What's new

Why don't women have more rights in Muslim countries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their is no law which limits women rights....going in deep is full fledge Islamic discussion and should only be discussed with Islamic scholar in presence. And none of us is Islamic scholar.

My question is "Women rights are discriminated in every country. Then why so much pressure on world MUSLIM COUNTRIES????

their are no Muslim laws either, which deny women any right.
Infect... Islam says not getting educated is a sin and categorically say education is must for all men and women alike.
Rights towards society are fundamental to get into the circle of Islam.

i agree with u i dont blame it on any religion but on region...they are regional issues as far as south asia is concerned which can only be eradicated by education and empowerment. as far as India is considered its doing a pretty good job. but still a long way to go.:sniper:

This problem in limited to Saudi Arabia. My mother use to drive her car in 1970s in Pakistan and still drives in Canada. The Muslim women drive in other countries and we cannot take Saudi Arabia situation as a example for all Muslim women of the world.
No dude muslims are bad......If somethings happens in Indian Hindu dominated area done by Hindus its "Few bunch of illetrate morons, Not Hindus". But if something happens in Muslim country its Islam we should put to trial not the person.

And people on other thread were saying "Wanted Muslim: Dead or Alive" that there is no such thing like that.

I would say it is more of a regional and developmental issue then a religion issue. (though that does have a effect)

World_literacy_map_UNHD_2007_2008.png

I agree some holy laws says women should not get married once they are divorced.
There are even laws to burn the widows once their husband dies.
A women which give birth to a girl child is out casted.
But those are hindu laws no body can modify them.....

BTW... the stats about Pakistan are not correct.... and is false news.

I am ready to say no to any law which says women can't remarry,can't drive or vote,can't talk to male friends,should cover face, etc i hope you are with me.

I would say it is more of a regional and developmental issue then a religion issue. (though that does have a effect)

World_literacy_map_UNHD_2007_2008.png
Just a correction.....Looks like this pic is based of old statistics.

PK literacy rate is 54 % i think.....So we should be in red colors......

Their is no law which limits women rights....going in deep is full fledge Islamic discussion and should only be discussed with Islamic scholar in presence. And none of us is Islamic scholar.

My question is "Women rights are discriminated in every country. Then why so much pressure on world MUSLIM COUNTRIES????
You are right.The problem arises when there is no scope for changes to be made to decadent laws.What is written cannot be denied,but that it cannot be changed,passes a life sentence on one important part of humanity.

Just a correction.....Looks like this pic is based of old statistics.

PK literacy rate is 54 % i think.....So we should be in red colors......

Yeah it is a little old 2007-2008 rates so they probably have gone up some. Turkey is 88.7% so almost dark green.

I am ready to say no to any law which says women can't remarry,can't drive or vote,can't talk to male friends,should cover face, etc i hope you are with me.

Their are no such state laws any where as i know!
So why are we complaining of some thing which exists no where?

As far my consent is concerned i only can speak for Pakistan and in Pakistan their are no restrictions for women to become even prime minister.

You are right.The problem arises when there is no scope for changes to be made to decadent laws.What is written cannot be denied,but that it cannot be changed,passes a life sentence on one important part of humanity.
As i said going into topic is full fledge Islam discussion which should happen in presence of Islamic scholar and none of us fits that criteria. Still i'll try.

The one discrimination often pointed out is of "driving car not allowed". Its in Saudi. And its their law not ISLAMIC LAW. So dont relate it with Islam or the word MUSLIM COUNTRIES.

Yeah it is a little old 2007-2008 rates so they probably have gone up some. Turkey is 88.7% so almost dark green.
88 % is pretty good......:tup:

Proper education is solution to all problems......

It would be better if some Muslim women come up with any issues they have with women's rights in Islam IMHO.For the rest of us it is a more of a stereotypical view about Islam and women.Reality may be far drawn from it all.

It would be better if some Muslim women come up with any issues they have with women's rights in Islam IMHO.For the rest of us it is a more of a stereotypical view about Islam and women.Reality may be far drawn from it all.
:tup: :tup:

Man!

IS everybody in this world so imbecile as to not see how this world functions...

Guys, There's nothing such as women's rights, children's rights or whatever rights.

There are only two types of people in this world.

1. The rich (the have's)
2. The poor (the have not's)

throughout human history, men have committed brutal atrocities against those who couldn't protect themselves.
The weak have always been at the receiving end of the sword.

Women were the most unfortunate victims of this. Why? simple because they were weak and didn't have the power of the sword to enforce their will.

It's always been a man's world.

Throughout the world, women have been killed, raped, brutalized and what not since time immemorial.

During the earliest ages, the savages brutalized men.
During roman ages, empires brutalized each other's women.
The church, The Hindus (sati pratha etc.), The muslims (taliban, sheikhs etc). LOL it's soooooo simple. Jab jab jiske haath mein taakat aayi hai, tab tab usne auraton aur garibon pe zulm kiya hai.

It's basic human nature.

Jiski laathi uski bhains.

Hamam mein ham sab nange hain. So stop claiming this 'holier than thou' attitude. All of us have a past riddled with brutal crimes against women and the poor.

Galti chahe kisi kee bhi ho, marte garib aur auratein hee hain!

:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom