What's new

Why is India scared of Arab?

I never said that. The OP seems to imply that indirectly in one of his posts🤷‍♂️.
Frankly, I never knew there was any form a number called Arab, for me the term sounds weird.
Dude you brought "ruling" into a thread about currency numerical values in a sub forum of "Pakistan economy"
I read the op it's pretty straightforward
Like seriously...

Dude you brought "ruling" into a thread about currency numerical values in a sub forum of "Pakistan economy"
I read the op it's pretty straightforward
Like seriously...
Check through OP's posts and see whether I brought it in. Please don't act like you are surprised🙂

Why are you people so ignorant?
Stuck in your fantasies.
Why?

There is a difference between India the region, and India the country.
You cannot claim the history, just because you have the same name, that's idiotic.

You guys are so confused, it's pathetic, no wonder you are busy killing each other, get out of your fantasies and join the real world.
And, stop spreading lies.
Lol. I am not the one who is confused. Clearly.

Clearly, you do not know.
When you peddle fantasies in place of reality, that's confusion.
:rofl:

Fundamentally, these elite Hindus are insecure. Prolonged Muslim rule has made them so. They are suffering from a chronic psychotic disorder named "Ghaznaviria". :lol:

When did Arab rule anywhere in any part of SC outside of Mo Qasim just for couple of years?

I'm certain you are already aware, but just to highlight the fact.
In India, Arabs are synonymous with Muslims and especially Islam. Islamic rule is associated with Arabs. Muslims are berated for adopting Arab names and so on, the actual Arab rule is certainly limited, but the effect of Islam on the Indian mind-set is very large and encompassing. Islam is deeply associated with Arabs and even more so among Indians, especially the Majority, which are the Hindus.

Arab as a term is part of the local language, it just happens to match the Arabs, where Islam originated. And I honestly have wondered for a long time about why it is not used.

Rather then offering a sensible discussion, all you get is silly remarks and butt hurt, which reinforced my suspicions that this term is not being used because the Indian psyche has been traumatise by Islamic rule, which is associated with Arabs, in their mind-set.

I'm certain you are already aware, but just to highlight the fact.
In India, Arabs are synonymous with Muslims and especially Islam. Islamic rule is associated with Arabs. Muslims are berated for adopting Arab names and so on, the actual Arab rule is certainly limited, but the effect of Islam on the Indian mind-set is very large and encompassing. Islam is deeply associated with Arabs and even more so among Indians, especially the Majority, which are the Hindus.

Arab as a term is part of the local language, it just happens to match the Arabs, where Islam originated. And I honestly have wondered for a long time about why it is not used.

Rather then offering a sensible discussion, all you get is silly remarks and butt hurt, which reinforced my suspicions that this term is not being used because the Indian psyche has been traumatise by Islamic rule, which is associated with Arabs, in their mind-set.

There is a speech of Bajpai, where he is referring to Sultan Mehmood Ghaznavi, in very negative terms. It is available on Internet. You have to hear it to assess the scars, these elite Hindus have on their minds, of Muslim rule. They can't get rid of it. Hence, all this Sanskritization of Hindi, changes of places names, mistreatment to Indian Muslims, enmity with Pakistan etc. etc. etc.

These things continuously remind them of their characteristic historical "khassi-pun" (impotence). :lol:

There are two systems. One is the thousand multiple. A thousand times thousand is one million. A thousand times a million is a billion and so on. The other one is multiple of hundred. Hundred lakh is crore, hundred crore in arab, hundred arab is kharab.
Indians follow the hundred multiple till crore and then onwards use any multiple. This means they follow neither system and just confuses stuff. What would they use for really large numbers? 100 laakh crore? Crore crore? 10 lakh crore crore? Lolz

That reasoning doesn't make sense, because Hindi is already India's official language and a scheduled language. Hindi terms have become prevalent across India, and it is increasingly being taught in more schools, because it is being pushed by the state..

Plus, if they can understand foreign English terms, understanding Arab isn't so difficult, since it is part of local languages and a local heritage, it's hardy an alien term.
There was no reference to numbers about crore in my school curriculum. So it can be reasonably assumed that the use of Arab and Karab may confuse people. It is easier for people to relate to 1000 crores. I think that is the more likely reason.

But if there are sinister motivations for the Indian establishment to not use Arab and Karab in the number system, then the gov. can easily borrow number notation from any of the regional languages. :cheers:

Our expected GDP size this year is ~230 lakh crores.

Or ~23 neel.

Why India doesn't use neel?

Certainly because there's a phobia of neel.

:hitwall:
What is neel?!

After immigrating to the west, I now wish that GOI will publish budget in USD terms along with INR. :laugh:

Our expected GDP size this year is ~230 lakh crores.

Or ~23 neel.

Why India doesn't use neel?

Certainly because there's a phobia of neel.

:hitwall:
Yes.. we had to do a revolution of sorts for Neel. Made Gandhijee a star.

India has a larger economy then Pakistan, therefore bigger budgets and larger amounts of currency to deal with.

Currency in South Asia is enumerated in Lakhs, Crores, Arabs and Kharabs.

Pakistan follows the normal process to numerate it's currency, so 100,000 is 1 Lakh, then the next incremental increase is a Crore, then Arab and a Kharab.

But in India, with greater amounts of currency to deal with, they are still stuck at Crores.
They never use the term Arabs, you only hear Crores in any amounts. 1000 Crores would be 10 Arab, and 10,000 Crores would be 100 Arabs.
But they only use Crores, no matter how large the figure.
Why?

The rest of the world uses appropriate denominational terms, going from a million to billion and Trillion, it makes sense.

Why doesn’t India use the term Arab?
Is there a psychological reason behind it?

@Mangus Ortus Novem @SIPRA @Indus Pakistan @Areesh @313ghazi @Sainthood 101 @Pak Nationalist
I thought maybe you guys can shed some light on this matter, I'm really confused.
Dude if you see by population india is same state as Pakistan.
Their 2 billion economy is for 130 carore. Our 364 billion formal and 300 billion informal is for 22 billion people.
We are same to same. Look how their world class health system failed them. Our somehow worked. It also goes to hard work by the government too no doubt.
Plus there is more hunger and poverty there then in Pakistan.
The issue is pakistan lacks opportunities because of terrorism and they get opertunities being usa lap dog and large market where international communities dumb their surplus and india buys their favour and gets enough tax on imported items.
India has progressed in mobile phone and IT sector yes. Our leaders in past were sleeping fast.
But now an IT revolution is underway..
And we would be 3.4 billion dollars industry now 5 billion in 2023 and 10 to 15 billion by 2028. This would revolutionise Pakistan.
Yes our graduate lacks skills but we atleast have graduates. Its not like Afghanistan or syria where we Dont even have graduates.
They had to be trained but in 6months to an year they work miracles.

There was no reference to numbers about crore in my school curriculum. So it can be reasonably assumed that the use of Arab and Karab may confuse people. It is easier for people to relate to 1000 crores. I think that is the more likely reason.

But if there are sinister motivations for the Indian establishment to not use Arab and Karab in the number system, then the gov. can easily borrow number notation from any of the regional languages. :cheers:

What is neel?!

After immigrating to the west, I now wish that GOI will publish budget in USD terms along with INR. :laugh:

Sinister plan lol

I don't think they teach those terms in Pakistani schools either, you don't tend to learn millions, billions and trillions in school in the UK either. These are used in the financial world and when mentioning large figures, for example during budgetary discussions, so one tends to learn them from society at large.

I see what you are saying in reference to local languages, But I think you are missing the point that it's the official or national language that plays a role in what definition is used nationally.

India does not have a national language, but it does have two official languages and numerous scheduled languages. Hindi is the only language that is an official language as well as a scheduled language. Since terms such as Crore and Arab are used in official parlance and in financial sector which also communicates in official languages, then only the use of Crore and Arab is logical and would make sense. That's why it is extremely strange that the term Arab is not used.

Dude if you see by population india is same state as Pakistan.
Their 2 billion economy is for 130 carore. Our 364 billion formal and 300 billion informal is for 22 billion people.
We are same to same. Look how their world class health system failed them. Our somehow worked. It also goes to hard work by the government too no doubt.
Plus there is more hunger and poverty there then in Pakistan.
The issue is pakistan lacks opportunities because of terrorism and they get opertunities being usa lap dog and large market where international communities dumb their surplus and india buys their favour and gets enough tax on imported items.
India has progressed in mobile phone and IT sector yes. Our leaders in past were sleeping fast.
But now an IT revolution is underway..
And we would be 3.4 billion dollars industry now 5 billion in 2023 and 10 to 15 billion by 2028. This would revolutionise Pakistan.
Yes our graduate lacks skills but we atleast have graduates. Its not like Afghanistan or syria where we Dont even have graduates.
They had to be trained but in 6months to an year they work miracles.

I suppose I do see what you are saying, but this discussion is about something else. It is purely about the terminologies used to describe currency denominations. And, why India does not use the term Arab, which is a term used to describe currency in larger amounts then a Crore.

Sinister plan lol

I don't think they teach those terms in Pakistani schools either, you don't tend to learn millions, billions and trillions in school in the UK either. These are used in the financial world and when mentioning large figures, for example during budgetary discussions, so one tends to learn them from society at large.

I see what you are saying in reference to local languages, But I think you are missing the point that it's the official or national language that plays a role in what definition is used nationally.

India does not have a national language, but it does have two official languages and numerous scheduled languages. Hindi is the only language that is an official language as well as a scheduled language. Since terms such as Crore and Arab are used in official parlance and in financial sector which also communicates in official languages, then only the use of Crore and Arab is logical and would make sense. That's why it is extremely strange that the term Arab is not used.
Arab is used in the Indian financial sector?! I've never seen this anywhere.

Secondly, it is strange if they don't teach millions and billions in UK schools. In India, they have up to billions in school. I don't remember if they have trillions though.

Back
Top Bottom