What's new

Why is India Reviving Insurgency in Balochistan?

The insurgency that has been around since 1947. It ebbs and wanes, runs hot and cold, but it's always there.
There is nothing like that. It's not your fault. You've been deceived by a Kutta Brahamdagh Bugti. He told your government, support me and I'll liberate Balouchistan from Pakistan. Bugti's had lost their importance after their traitor Dad died so now, this is what he is trying to do to get attention and funding from India.

once they are provided with basics,their sense of patriotism is far more then others.This is not a myth.Baloch people are more patriot to Pakistan then others.[/QUOTE]

this is my concern ..

I agree, as an Indian you know more than me. How about me knowing more than you when I'm a Pakistani and I visited the subject extensively in the last 2 years alone. There is nothing like what Modi is saying apart from a few paid kuttay like Hijra Brahamdagh Bugti.

True I am no expert on Balochistan, in fact India kept away all these years and nobody knows about Balochistan in India but the thread is about India using Balochistan narrative as a counter to Pakistan's Kashmir narrative

There is nothing like that. It's not your fault. You've been deceived by a Kutta Brahamdagh Bugti. He told your government, support me and I'll liberate Balouchistan from Pakistan. Bugti's had lost their importance after their traitor Dad died so now, this is what he is trying to do to get attention and funding from India.

What I'm saying is that Balochistan has always been a restive province for Pakistan. Sure, India may have had a hand in keeping the insurgency at a boil, but not always so. Balochistan still face an insurgency even when Afghanistan was denied to India, especially when Taliban controlled Afghanistan.

I'm just saying that instability has always been part of Balochistan and will be so, India or not.

True I am no expert on Balochistan, in fact India kept away all these years and nobody knows about Balochistan in India but the thread is about India using Balochistan narrative as a counter to Pakistan's Kashmir narrative
To some extent, it is correct. India has given nationality to Brahamdagh Bugti. They think whatever he is saying is legit and he has gigantic following in Balouchistan. However, its not the case. Balouch people consider him a traitor. India should not let a sore loser manipulate them. Tarek Fateh is another example. He gave many promises to India but nothing has been achieved. If I'm a traitor, how can I be loyal to you? Its just common sense.

Balochistan was always resistive to pakistan. Completely different to kashmir issue.

To some extent, it is correct. India has given nationality to Brahamdagh Bugti. They think whatever he is saying is legit and he has gigantic following in Balouchistan. However, its not the case. Balouch people consider him a traitor. India should not let a sore loser manipulate them. Tarek Fateh is another example. He gave many promises to India but nothing has been achieved. If I'm a traitor, how can I be loyal to you? Its just common sense.

Given nationality you say....when did this happen ?

Well the door swings both ways I can say the same about Hurriyat. The thing is India cannot liberate Balouchistan and Pakistan cannot liberate Kashmir unless one party defeats the other in a war decisively which is very difficult given both are nuclear powers. So, it's just you harm me and we harm you a stupid lose-lose for both nations. But as horus said we will keep supporting insurgency in Kashmir, so now Modi is trying to rake up Balouchistan issue, how successful or effective it would be only time can tell

What I'm saying is that Balochistan has always been a restive province for Pakistan. Sure, India may have had a hand in keeping the insurgency at a boil, but not always so. Balochistan still face an insurgency even when Afghanistan was denied to India, especially when Taliban controlled Afghanistan.

I'm just saying that instability has always been part of Balochistan and will be so, India or not.
I'll have to disagree with you. Insurgency is caused by big number of native inhabitants. For example, Kashmir. A big chunk of Muslims are against Indians. If they don't have hatred against India, they'll never agree to die and face Indian force barehanded. In Balouchistan, only Bugti tribe and its few followers are creating mess. It is not in big number. That's why it can't be called Insurgency. Yes, India is playing a role to exacerbate the unrest. However, it's not only India. Iran's hands are strained too. I don't know if you understand it or not but I gave it a try.

Balochistan was always resistive to pakistan. Completely different to kashmir issue.

Given nationality you say....when did this happen ?
If its not given then how come he can stay in India for so long? He switches between India and Dubai. Why India has opened the doors for him and closed for Pakistani actors and players? Is he not a Pakistani? Dual Standards, euh?

Well the door swings both ways I can say the same about Hurriyat. The thing is India cannot liberate Balouchistan and Pakistan cannot liberate Kashmir unless one party defeats the other in a war decisively which is very difficult given both are nuclear powers. So, it's just you harm me and we harm you a stupid lose-lose for both nations. But as horus said we will keep supporting insurgency in Kashmir, so now Modi is trying to rake up Balouchistan issue, how successful or effective it would be only time can tell
I understand that but Kashmir movement has a lot more momentum than Balouchistan insurgency. Sure, your government can try and watch for the results. As a Pakistani, I'm very satisfied with situation in Balouchistan.

I understand that but Kashmir movement has a lot more momentum than Balouchistan insurgency. Sure, your government can try and watch for the results. As a Pakistani, I'm very satisfied with situation in Balouchistan.

I agree but Balouchistan insurgency is just one chip we have, others being water and other many leverages as well

I agree but Balouchistan insurgency is just one chip we have, others being water and other many leverages as well
Well, it's not the only chip, you know it man lol. Whatever, we've in KPK is supported by India via Afghanistan. I won't blame India only, as I mentioned earlier on the matter of Balouchistan. Iran is strained as well and India is accompanying them. You're playing with all the cards you've :) We're doing the same and it won't stop. Britishers wanted us to engage with you forever on many disputes so we don't do anything to them.

Well, it's not the only chip, you know it man lol. Whatever, we've in KPK is supported by India via Afghanistan. I won't blame India only, as I mentioned earlier on the matter of Balouchistan. Iran is strained as well and India is accompanying them. You're playing with all the cards you've :) We're doing the same and it won't stop. Britishers wanted us to engage with you forever on many disputes so we don't do anything to them.

I don't know to what extent India supports Balouchistan insurgency or TTP or thugs in Karachi etc but if we are doing it we are doing it quite discretely which is the way it should be done.

I don't know to what extent India supports Balouchistan insurgency or TTP or thugs in Karachi etc but if we are doing it we are doing it quite discretely which is the way it should be done.
So this brings me to my first post on the topic. Whatever is happening in India (as there are many insurgencies), not all are supported by Pakistan. However, whatever happens in Pakistan is supported by India. They do get helping hand from Iran and Afghanistan's puppet government though.

sometimes i feel pity for the baloch people and think the government should do more and sometime i get angry of the fact that they blame the government and just wait for the government to do something why not do it themselves... why not lift themselves up i mean we have done it here where my father would tell us that they had no clothes or enough food for the winter and in even in such dire conditions they worked to improve their life..

Back
Top Bottom