What's new

Why Doesn't Pakistan Issue MMRCA Tender?

Dood even F-22 were crashed by US AF pilots! so the thumb rule is planes are going to be crashed, what matters most is, can u afford the crash and replace it with new one!

Because we already know whats good for us and made our choice to opt for Chinese goodies so end of discussion.

i have read sardar jee's post ... he is mentioning costs of jf17s equipment like he is project manager of jf17 :cheesy:

and I was right. wasn't I?

Please stick to topic. If you have anything to contribute please do, but stop derailing and trolling.

Exactly ... This is what I want to highlight. An evaluation in the 80's cannot be used now. Everything has changed given the frequent upgrades required to stay current.

You did not reply to the evaluation of EF, Raf, ... :azn:

it wasn't required, PAF knows whats best for it, and went ahead with it.

So that means just because PAF has been maintaining western jets for a long time its means that they can maintain another 120-200 odd jets. We are talking about MRCA deal here which will bring a total of possibly 200 jets. The PAF does not have a big enough infrastructure to maintain such a huge number of jets in addition to what the currently have or are going to have in the near future. One engine also means less power, Half of the world is not mad to prefer having their main strike jets being dual engine. The F-18 has a much better maintenance ratio than many single engine planes, so does that mean the PAF acquires that ? Please do some research before you yourself post.
where the hell you got this information, honestly man do you even think before writing:cheesy::hitwall::hitwall:

Exactly ... This is what I want to highlight. An evaluation in the 80's cannot be used now. Everything has changed given the frequent upgrades required to stay current.

You did not reply to the evaluation of EF, Raf, ... :azn:

I'm not the expert hope some senior memebers could help you.

A few years ago PN naval chief visited U.S.N aircraft carrier and he evaluated F-18, don't remember much about it but for sure if you through diffrent threads you will find the sources and complete informations.

Rafale were evaluated by PAF infect some persons in PAF loves Rafale then F-16's as stated by senior members and they also provided sources. So all that you have to do is going through diffrent threads.

EF Typoon are well evaluted by PAF and i will not mention the name of the most senior member who admit that PAF pilot was flying typoon in England although we are not interested in i, same as PAF pilot is flying J-11 for PLAAF.

As i stated i'm not the expert but read all these informations on this forum backed by credible sources and there was a strong debate on all these matters, you have to google through diffrent threads bcz it's you who need the information not me!:lol:

I'm not the expert hope some senior memebers could help you.

A few years ago PN naval chief visited U.S.N aircraft carrier and he evaluated F-18, don't remember much about it but for sure if you through diffrent threads you will find the sources and complete informations.

Rafale were evaluated by PAF infect some persons in PAF loves Rafale then F-16's as stated by senior members and they also provided sources. So all that you have to do is going through diffrent threads.

EF Typoon are well evaluted by PAF and i will not mention the name of the most senior member who admit that PAF pilot was flying typoon in England although we are not interested in i, same as PAF pilot is flying J-11 for PLAAF.

As i stated i'm not the expert but read all these informations on this forum backed by credible sources and there was a strong debate on all these matters, you have to google through diffrent threads bcz it's you who need the information not me!:lol:

Actually there's a difference between evaluation and checking out. What PAF pilots have done till date is checked out these planes and not evaluated them on all fronts. Evaluation takes time. They are put to test in various ways to check for problems and ways to overcome them.

J-11 is not flown by PAF pilots.
Typhoon was also never flown by a PAF pilot.
Rafale was also not flown by PAF pilot.
F-18 was also not evaluated.

All these are rumors. The only plane evaluated by PAF are Mirage 2000 and Gripen.

desiman
The PAF does not have a big enough infrastructure to maintain such a huge number of jets in addition to what the currently have or are going to have in the near future

Starting with the F-16 Rebuild Factory in 1972, the PAC had grown in capability, responsibility, expertise and confidence and today the factory overhauls six different types of Chinese-origin fighter aircraft and all their components. The PAC saw the Mirage Rebuild Factory come up in 1974, which now repairs, overhauls and upgrades avionics of the largest Mirage III. Kamra Avionics and Radar Factory (KARF) was established in 1989 and today it rebuilds and overhauls electronics equipment like low level radars, control, reporting centre and power generators besides, producing radar warning receivers and co-produces airborne intercept radars for F-7P aircraft. The the Aircraft Manufacturing Factory (AMF) started as a base for aviation manufacture in the country in 1975 and started manufacturing SAAB MFI-17 Mushshak aircraft under licence from SAAB-SCANIA of Sweden while the production of aerial target drones was also added to its list. The AMF also participated in the design development and co-production of the Karakarom-8 aircraft with China.

Y-12 Aircraft is operating with PAF since 1996 with only first and second line maintenance facilities. Facility for overhaul after 4000 hrs was not available in Pakistan therefore they had to be sent to China. PAF tasked PAC to undertake the overhaul of two Y-12 aircraft which was successfully completed in December 2004.

Overhaul of Alternate Mission Equipment (AME) of Mirage Aircraft was not carried out since induction of the fleet. Since the cost of overhaul by the OEM was very high, the task was handed over to F-6RF which was accomplished successfully. Establishment of the facilities had increased the operational readiness of the PAF fleet and saved considerable amount in FE.

