What's new

Why French Rafale Fighters and Meteor Missiles Can’t Solve India’s Problem with China’s Air Force

What is IAFs counterpart to PLAAF J-16D EW variant ?

Be Chinese Naval Version or Chinese Air Force Version ! Indian Security Forces are having Upgraded Version of Equipment which are waiting for Enemy Intruders !
upload_2020-6-26_13-37-29.jpeg
air-defence-gun-deal-shot-in-arm-for-indian-army.jpg

images

95c49ebc251c6134d79fde625dd1dc86.jpg

I see all the arm dealers are hard at work to sell weapons to india:victory:

my suggestion, buy every thing, you never know what work:rofl:

For them doing Trade of Fruits & Vegetables within Union of India is impossible ! Arms Dealers !!!!!

Asked the wrong person, my bad.

You are asking the Correct Person ! First Jamming EW and then Taking out in the Air with the Upgraded Equipment ! Welcome to Hindustan !

Indians first Check Weapons which are used to Terminate the Enemy !

How can such a person become elite member of this forum?

Elite Member by Birth ! Have seen Enough since My Birth ! Allah Hu Akbar !!!

I stopped at "muh $242 million per Rafale". As always people always divide the number of aircrafts with the overall cost of the deal when the €8 billion package includes offsets (half of that cost),training,new infrastructures to induct a new type of aircrafts into the Indian air force..... undisclosed number of air to ground bombs and air to air missiles,key demands of the client regarding the integration of specific weapons and systems etc.

That must be the 10th time I post this on PDF if not more...

According to the French government,the flyaway cost of a Rafale as of economic conditions of 2014 was as follow ;

€78M for a Rafale M (Naval version)
€73M for a Rafale B (Two seater)
€68M for a Rafale C (Single seat)

As for the rest of the article it's only based on asumptions of the author ("muh it's better") and not on actual and precise comparisons between the aircrafts' armaments,sensors,EW suites,radars etc.

BTW it's futile to make an aircraft vs aircraft comparison,it's not going to be aircrafts vs aircrafts solely,look into a complete integrated inter-arms environment,fully integrated nework centric warfare,consider pilots training and skills etc. Lot of factors to take into account. Who has the edge ? Make your own thoughts.

BTW+2 I fail to see how the Chinese air force has a decisive edge over India when large part of its air fleet is composed of junk like J7/J8 and SU30s SU35s..... + copies/licensed variants of SU27/30.... the same type of aircraft India uses....

Is there a dedicated EW variant of Rafale like EA-18G Growler?

J-10C and J-20 are the trump card. China does not use them against Rafale.

Rafale's enemies are J-11 and Su-35. If J-11 and SU-35 are not effective, China will order Su-57 from Russia and receive TOT.

US Air Force has revealed to us that PL-15 cannot hit fighter sized targets beyond 70 km. It is a paper tiger.

Be careful about what yanks are telling you. You were under the impression that F16s will not be used on your sorry arse, came 27th Feb, endup doing the marketing for Lockheed martin/Raytheon :

aim120.jpg

J-10C and J-20 are the trump card. China does not use them against Rafale.

Rafale's enemies are J-11 and Su-35. If J-11 and SU-35 are not effective, China will order Su-57 from Russia and receive TOT.
How does this even make sense? If Su-35 isn't effective against India, why would you think China would ever again purchase another Russian aircraft, this time a Su-57?

China already has S400's so they must of worked out a way of destroying
them.

They have plenty of tools to take care of Indian air defense. One of them is the capability to overwhelm enemy defense with saturated strikes.

How does this even make sense? If Su-35 isn't effective against India, why would you think China would ever again purchase another Russian aircraft, this time a Su-57?

It is a personal opinion. May be uncertain and unreasonable

Yeah, but who buys a gun without bullets? No one is going to buy a rafale without the missiles or training that comes along with it. It is all part of the final cost of using the weapon. The French saw the Russians making idiots out of the Indians and tried their hand and succeeded. No one is blaming the french. Rather the Indians are to blame because time and time again they rely on just weapon systems and not overall military capability. Like you said it's not about aircraft vs aircraft and there are other factors to be considered.
They paid 2.4b$ for mirage upgrade but still no meteor no decent BVR..wonder what did they pay for

What is IAFs counterpart to PLAAF J-16D EW variant ?
Mr Pravin Swahney is shouting on top of his lungs for years on India not working on Electronic Warfare and Cyber Capability but nobody listens to him. So answering your question no India doesn't have the answer to Chinese J-16 EW jet.

The article analysis is not accurate to say the least. Rafales do have a higher thrust engine the french have developed, also Rafales biggest advantage is it's electronic warfare suite, which boasts a vast threat library, AESA radar and jamming capabilities. Any air force worth it's salt, would be able to exploit this advantage to it's fullest. Having said that, it is not just the fighter-jets capabilities that determine the outcome of an air battle. That entirely depends on an Air Force's ability to employ fight tactics effectively and be able to defeat the enemy combing all it's resources.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom