What's new

Why Doesn't Pakistan Issue MMRCA Tender?

PAF has been supporting Western jets, like F-86, F-104 and F-16s and they certainly weren't running them on water.

There is a reason why PAF wants a low cost plane. Low here doesn't mean the low cost of purchase but rather low cost in running and maintaining.

Cheaper Chinese support/local support and one engine meaning one jet is not as fuel thirsty as a Typhoon or F-18 or Rafale.

Seriously man, why do you even bother opening your mouth!
So that means just because PAF has been maintaining western jets for a long time its means that they can maintain another 120-200 odd jets. We are talking about MRCA deal here which will bring a total of possibly 200 jets. The PAF does not have a big enough infrastructure to maintain such a huge number of jets in addition to what the currently have or are going to have in the near future. One engine also means less power, Half of the world is not mad to prefer having their main strike jets being dual engine. The F-18 has a much better maintenance ratio than many single engine planes, so does that mean the PAF acquires that ? Please do some research before you yourself post.

Just buying the jets is not the thing, maintaining them also takes a lot of money. Even if the PAF managed to get the same amount of jets that are coming to India under the MRCA deal, the PAF would be running them on water as they would on money for fuel lol There is much more that you see behind such huge deals.

Sir Ji,We have been using Western Jets for 6 decades.I do not wish to start a fight but since your are getting restless for reply i to wish to bring to your notice that the truth is you People can't even maintain simple Russian Jets so how you are gonna manage Maintenance savvy western jets.Most likely your MMRCA would be reduced to 50-60 jets within a decade.

So that means just because PAF has been maintaining western jets for a long time its means that they can maintain another 120-200 odd jets. We are talking about MRCA deal here which will bring a total of possibly 200 jets. The PAF does not have a big enough infrastructure to maintain such a huge number of jets in addition to what the currently have or are going to have in the near future. One engine also means less power, Half of the world is not mad to prefer having their main strike jets being dual engine. The F-18 has a much better maintenance ratio than many single engine planes, so does that mean the PAF acquires that ? Please do some research before you yourself post.

Desi Shahab i think PAF wrote you a letter about their Infrastructure because you seem to be quite well informed.

Sir Ji,We have been using Western Jets for 6 decades.I do not wish to start a fight but since your are getting restless for reply i to wish to bring to your notice that the truth is you People can't even maintain simple Russian Jets so how you are gonna manage Maintenance savvy western jets.Most likely your MMRCA would be reduced to 50-60 jets within a decade.

Omg I don’t know why people cannot understand simple logic. Let me put this in simple words, If I have 5 cars and I am able to maintain them all it is good. But if now I get 20 cars and I cannot maintain all of them its bad. The PAF has maintained the western jets well but in relatively small quantity at any given point. The topic here is that whether the PAF can also have a MRCA like deal for itself, the answer NO, because its too expensive and the PAF cannot maintain such huge numbers at one point. Now the issue of the IAF maintain our jets, please be assured they are in good hands. Simple childlike accusation that we cannot maintain Russian made jets etc etc is mere finger pointing and nothing else. I am not blaming the PAF or insulting it in any way, I am just telling you a very obvious fact.

p.s. even 50-60 MRCA jets are good enough for whom they are being bought for :P

Desi Shahab i think PAF wrote you a letter about their Infrastructure because you seem to be quite well informed.

Do I need to tell you that I work with Textron which closely works with Lockheed Martin which makes the F-16. News tends to fly around in our circles. F-16’s are always a hot topic to talk about over the water coolers :P

Omg I don’t know why people cannot understand simple logic. Let me put this in simple words, If I have 5 cars and I am able to maintain them all it is good. But if now I get 20 cars and I cannot maintain all of them its bad. The PAF has maintained the western jets well but in relatively small quantity at any given point. The topic here is that whether the PAF can also have a MRCA like deal for itself, the answer NO, because its too expensive and the PAF cannot maintain such huge numbers at one point

Well sir Ji when we can have 8 Billion Dollars just for our Air force i am sure then can also provide the fuel for dual engine air craft.You don't need to be worried.

Now the issue of the IAF maintain our jets, please be assured they are in good hands. Simple childlike accusation that we cannot maintain Russian made jets etc etc is mere finger pointing and nothing else

Yeah Right...........................

p.s. even 50-60 MRCA jets are good enough for whom they are being bought for

Well at least you admitted that you are not in the league of China.

Well sir Ji when we can have 8 Billion Dollars just for our Air force i am sure then can also provide the fuel for dual engine air craft.You don't need to be worried.

Yeah Right...........................

Well at least you admitted that you are not in the league of China.

Ok now this is getting stupid so case rested, have a good night lol

Do I need to tell you that I work with Textron which closely works with Lockheed Martin which makes the F-16. News tends to fly around in our circles. F-16’s are always a hot topic to talk about over the water coolers :P

My Bad you should have told me before.After all who can know better than you whether we have the hangers and Runways for our Aircraft or not.

