What's new

Why India needs to rethink the Rafale deal

only nuts will go for a 4.5 gen fighter with the price of a 5th gen fighter.

su35 is way superior than Rafale in every aspect, which is cheaper and maintenance friendly.

Unlike other countries, Indians value the lives of our gallant IAF pilots. Rafale is the best gift that India could give to them.

India will go for Euro fighter Typhoon instead of Rafale.............:undecided:

First the deal is done, Second, France has a history of cooperation with India. It helped India during Kargil. Third, French are easier to work with than Russia, US and EU. Typhoon is made by four different countries with parts from six. Thus, too many strings with Typhoon; it will be a liability during any war.

Last edited:
My question was why they didn't entered in our territory?:coffee:
They did. Read your war hero Cecil Chaudhry's account of what happened when they did. A couple of F-16s were sent to intercept, and fled for their lives when they were painted by the Mig-29s and their long ranged radar.:D

Here is an excerpt:

On this occasion, I gather the Indian MiG-27s did cross the LOC briefly and the local NLI commander who was having the crap bombed out of him called in desparately for support- the PAF, which had been frustrated at having to sit it out till now, saw an opportunity to bloody the IAF nose as they were reported to have crossed the LOC. Two Falcons on alert were vectored into the MiGs, but received the jolt of their lives when an IAF MiG-29 locked onto BOTH of them. They tried to break lock- but the MiG persisted, and while I do agree they could have pressed home- there were some controlling factors:
1) strict orders not to cross the LOC
2) Hell, they thought they were about to get a salvo of R-27s up their noses...as an aside, one of the Falcon pilots was a greenhorn and was pretty shaken by this experience - got razzed to death for weeks afterwards.

The cost is crazy for a stop-gap measure, especially a stop-gap measure that was needed back in 2001.

Why not invest that money in your own indigenous defence industries, imagine how happy they would be to get $30 billion. That would be the better long-term option, but many in India believe they don't have the "time" for that, given their security vulnerability in the present.

Short-termism seriously hurts the long-term prospects for their indigenous defence capabilities, but that is their choice.

30 Billion USD is the life cycle cost of Rafale, which include operating cost of aircraft and MLUs over a p[eriod of 30-40 years

They did. Read your war hero Cecil Chaudhry's account of what happened when they did. A couple of F-16s were sent to intercept, and fled for their lives when they were painted by the Mig-29s and their long ranged radar.:D

Here is an excerpt:
LOL.
ad1-k1.jpg

How is that relevant? You got the answer to your question. Now quit trolling and wasting bandwidth.
Just try to enter in our territory.BTW you were irrelevant regarding self made CEcil's account. :)

Here is an excerpt:

@janon can you gimme the link?

Just try to enter in our territory.BTW you were irrelevant regarding self made CEcil's account. :)
No, I wasn't. You asked why IAF did not enter your airspace during Kargil war, and I showed you that not only did we enter, we also gave your F-16 pilots the scare of their lives, as admitted by your own greats. It was fully relevant. You got owned - now troll on another thread.

I think Rafale is best choice for Iaf , they will make a deadly combination with Su30 ...
if india plan to go for f-35 which is again a badA$$ bird , but it will take more time to get Sqs .. IAF has to make this MMARC deal according to their priority ...

No, I wasn't. You asked why IAF did not enter your airspace during Kargil war, and I showed you that not only did we enter, we also gave your F-16 pilots the scare of their lives, as admitted by your own greats. It was fully relevant. You got owned - now troll on another thread.
You are spreading wrong information, the story behind this issue is different. BTW try to enter in our airspace again we will tell you how your mig's are superior. :)

You are spreading wrong information, the story behind this issue is different. BTW try to enter in our airspace again we will tell you how your mig's are superior. :)
They don't enter the airspace just to satisfy egos. They enter when they have a reason to enter. Hundreds of flights have been flown by foxbats all over Islamabad for reconnaisance, with PAF unable to do anything about it. These days we have satellites (tiny little artificial moons that India is so good at putting into orbit every now and then, and Pak has no clue how to) that do the job of reconnaisance, not to mention sensor loaded aircrafts of ARC that can collect data whil remaining inside our own airspace.

I don't know if you realize it, but there is no war going on. If there is, the IAF will do what needs to be done, as it did in the previous war. They won't do it simply to score points on PDF to wannabe "engineers".

Back
Top Bottom