and some weaponry.
Pakistan have a lot of enemies, fighting strategies should be different instead to fight in battle and on front. It is not necessary that Pakistan will interfere in each war and why? the whole world know that our enemies created a huge terrorist war in Pakistan. A day will come insha Allah that Pakistan will stand for all Muslim countries.

I have never heard of any Arab nation or any predominantly Muslim nation refer to Pakistan as any kind of saviour. Even in any war - Pakistan has never played a decisive role in turning a conflict on its head. But I could be wrong - so feel free to correct my misconception. Sure, it has a decent army and some weaponry.
Pakistan have a lot of enemies, fighting strategies should be different instead to fight in battle and on front. It is not necessary that Pakistan will interfere in each war and why? the whole world know that our enemies created a huge terrorist war in Pakistan. A day will come insha Allah that Pakistan will stand for all Muslim countries.

I thought Iran, KSA, Egypt, Turkey would have been the ones to be mentioned as the saviour of the "Muslim world" or whatever that even means. Pakistan doesn't really fit this role per se, since they are mainly focus on fighting an internal conflict (terror groups , militant groups, separatists groups, jihadists) and facing India. Pakistan doesn't get involved in Muslim world/middle East geo politics per se, which I think is a good thing for the country.

I think such assumptions are primarily confined to the borders and populace of the state of Pakistan.

It's a complex inferiority cum guilt complex that drives such a narrative.

Over-compensatory, as a trained psychologist would say.

A civilizational chip on ones collective shoulder, driven by the knowledge that they represent the final failure and grinding halt of an expansionist militaristic imperialism that once swept this part of the world.

All their actions and utterances and posturing is driven by this burning need for redemption ... in certain eyes.

@Joe Shearer @jbgt90 @Soulspeek @Juggernaut_is_here @ranjeet

Cheers, Doc

I feel genuinely depressed by the point of view that some posts have conveyed. Is this how an educated Pakistani thinks that the world thinks about him? Somebody - a Turkish member, if I remember - said memorably that Pakistan was effectively a coalition of four 'states' that had come together for an ideal and was today a living memorial to that ideal, and a successful coalition at that. It was a very attractive thought, their inveterate hostility to us apart. It is also, Doc, a defensive ideal, hence, apart from their rooted insecurity concerning the other ideal that was launched at that time, the One Nation Theory that was the basis of the Indian state by default, the Pakistani ideal had no enemies.

There is a brilliant note written by the person I mentioned, a member of insaniyat. I will try to get it to you by private mail.

Please also remember to tag @SoulSpokesman on these.

It is assumed by the people of Pakistan because since its creation the narrative has been built that we represent a fortress of Islam, our army is army of islam instead of nationalistic color we gave it unfounded religious color. There was a reason why people turned guns against the state as soon as state started targeting Al Qaida and taliban.
Its about the time, the old narrative is taken care of and a new nationalistic narrative is nurtured, supported and spread though curriculum.

I feel genuinely depressed by the point of view that some posts have conveyed. Is this how an educated Pakistani thinks that the world thinks about him? Somebody - a Turkish member, if I remember - said memorably that Pakistan was effectively a coalition of four 'states' that had come together for an ideal and was today a living memorial to that ideal, and a successful coalition at that. It was a very attractive thought, their inveterate hostility to us apart. It is also, Doc, a defensive ideal, hence, apart from their rooted insecurity concerning the other ideal that was launched at that time, the One Nation Theory that was the basis of the Indian state by default, the Pakistani ideal had no enemies.

There is a brilliant note written by the person I mentioned, a member of insaniyat. I will try to get it to you by private mail.

Please also remember to tag @SoulSpokesman on these.

They are defensive because of the reality of history Joe.

Were there to have been more of them than there are after a thousand years of ferment, you (and me) today would have seen something very different.

Cheers, Doc

Were there to have been more of them than there are after a thousand years of ferment, you (and me) today would have seen something very different.

Cheers, Doc

Would you send me mail at my Joe.Shearer.2015@gmail.com id? I have a post by one of the most balanced people on insaniyat.

No Muslim country is looked at as a saviour tbh..most of them have problems with each other..pak is only asked to help militarily when needed which might portray them to be as a saviour but in reality not

Pakistan is not the saviour of the muslim world

Last edited:

Cheers, Doc

There is some serious generalizing going on here..i would say having lived in Pakistan as well that almost No one has this view point

There is some serious generalizing going on here..i would say having lived in Pakistan as well that almost No one has this view point

Some of us still.live here.

And have lived among different mindsets ....

Cheers, Doc

90% of the Muslim world can live with the fact of Pakistan being the leader of the Muslim world,the rest dont stand a chance.
Yes brother some how, i don't know but Allah set this mind for Pakistan and may be Pakistan is created to perform some special tasks in future. Only Allah knows the best

Back
Top Bottom