Ok now this is getting stupid so case rested, have a good night lol

Sir,Ji is tarha ki batay kyun kartay ho jin ka angaam sirf larai par ho.

Have a good Night or should i say good day(what time is it in Canada).

My Bad you should have told me before.After all who can know better than you whether we have the hangers and Runways for our Aircraft or not.

The PAF has a very strong technical background and its maintenance record is impressive. But a deal like MRCA is a totally different ball game. My recommendation would be to stick with that they good at and not try to indulge in tit for tat ideology with the IAF which is a far bigger organization in terms of resources available. The PAF is better off focusing on the J-10 and trying to ramp up the JF-17. More jets only mean more work which is not something that the PAF should try to do.

The PAF has a very strong technical background and its maintenance record is impressive. But a deal like MRCA is a totally different ball game. My recommendation would be to stick with that they good at and not try to indulge in tit for tat ideology with the IAF which is a far bigger organization in terms of resources available. The PAF is better off focusing on the J-10 and trying to ramp up the JF-17. More jets only mean more work which is not something that the PAF should try to do.

Umm, looking at the speed with which you can choke up the Defence forum, i assume you are here to spam, aren't you?

Even IAF doesn't have the infrastructure required to upkeep the MMRCA jets, say if they are 126 in number or 200. Infact other a few squadrons of Mirage 2000 you don't have much experience in any case. PAF fares far better.

When we didn't have F-16s, but bought them, we upgraded the infrastructure. You acquire the plane and then invest in keeping it up. For example the new Jacobabad Airbase where PAF is positioning the F-16s is already in the process of absorbing the new jets.

Even the 250+ induction of JF-17 brings upon logistical nightmares for the fact that they replace the French/Chinese Planes which are not in the same league. But the PAF upgraded the infrastructure. Plus if MMRCA needs such huge infrastructure requirements, why would go for one? Let alone i Don't even understand the logic of the IAF pitting lighter weight aircraft like F-16 and Gripens against heavier dual engine/dual seater ones like F-18 and Typhoon and Mig 35, but then who are Indians to make logic for the fact that they were able to crash land the newest of their aircraft recently.

Hope that doesn't happen with the Western jets!

Sheesh man, you seriously need to stop posting shyt here.

read the line right after it, i wrote it in context to that not in a demeaning way.

Sir Ji,I Doubt your Intentions.When we can pay 8 billion Dollars for just Avionics and Missiles how you think that we can't pay for the fuel.

We Pakistani's are poor and also take AID(Which is more of a bribe for our leaders although i don't expect you to believe it)but we are not that poor as some People think.

Umm, looking at the speed with which you can choke up the Defence forum, i assume you are here to spam, aren't you?

Even IAF doesn't have the infrastructure required to upkeep the MMRCA jets, say if they are 126 in number or 200. Infact other a few squadrons of Mirage 2000 you don't have much experience in any case. PAF fares far better.

When we didn't have F-16s, but bought them, we upgraded the infrastructure. You acquire the plane and then invest in keeping it up. For example the new Jacobabad Airbase where PAF is positioning the F-16s is already in the process of absorbing the new jets.

Even the 250+ induction of JF-17 brings upon logistical nightmares for the fact that they replace the French/Chinese Planes which are not in the same league. But the PAF upgraded the infrastructure. Plus if MMRCA needs such huge infrastructure requirements, why would go for one? Let alone i Don't even understand the logic of the IAF pitting lighter weight aircraft like F-16 and Gripens against heavier dual engine/dual seater ones like F-18 and Typhoon and Mig 35, but then who are Indians to make logic for the fact that they were able to crash land the newest of their aircraft recently.

Hope that doesn't happen with the Western jets!

Sheesh man, you seriously need to stop posting shyt here.

Your new here so learn to respect other forum members first. Your whole post is senseless and is blinded by a mix of Patriotism and Hate. Please research the MRCA deal before you question the decisions of the MOD. Don’t not compare the JF-17 with any of the jets in the MRCA deal, they are totally different identities. Mind you language and don’t post about something you have no idea about.

Sir Ji,I Doubt your Intentions.When we can pay 8 billion Dollars for just Avionics and Missiles how you think that we can't pay for the fuel.

We Pakistani's are poor and also take AID(Which is more of a bribe for our leaders although i don't expect you to believe it)but we are not that poor as some People think.

common you must be joking, 8 billion dollars, where are you getting this figure from ? Pakistan's whole defense budget is 7.8 billion ? The avionics deal is worth 1.2 Billion not 8 billion meri jaan. I have never said anything about being poor etc etc don’t put words in my mouth lol

Back
Top Bottom