What's new

Why dont we develop millitary ties with Russia?

Russia will do whatever is in her best interest, this is true for all countries including the United States and China. It’s all business baby! no room for emotions China / Russia / US will switch alliances between India / Pakistan in a heart beat to protect its long term interest.

with all due respect, i think a more appropiate Title for the thread should have been

WHY DONT RUSSIA DEVELOP MILITARY TIES WITH PAKISTAN

:lol:

:partay:

:pakistan:

i am sorry if anyone got offended

a brief view of russian arm export

China Almos $1.5 Billion per Year
India Almos $1.2 Billion per Year

and pakistan with a potential of about $0.7 billion an year

now if cchina and pakistan can jointly pressurize russia, russian market in Pakistan wont be an option out of question

thankyou

i am sorry if anyone got offended

a brief view of russian arm export

China Almos $1.5 Billion per Year
India Almos $1.2 Billion per Year

and pakistan with a potential of about $0.7 billion an year

now if cchina and pakistan can jointly pressurize russia, russian market in Pakistan wont be an option out of question

thankyou

Strategic partnership with India and China is more appealing to both Russia and the US. The rewards of a potential partnership is much higher for both US and Russia:
- India and China is a huge market much larger than Pakistan
- Both the US and Russia have billions invested in these countries
- Access to a large pool of skilled labour

The only factor that could alter this in the US is public opinion and I believe public opinion in the US is in favour of India over Pakistan and China. Russia will only consider closer ties with Pakistan in the event that the US manages to squeeze Russia out of India. This is unlikely considering the history between these two countries.

Military ties with Russia mattered the most during the 90s when we were under sanctions and China hadn't caught up with its h/w. Today, however, the impact of not having military ties with Russia has less importance since a) sanctions by US are over (nothing for sure as they can come back anytime) but most importantly, b) China has a reasonably good military h/w which is improving quite rapidly.

That's not to say that military ties with russia are not important but perhaps not as it used to be. Personally I think ties with Russia would improve because of increased US influence on India as well as Russia would like to gain something from a potentially large market. If China will be ready to offer J-11b or something much better, I think Russia could also jump in because we are going to get it anyway.

Had we not have the JF-17 and the FC-20, acquiring blk 52+ would have been much more difficult if at all possible.

I dont think that Pak need military ties with russia when they can get everything they want from China with some minor changes in Russian tech.

Back
Top Bottom