What's new

Why India can’t sell electricity to Pakistan after all

Ḥashshāshīn;4522587 said:
This is the true Indian mentality. They never considered Indian Muslims as their own people.

Seriously:woot: then why they are not migrating to Pak like Pakistani Hindus coming to India????

I do not understand. Why are we not importing electricity from Iran? Iran seems more than willing to sell us energy. Are we afraid of the Arabs? that they might not give us 15 Billion dollars for free?

You cannot import electricity from far away Iran to your Punjab province due to transmission losses..so importing from India is the best option.

Ḥashshāshīn;4522587 said:
This is the true Indian mentality. They never considered Indian Muslims as their own people.

Lol you too need some general knowledge update. Please check my flag. I am neither an Indian nor am I a Hindu so neither my thinking is Indian or Banya Yindoo thinking.

Chinese did offer electricity at very cheap rates... and so did Iran... also Pakistan has signed an agreement with Tajikistan n krgyzstan (saw it in news)... for a thousand MWs...

For importing electricity from any nation - Pakistan would STILL have to build the requisite infrastructure that it would have to for importing Indian electricity. So it would still have to build infra to the tune of INR 700 Crore.

And importing from China is a non starter for technical reasons.

India's electricity crisis is diminishing rapidly.
During winter and monsoon, electricity consumption will be less,so at that time we can sell the additional power to Pak.
There is also an interesting dynamic here. For Pakistan, the peak hydel power production happens in summer because the glaciers melt and more water is there in rivers. In India, it is the opposite(This may change after the construction of hydel projects in J&K). So, we can connect our grids and hopefully exchange power in lean seasons. The hitch is that Pakistan should construct all the planned hydel projects(for which India is blocking funding by lenders like WB and ADB).

For importing electricity from any nation - Pakistan would STILL have to build the requisite infrastructure that it would have to for importing Indian electricity. So it would still have to build infra to the tune of INR 700 Crore.

And importing from China is a non starter for technical reasons.

A billion dollar deal for 1000 mws has been signed with central asian states... each country would contruct the infra in their countries... while afghanistan will get rent for its part...

A billion dollar deal for 1000 mws has been signed with central asian states... each country would contruct the infra in their countries... while afghanistan will get rent for its part...

And Pakistan would also be spending the amount mentioned on the required infra in its own territory regardless of where it imports from.

Back
Top Bottom