What's new

Why Indians and Pakistanis Find This Ad Incredibly Moving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find it moving per say, it is a nice cheese advert.

But i do like the theme, my family know a lot of people who had to leave Pakistan due to Partition or from India into Pakistan. My Great Grandfather had one such friend named: Harish Chand Nakra, who wrote a book about the home he left behind in Mianwali titled: wichhada watan

Here is an excerpt from his book:
"Wichhada watan tey umran langhian,
bhaven wat assan miley nan
Mianwali, a dikhan jo kedhi galone
hun tak tenoon bhuley nan"

Translation
" Mianwali , my parted homeland!
Parted we were ages ago;
Never, perhaps, to meet again.
Yet, why do I miss thee so? "

I dont either, its stupid and its not that easy for people of these two countries to connect. Its not like US and Canada. We are talking about India and Pakistan here. Visa restrictions and requirements alone can discourage you from visiting each others countries. The commercial was unrealistic. Wish visiting india or Pakistan was as easy as surfing the web as shown. pshhh

I don't find it moving at all.. Its only for the older generation of Punjabis and north-west Indians who have any sentimental connection to Pakistan. For the rest of Indians, Pakistan is like any other neighboring country, but with just a lot of nuisance value.

I dont either, its stupid and its not that easy for people of these two countries to connect. Its not like US and Canada. We are talking about India and Pakistan here. Visa restrictions and requirements alone can discourage you from visiting each others countries. The commercial was unrealistic. Wish visiting india or Pakistan was as easy as surfing the web as shown. pshhh
abbe yaar, kuchh saal pehle pakistan ko hum sirf new channel se jaante the. today internet has made direct contact. everything happen with tym. so relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom