What's new

Why does Vietnam lag so far behind China, despite similar cultures and political systems?

Most of the FOB Chinese get make fun of in school and now they seek revenge for that. It's a coward way to approach yourself to overcome their insecurities. They can't help it. But not the Vietnamese. We got pride. People respect us because we don't get intimidated by anyone.

lolwut you have shit for pride. Where's your world famous athletes? Everyone knows Yao Ming and Jeremy Lin, who the **** knows... shit, I don't know a single Viet athlete. Where's your world famous scientists? they don't exist.

That can explain why Chinese live in the U.S longer than Vietnamese but they have little to none influence on local and state government. Viet and Chinese mentally big gap different as you rarely see the Viet living in host country that show disgrateful behavior to its host.

The typical Chinese in U.S as I see either isolate themselves mentally worshiping their mainland government like terrorrists or Chinese that totally throw away their culture and root by trying to be black and white.

The Vietnamese keep the culture, promote our culture while at same time show appreciation to host country and host culture.

lmao you are a joke. I don't know any Vietnamese Americans who listen to whatever the **** music your country produces, but I know plenty who listen to Jay Chou and JJ Lin.

lol, try to say this in front of @Martian2, the guy is a real US patriot.

To hope a WWIII nuclear Apocalypse between the US and China isn't the real patriotism, but the suicidal stupidity.

The US and China share far more common interests than you think, and stop reading the comments from those inbred Teabaggers. Those guys are losers and will always remain as the bottom feeders of the US society. The US corporations are doing what according to their needs, not listening the 24/7 anti-China tirades from those losers.

@Martian2 is a real smart patriotic Chinese-American as he knows that would serve the US national interests the most.
William Hung is probably another false-flagging Indian, Vietnamese, or Pinoy living in the West.

They like to raise the "treason" argument. Anyone that does not blindly subscribe to a rabid anti-China view is automatically labeled a traitor.

This form of stupid McCarthy-reasoning has been discredited. Any intelligent person understands that a military confrontation between the US and China risks a thermonuclear war.

In 1967, China exploded its first 3.3 megaton thermonuclear bomb. China had 48 years to prepare for a thermonuclear war with the United States. I guarantee that China has a lot more than just 20 ICBMs.

Any moronic warmonger that brings up the patriotism issue is merely a radical neo-McCarthyist. Rational people like myself understand the difference between a little politics and real warfare. Real war results in quick escalation. Unless you enjoy being dead in a thermonuclear fireball, I suggest everyone consider the patriotic live-and-let-live approach.

By the way, everyone has a stake in US-China relations. The nuclear fallout means everyone dies in the four-year nuclear winter when the sun is blotted out by the nuclear dust.

Not for long. Its wrong that CCP takes the center spot light for China or rather East Asias development.
The Japanese had need to invest in SK and China after the 70 and 80s for political and economic reasons.
Economically though the shift is being made towards the other Asians nations especially when now looking for returns. So prosperity is a matter of location location and location. Eventually it'll go to Africa as we already see Asian nations especially China using its over capacity in infrastructure to b.
Politically, China is becoming isolated especially with its aggressive approach to diplomacy. Also sanctions from the 90's are still have effects.
Vietnam for all reasons can and will develop faster and sooner than China. I certainly believe this since smaller nations are better at management.

Isolated? Compared to when? That's how I know you are an idiot. China today is the complete opposite of an isolated Mao's China. China is global and outwards looking with partnerships all over the world.

Isolated? Compared to when? That's how I know you are an idiot. China today is the complete opposite of an isolated Mao's China. China is global and outwards looking with partnerships all over the world.

Source: Why does Vietnam lag so far behind China, despite similar cultures and political systems? | Page 11
Your calling me an idiot? Compared to when? IDK like the 80s when America needed China and Taiwan was on leash and SK and Japan had to please China for good relations and had american keen on developing relations.
Do you read history?
Cause after 1989, the Americans and Europeans put military sanctions on China. Hence why China sends out a lot spies expeically in 90s frustrating Def Expo shows.
Its isolated in comparison to the 80s, yes. This is also a result of CCPs bad foreign policy. But it could be worse.
China is global and outwards looking with partnerships all over the world.

