What's new

Why is Indian Army more popular than IAF or Indian Navy in Internet?

Harry Potter

BANNED
Reaction score
Just checked out the page view statistics on Wikipedia:

Indian Army page has 85,000+ views in last 30 days.

Indian Air Force page has 68,000+ views in last 30 days.

Indian Navy Page has 54,000+ views in last 30 days.

Wikipedia article traffic statistics

Similarly Indian Army fan pages on Facebook are more popular than that of IAF and IN.

Can anybody tell what is the reason for this?

Becoz its the most corrupt branch so people keep searching that if
there is any unusually good news

Becoz its the most corrupt branch so people keep searching that if
there is any unusually good news

Then Gandhi family and A.Raja should have more visitiors than indian army are they having that

and y dont you change ur flag plz

I think its to do with the size of the service.. And hence there are more people who are related in one way or the other to IA

Its because of the over 1 million families involved.

Its because of the presence around the country.

Its because of them facing war like conditions everyday in Kashmir and N-E...Its the only force active in field areas.

i think army always organize rally for recruitment which are higher in no. than that of iaf and in(i never heard abt any in rally) that's why people always search for it......

Well the IA is by far the latest arm with 1.2 MILLION to the IAF's 130,000 and IN's 60,000 this means the IA's presence wrt media attention and numbers of ex or serving IA personal in society is significantly larger. Also their is a romantic Afro around ground forces the world over and I think it is the case that the armies of most nations are the ones most of the population connect with. Addtionally in India the romanization of the army is probobly more true given the conflicts India has been involved in since independence, all of them could be seen as being won by the IA with the IAF and IN playing a smaller. Secondary supporting role to the IA. Addtionally the fact that it is the case that so many more IA servicemen died than those of other services in the past 60 years and it is IA personal who still die on a regular basis serving their country means this resides within the public consciousness. The media plays this up there are but a handful of Bollywood films about the IAF or IN but the number of them about IA is substantial.

But to be fair the numbers aren't hugely off each other so it shows the other arms are doing well to get their image out there.

In all branches of Any Armed Forces,,Army always comes first in action in war times...........Army is first reaction to Enemy's Action so Every Army is very important to it's respective Armed force.

This is because its the IA which has given us all the victory and made us proud in all the Wars (or that is the perception among most people).

Be it in Dhaka in 1971 or on the heights of Kargil in 1999, people saw Army men there on the ground and not Navy or Airforce. I am not in any way saying that Airforce and Navy have a lesser role to play in these wars but common people form perceptions based on what they see and they saw the army.

In Pakistan PAF is much more popular (Pakistani member can correct me if I am wrong) because people see its their Airforce winning battles (air to air) or atleast that is the perception.

I think it is the Navy which won the war with its ability to shut the tap. Tanks nor planes can run without petrol.

Back
Top Bottom