Sri Lankan air force [SLAF] authorities requested PAC Board for overhaul of its one FT-5, three F-7 and two FT-7 aircraft. For this purpose a contract was signed on 20 February, 2002. The aircraft were inducted in April, 2003 and were handed over to SLAF after overhaul, in a ceremony on 10 march, 2005 at Sri Lanka.

Overhauling facility for C-130 aircraft propeller did not exist in the country. The propellers were sent abroad for major repair and overhaul which resulted in high un-serviceability of C-130 aircraft because of shipment time and high cost of repair. To overcome such problems, in-country propeller overhaul/repair facility was established at F-6RF. This facility was established in collaboration with DERCO USA and M/S Hamilton Sundstrand Holland. It is a great step forward to self reliance through transfer of technology and would enable reduction in propeller turn around time/ dependency on foreign vendors. The propeller overhaul facility was inaugurated by Mr Shaukat Aziz Prime Minister Islamic Republic of Pakistan on 27 February, 06. First Propeller was rolled out after overhaul on 31 March, 2006.

K-8 aircraft were inducted in the PAF inventory in 1994. The first batch of these aircraft was falling due for overhaul. Whereas the initial aircraft were sent to China for overhaul, efforts were made to upgrade the facilities at F-6 RF in order to carry out the overhaul of these aircraft locally. Overhaul of the last aircraft out of the first batch is being accomplished at F-6RF. This aircraft was inducted for overhaul in March 2006 and will be produced in March, 2007.

PAF added F-7PG and FT-7PG aircraft to its fleet during the year 2002. Each of the aircraft has a total service life of 2400 hrs, with an overhauling cycle after every 800 hrs. To cater for overhauling aspect of the fleet, a contract was signed between CATIC and PAF for setting up the facilities at F-6 RF. Apart from the financial benefits, the set up of this facility will reduce the turn around time of overhaul from 18 – 20 months to 6 – 8 months which will ensure greater flexibility for PAF and availability of more operational effort at much lesser cost. This project will also allow access to advanced technology for F-6 RF. First two F-7PG aircraft were inducted for overhaul in October/November, 2006 and will be produced in July, 2007.

Boeing Offset Project for manufacturing some of the Boeing aircraft parts is an offset of PIA’s decision of purchasing Boeing 777 aircraft. Boeing conducted a survey of the PAC facilities in this regard. After evaluation of the entire necessary infrastructure, expertise and quality system, Boeing offered transfer of technology and technical support to PAC. F-6RF was selected as a most suitable site to undertake this project. A contract of manufacturing Boeing aircraft parts was signed in Oct 2004. Four Axis and three Axis machines were inducted and commissioned. Existing infrastructure and facilities were renovated up graded and brought up to the standards acceptable to Boeing quality management. PAC obtained internationally acclaimed Boeing Quality Management System (BQMS) approval in October, 2004. Boeing Parts Production Certification’ ceremony held on 27 February, 2006 was graced by Mr Shaukat Aziz Prime Minister, Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Engine overhaul facilities of MRF have been servicing ATAR 9C & F-100 Engines since years. Expansion of scope of this setup was planned by addition of T-56 Engine overhaul programme. Establishment of the facilities commenced in November, 2003. The overhaul of first engine was completed in January, 2005. T-56 engine roll out ceremony was held on 13 January, 2005 at PAF Base Chaklala. Prime minister of Pakistan Mr. Shaukat Aziz was the chief guest of the occasion.

Project ROSE at MRF is a special Project, which is supported by Air Headquarters. In financial year 2003-04, Project ROSE was tasked by Air Headquarters to upgrade Avionics of Mirage-V EF aircraft. Rose-III modified 1st serial aircraft was displayed at Paris Air Show from 11 – 19 June, 2005. The participation in such a world renowned forum has given MRF an opportunity to effectively market its products and services in the international aviation industry.

The performance contract for sale of 20 Super Mushshak aircraft was signed in January, 2004 between PAC and Saudi Ministry of Defence and Aviation (MODA). The delivery of these aircraft was completed in January, 2006. As per the contract, PAC will also provide operational, maintenance, administrative and logistics support to Saudi Air Force for three years.

After successful transfer of technology, the serial production of K-8 front fuselage manufacturing commenced in November, 2005. First batch of serial production comprises 05 front fuselages. Two front fuselages have been manufactured and remaining 03 are under production.

Source :Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC)

You are advising others to respect senior members but before advising others perform your own duty unbiasedly and do some research b4 posting anythng ...You urself are biased and are blaming others for overpatriotism...Senior member doesnt mean that u will post anythng without any research and implement it anywhere you like

Last edited:
Senior member doesnt mean that u will post anythng without any research and implement it anywhere you like

You know what, I like your spirit. You proved your point in a nice manner. Keep it up.

Respect. :tup:

Actually there's a difference between evaluation and checking out. What PAF pilots have done till date is checked out these planes and not evaluated them on all fronts. Evaluation takes time. They are put to test in various ways to check for problems and ways to overcome them.

J-11 is not flown by PAF pilots.
Typhoon was also never flown by a PAF pilot.
Rafale was also not flown by PAF pilot.
F-18 was also not evaluated.

All these are rumors. The only plane evaluated by PAF are Mirage 2000 and Gripen.

as i mentioned this guys knows more then us :rofl:

thats a probability not a statement its mathematically possible int it

Well Sir,I am not very adept at Comparisons.But what from i have heard i mean Eurofighter has Downed Multiple Jets Single Handedly which were either better than JF or Equal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom