What's new

Why India can’t sell electricity to Pakistan after all

it's not in our national interests to import even 50 mw from india; it makes no sense regardless from a financial or strategic standpoint

in Pakistan - regarding energy sector, it isn't an issue of capacity...it's an issue of corruption and mismanagement

circular debt does play a role here but there are other factors as play as well

Chinese did offer electricity at very cheap rates... and so did Iran... also Pakistan has signed an agreement with Tajikistan n krgyzstan (saw it in news)... for a thousand MWs...

isnt Iranian electricity being exported via Sistan va Balochistan for some years now?

somewhere along the tune of 65-70 mW not sure of the exact number

Poor Pakistan can always do what they are best in doing, cry whine and beg in front of the Americans. If that does not work suck some Chinese lollys somebody will definitely be pleased or annoyed to throw some thing.

the indian troll speaks.....

there are more beggars in your entire country than the entire Pakistani population. Dont embarass yourself

And look who's talking! Member of an "enlightened" and "prosperous" nation. Jumma jumma do dinn huay nahin paisa dekhay, aur akkar Nawabon wali. Chall bay, rasta maap. :D

Poor Pakistan can always do what they are best in doing, cry whine and beg in front of the Americans. If that does not work suck some Chinese lollys somebody will definitely be pleased or annoyed to throw some thing.

no offence intended... since the economy is quite fragile atm ,I guess stopping arms race for a year or two might help. coz without electricity ur own home industry suffers. I heard there is a huge gas and oil base in pak offshore. y don't private industries invest on it??:undecided:

isnt Iranian electricity being exported via Sistan va Balochistan for some years now?

somewhere along the tune of 65-70 mW not sure of the exact number

the indian troll speaks.....

there are more beggars in your entire country than the entire Pakistani population. Dont embarass yourself

Doesn't matter as more than 90% of them are Muslims. Who cares??

Indians we should not about Pakistan being poor. It is disgusting for many reasons.
1) We are not rich either, we just stared to get better, still lot to be done.
2) Even if you are rich it still is bad to pull others.

On topic, India Pakistan is typical batwara gone bad in movies. You are my enemy always bypass common sense. I feel this stupidity will go down in coming generation and trust me they will think their elders were ullu ke patthe. Elders means us.

pakistan is looking for short term solution
otherwise if govt is serious pakistan has too many natural resources
e.g consider the wind corridor its 180x100km area that has strongest wind in south asia with capability to produce 70k mw..then there is huge hydro capacity over 60k mw..coal both imported and local huge resource of coal in badin and thar is another cheaper alternative then importing power than india
however we not well known for good policy makers so its pretty useless to say that any of these resources will be used by current govt

I do not understand. Why are we not importing electricity from Iran? Iran seems more than willing to sell us energy. Are we afraid of the Arabs? that they might not give us 15 Billion dollars for free?

Back
Top Bottom