What's new

Why India Fears Trump’s Emerging Afghanistan Approach

It's all simplistic to say that Pak can now control Afg after US pull out. No doubt that India is at a disadvantage but with NA support India will have some clout as long as they are in power. Tower if Taliban come to power AND if India engages them then there could be a different outcome. Who knows what is there on their minds. If they are engaged by all parties so then Pak could lose their clout. It's fascinating to watch with real consequences but I do not think any body on this forum can make a prediction on what will happen.

Lol.........:rofl:....NA is a minority that can barely control 20% of afghanistan with american and nato help. What do you think will happen when they start to pull out!.... :lol:

Becuase of the fast declining White population in america and the growing domestic problems there, trump is literally handing afghanistan on a platter for Pakistan to take care of. india not having a border with afghanistan, indian refusal to send troops to afghanistan when trump asked and Pakistan's immense power and influence over afghanistan has led trump to this decision. It's the most practical one that makes the most sense.

This all seems so far-fetched, but is trump making afganistan into another province of Pakistan?????.........:lol:

Only time will tell........ :lol:

India should send one of its Army Corps to shore up the NA in Kabul.. this is the only way india can maintain any sort of influence in afganistan

otherwise forget it !

Lol.........:rofl:....NA is a minority that can barely control 20% of afghanistan with american and nato help. What do you think will happen when they start to pull out!.... :lol:

Becuase of the fast declining White population in america and the growing domestic problems there, trump is literally handing afghanistan on a platter for Pakistan to take care of. india not having a border with afghanistan, indian refusal to send troops to afghanistan when trump asked and Pakistan's immense power and influence over afghanistan has led trump to this decision. It's the most practical one that makes the most sense.

This all seems so far-fetched, but is trump making afganistan into another province of Pakistan?????.........:lol:

Only time will tell........ :lol:
I will also let time tell and not shoot of my mouth. If NA is an alliance of Tajik, Uzbek,hazarda and turkmen that is about 50%. Pashtun is about 40%+. However Talib have more power because of support from Pakistan. India does have a problem with the despicablea ctivities of Taliban but unfortunately are willing to talk to them now. So let's see too.

India should send one of its Army Corps to shore up the NA in Kabul.. this is the only way india can maintain any sort of influence in afganistan

otherwise forget it !
No India should never send boots unless it is to defend its.own territory

Taliban are rabid animals. And Trump is the worst President in American history. He is withdrawing troops but will happily let Blackwater and other corporate armed troops take over. And given Taliban's history, any other attack in the West which is traced there - what will happen?

Blackwater would be the right response to Talibunnies.

No UN conventions stop them from acting against Taliban or their stooges. If Blackwater contractors suffer from a Pakistan-backed attack, nothing stops them from retaliating in a ruthless manner.

Given American interests in the narcotics and other resources in Afghanistan, I really doubt they'd ever leave. Pakistanis are just dreaming about complete US withdrawal.

otherwise forget it !

Are you nuts? We might as well mark a bull's-eye on the back of our soldiers and tell Pakistani-backed 'non-state actors' to shoot them.

No thanks.

We are not going to participate in military activities there, except training Afghan National Army soldiers.

Blackwater would be the right response to Talibunnies.

No UN conventions stop them from acting against Taliban or their stooges. If Blackwater contractors suffer from a Pakistan-backed attack, nothing stops them from retaliating in a ruthless manner.

Given American interests in the narcotics and other resources in Afghanistan, I really doubt they'd ever leave. Pakistanis are just dreaming about complete US withdrawal.

Are you nuts? We might as well mark a bull's-eye on the back of our soldiers and tell Pakistani-backed 'non-state actors' to shoot them.

No thanks.

We are not going to participate in military activities there, except training Afghan National Army soldiers.
I am completely against sending Indian troops outside india except when necessary. (eg when Maldives had a coup in the eighties). IPKF to SL was a bad move. Indian soldier in Afg would be a disaster for us and secondly it would be unethical. I think neither Pak nor india should interfere in Afg. Also Pak should not support Taliban in my opinion, they are the scum of the earth.

Also Pak should not support Taliban in my opinion

Taliban is their only hope of keeping Afghanistan in a state of ruin. Remember Afghanistan was quite a developed and socially advanced country in the 70s.

Taliban is their only hope of keeping Afghanistan in a state of ruin. Remember Afghanistan was quite a developed and socially advanced country in the 70s.
why would Pak want to keep Afg in ruin? What does it gain? Afg got ruined by USSR invading it and then the creation of Taliban by Pakistan and US to defeat the USSR. After USSR left Taliban took over with ISI help. This has only had a blowback on Pakistan.

why would Pak want to keep Afg in ruin? What does it gain? Afg got ruined by USSR invading it and then the creation of Taliban by Pakistan and US to defeat the USSR. After USSR left Taliban took over with ISI help. This has only had a blowback on Pakistan.

You have a lot to catch up on. Just scan through the Afghanistan section and the Pakistani strategic affairs thread.

Back
Top Bottom