Source: Why does Vietnam lag so far behind China, despite similar cultures and political systems? | Page 11
Yea, except the others don't want China or China alone. Business is business but as far as diplomacy is concerned the CCP pushes money more often than good will.

lolwut you have shit for pride. Where's your world famous athletes? Everyone knows Yao Ming and Jeremy Lin, who the **** knows... shit, I don't know a single Viet athlete. Where's your world famous scientists? they don't exist.

lmao you are a joke. I don't know any Vietnamese Americans who listen to whatever the **** music your country produces, but I know plenty who listen to Jay Chou and JJ Lin.

haha, you talk like a hurting child begging for attention and seeking for approvals. That my friend is insecurity. You're confused of the word "pride" with the word "ego".

This is what you are.

Ego, Insecurity, and the Destructive Narcissist | Psychology Today

"The bully's ego is artifice. His arrogance is a hollow confidence. His condescension is a need to belittle. His rage is a need to control. This ego for him is a fragile thing, driven by fear and narcissism, not by power, nor by the power he wishes so desperately to possess. In fact, the bully is actually quite powerless, for he is only as powerful as the power we give him. He feeds on our fear, but his hunger is driven solely by his own."

You're not Jay Chou, Jacky Chan, Jet Li, or JJ Lin, you're a nobody. It's not too late to change your attitude and behavior. Keep doing this and you'll be sorry for the rest of your life. Just my two cents. :enjoy:

PS. I charge people hundreds of dollars for my advice. You get it for free because I was like you.

Last edited:
lol, try to say this in front of @Martian2, the guy is a real US patriot.

To hope a WWIII nuclear Apocalypse between the US and China isn't the real patriotism, but the suicidal stupidity.

The US and China share far more common interests than you think, and stop reading the comments from those inbred Teabaggers. Those guys are losers and will always remain as the bottom feeders of the US society. The US corporations are doing what according to their needs, not listening the 24/7 anti-China tirades from those losers.

@Martian2 is a real smart patriotic Chinese-American as he knows that would serve the US national interests the most.
William Hung is probably another false-flagging Indian, Vietnamese, or Pinoy living in the West.

They like to raise the "treason" argument. Anyone that does not blindly subscribe to a rabid anti-China view is automatically labeled a traitor.

This form of stupid McCarthy-reasoning has been discredited. Any intelligent person understands that a military confrontation between the US and China risks a thermonuclear war.

In 1967, China exploded its first 3.3 megaton thermonuclear bomb. China had 48 years to prepare for a thermonuclear war with the United States. I guarantee that China has a lot more than just 20 ICBMs.

Any moronic warmonger that brings up the patriotism issue is merely a radical neo-McCarthyist. Rational people like myself understand the difference between a little politics and real warfare. Real war results in quick escalation. Unless you enjoy being dead in a thermonuclear fireball, I suggest everyone consider the patriotic live-and-let-live approach.

By the way, everyone has a stake in US-China relations. The nuclear fallout means everyone dies in the four-year nuclear winter when the sun is blotted out by the nuclear dust.

Firstly, I have already said in this thread that I am a Vietnamese, which shows that you (martian2) dont read or think before you write.

Secondly, how could I be a “false-flagger” when I have no flags? This shows your lack of analytical skills.

Finally, I have not talked a single thing about any US-China war or conflict so I’m not sure why both of you have made those long rant about it?o_O

Very very strange replies from yous.

Firstly, I have already said in this thread that I am a Vietnamese, which shows that you (martian2) dont read or think before you write.

Secondly, how could I be a “false-flagger” when I have no flags? This shows your lack of analytical skills.

Finally, I have not talked a single thing about any US-China war or conflict so I’m not sure why both of you have made those long rant about it?o_O

What's up home boy? My Hung buddy!

Funny that most Chinese members here who aren't really proactive for war with the US or any other countries, yet we are being labelled as "warmongers".

Just read my comments above, I did suggest that to reconcile the relationship between CPC and VCP, while @Viet keeps insisting his warmongering fantasy that Vietnam should join the anti-China club set by those neocon hawks at any cost.

China is as strong as the US, yet we don't really support the warmongering attitude.

Just look at those anti-China trolls, if they got China's power, then those guys all have the potential to be the new Hitler or the Japanese militarists who would cost the live of billion in favor of their warmongering fantasy.

The Chinese members here are not really warmongers, we are just keen to defend our nation's sovereignty.

The real warmongers here are the anti-China trolls who worship the neocon doctrine.

Wait, is that what you consider pride?

Pride in this thread obviously means pride in yourself, not pride in the achievements and status of other people. When talking with girls do you try to impress them by saying, hey do you know Yao Ming? yea, him and I are both from China. You know Jeremy Lin and Jay Chou? yea, we are all from...uh I mean we are all Han Chinese. lol and in your head you are probably thinking, yep this girl is now going to think I’m dammmmn impressive.

What's up home boy? My Hung buddy!

Just listening to my favorite Chinese singer:

...I belieb I can fly, I belieb I can douch the sky, I thinka bout it ebry night and day...spread my wings and fly away.

Wait, is that what you consider pride?

Pride in this thread obviously means pride in yourself, not pride in the achievements and status of other people. When talking with girls do you try to impress them by saying, hey do you know Yao Ming? yea, him and I are both from China. You know Jeremy Lin and Jay Chou? yea, we are all from...uh I mean we are all Han Chinese. lol and in your head you are probably thinking, yep this girl is now going to think I’m dammmmn impressive.

Just listening to my favorite Chinese singer:

...I belieb I can fly, I belieb I can douch the sky, I thinka bout it ebry night and day...spread my wings and fly away.

lol, I love day dreaming everyday. Did you know that you can poke someone's blood pressure from 20,000 km away without touching them? It's amazing.

Did you know William Hung had parkinson's disease? Is there a cure for it now?

Well, just read the comments from @Viet, he openly admitted that he wants to see a military conflict between the US and China, and the VCP should support the anti-China/pro-West faction at any cost according to him.

You guys may have some personal issues, but when it comes to China, you guys all pretty much have the same stance.

Funny that most Chinese members here who aren't really proactive for war with the US or any other countries, yet we are being labelled as "warmongers".

Just read my comments above, I did suggest that to reconcile the relationship between CPC and VCP, while @Viet keeps insisting his warmongering fantasy that Vietnam should join the anti-China club set by those neocon hawks at any cost.

China is as strong as the US, yet we don't really support the warmongering attitude.

Just look at those anti-China trolls, if they got China's power, then those guys all have the potential to be the new Hitler or the Japanese militarists who would cost the live of billion in favor of their warmongering fantasy.

The Chinese members here are not really warmongers, we are just keen to defend our nation's sovereignty.

The real warmongers here are the anti-China trolls who worship the neocon doctrine.

What is here in China ? What Chinese warmongers do in internet in China, was permitted by Chinese government ?

ke%2Bhoach%2BA.jpg

lol, I love day dreaming everyday. Did you know that you can poke someone's blood pressure from 20,000 km away without touching them? It's amazing.

Did you know William Hung had parkinson's disease? Is there a cure for it now?

What? He has parkinson disease? No way, that is so sad...he is one of the few charismatic Chinese singer that dared to trial for American Idol.

Well, just read the comments from @Viet, he openly admitted that he wants to see a military conflict between the US and China, and the VCP should support the anti-China/pro-West faction at any cost according to him.

You guys may have some personal issues, but when it comes to China, you guys all pretty much have the same stance.

But why quote me? I never said in this thread that Chinese-american members should be rooting for US war against China...so not sure why you and martian2 was ranting about it.

This is the past.

So don't blame China for shattering your imperialistic ambition to conquer the entire Indochina.

Being passive aggressive doesn't make you a tiger, brah.
You don't call yourself a tiger, unless you are a hunter. Similarly, don't call yourself a superpower unless you can throw in some power. Wooot! :azn:

@William Hung
@Nihonjin1051

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom