What's new

Why does Vietnam lag so far behind China, despite similar cultures and political systems?

This is the past.

So don't blame China for shattering your imperialistic ambition to conquer the entire Indochina.

You can not deny real intention of China to dominate in to south. SCS dispute is first step of China's ambition is called " China dream"

What? He has parkinson disease? No way, that is so sad...he is one of the few charismatic Chinese singer that dared to trial for American Idol.

But why quote me? I never said in this thread that Chinese-american members should be rooting for US war against China...so not sure why you and martian2 was ranting about it.

I know that's the rumors I got from people. I had no idea he had parkinson's disease until now. I thought he was perfectly fine before. :patsak:

I know that's the rumors I got from people. I had no idea he had parkinson's disease until now. I thought he was perfectly fine before. :patsak:

You must be blind. That guy William Hung was 'retarded' and goofy looking, that's the only reason he got the audition. He's a laughing stock. When was the last time a normal decent looking Asian-American / Chinese-American was promoted by the American mainstream media ? They will show you only goofballs like William Hung to represent Asian/Chinese.

Last edited:
You can not deny real intention of China to dominate in to south. SCS dispute is first step of China's ambition is called " China dream"

China and Vietnam had already set the land border dispute with a peaceful treaty since 1996.

China is merely defending its own national interests in the SCS, and you cannot label as the invader who wants to encroach your land.

I was trying to discuss how China and Vietnam could have done the same for the SCS, but your buddies don't want to listen, and they are willing to jump into the permanent anti-China bandwagon at any cost.

You must be blind. That guy William Hung was 'retarded' and goofy looking, that's the only reason he got the audition. He's a laughing stock. When was the last time a normal decent looking Asian-American / Chinese-American was promoted by the American mainstream media ? You only gets goofballs like William Hung.

Those funny Viets, when the US media is making fun of Chinese, and it does automatically include other East Asian people as well as a whole race.

But maybe it doesn't really matter for them as a dog always loves to get kicked in the head by its master.

Thats really sad if indeed true. Ive only read his wiki and it say he is now working as a crime analyst or something.

You must be blind. That guy William Hung was 'retarded' and goofy looking, that's the only reason he got the audition. He's a laughing stock. When was the last time a normal decent looking Asian-American / Chinese-American was promoted by the American mainstream media ? You only gets goofballs like William Hung.

Don’t be hating. You are only thinking that because you are insecure...i.e. fear of how appearances are judged by other people.

As for William Hung himself, he made money, he made albums, he made fame...he does not care what haters think. And until now, he said he has no regret.

Firstly, I have already said in this thread that I am a Vietnamese, which shows that you (martian2) dont read or think before you write.

Secondly, how could I be a “false-flagger” when I have no flags? This shows your lack of analytical skills.

Finally, I have not talked a single thing about any US-China war or conflict so I’m not sure why both of you have made those long rant about it?o_O

Very very strange replies from yous.
I'm a Taiwanese-American. I've been an American citizen for 30 years.

It's pretty insulting for a Viet to accuse an American citizen of ethnic Chinese descent of being disloyal.

You Vietnamese wimps are looking for someone else to fight your wars. If you want to fight China, go ahead. Stop hiding behind Uncle Sam. The United States will not fight your wars for you.

No matter how much you try to disparage Chinese-Americans, Vietnam will have to face China alone.

Also, the US issues the most visas to Chinese students. They also have a 10-year visa program for Chinese. These kind of benefits are not available to Vietnamese. The US doesn't want Vietnamese students (because you guys are none too bright) and you Viets are too poor to visit the US.

In conclusion, your anti-China diatribes have no effect in the real world and you really need to stick to the issue under discussion. Your personal attacks against Chinese-Americans are futile.

Don’t be hating. You are only thinking that because you are insecure...i.e. fear of how appearances are judged by other people.

As for William Hung himself, he made money, he made albums, he made fame...he does not care what haters think. And until now, he said he has no regret.

Just look at this guy, we are proud of his achievement, and he literally worth more than a million good looking celebrities.

We pick him over William Hung as our national representative, yet you think we are still insecure about our appearance?

jackma.jpg

Last edited:

I thought I was blind for a moment until someone pointed out that he had parkinson's disease. Which was weird. :cuckoo:

It's pretty insulting for a Viet to accuse an American citizen of ethnic Chinese descent of being disloyal.

You Vietnamese wimps are looking for someone else to fight your wars. If you want to fight China, go ahead. Stop hiding behind Uncle Sam. The United States will not fight your wars for you.

No matter how much you try to disparage Chinese-Americans, Vietnam will have to face China alone.

Also, the US issues the most visas to Chinese students. They also have a 10-year visa program for Chinese. These kind of benefits are not available to Vietnamese. The US doesn't want Vietnamese students (because you guys are none too bright) and you Viets are too poor to visit the US.

In conclusion, your anti-China diatribes have no effect in the real world and you really need to stick to the issue under discussion. Your personal attacks against Chinese-Americans are futile.

I think you're lost, most people aren't anti-China. They are against China's expansionism which has no base in terms of international law. There are people that are hardcore anti-China, anti-VIet, etc. We call these people skin head and the KKK.

Again, Vietnam is poor because of the VCP. Thanks to China, it now doing something about itself.

Last edited:
China and Vietnam had already set the land border dispute with a peaceful treaty since 1996.

China is merely defending its own national interests in the SCS, and you cannot label as the invader who wants to encroach your land.

I was trying to discuss how China and Vietnam could have done the same for the SCS, but your buddies don't want to listen, and they are willing to jump into the permanent anti-China bandwagon at any cost.

Base on rule of international law and history evident, Paracel and spratly does belong to Vietnam. China invaded in to Islands of Vietnam is first step. We do know well about your real intention. We have to know who is a real enemy. We dont listent to lying and fabrication. To work with people in the world to stop aggression of China in our sea, it is our right.

Again don’t know why you are making these irrelevant rant here, it probably only reveals your subconcious mind

As for my comments about Chinese-Americans...I was referring to the Chinese members that fly US or Canadian flags (e.g. citizen or residents). And it is commonly observed that a lot of Chinese members, even the ones that live in the west, tend to be hostile against or insult the west like I said. There are plenty of examples.

In fact, a mod recently opened a thread about this China-US flaming issue between PDF members.

Again don’t know why you are making these irrelevant rant here, it probably only reveals your subconcious mind

As for my comments about Chinese-Americans...I was referring to the Chinese members that fly US or Canadian flags (e.g. citizen or residents). And it is commonly observed that a lot of Chinese members, even the ones that live in the west, tend to be hostile against or insult the west like I said. There are plenty of examples.

In fact, a mod recently opened a thread about this China-US flaming issue between PDF members.

My friend, if you're confused as to why he behaved that way. The root stems from his insecurity and the need to be better and belittle someone. Just remember that. ;)

Over the time, most Chinese members including me are learning how to become more mature and pragmatic, and we don't rely the angry youth attitude to express ourselves anymore.

CPC is truly a patriotic government for Chinese, but they do also understand that the true patriotism needs to be sustained by the pragmatism, and the radical ultra-nationalism cannot be sustainable for a long term. They also learn the mistakes from the past.

This time, CPC is giving a push to KMT in order to avoid the future possible military escalation with Taiwan.

CPC is also serious and genuine to solve the border issue with its neighboring countries.

China will keep thriving under CPC's pragmatic policy.

But the frustration coming from those anti-China trolls is totally understandable as a further developed China has literally driven these guys insane, and they cannot be reasoned anymore.

Just look at this guy, we are proud of his achievement, and he literally worth more than a million good looking celebrities.

We pick him over William Hung as our national representative, yet you think we are still insecure about our appearance?

View attachment 271812

Read the post I was quoting, he called William as being “goofy” looking and somehow “decent looking” Chinese never get promoted by mainstream media. That just show his obsession and insecurity about appearances.

Confident people should not need to worry about that.

But there is one Vietnamese member here (Valkryie) who is obsessed about that issue, and I have also described him as being insecure, so dont call me biased. BTW, he has just created another thread, so you can go and talk to him. I have to log out now.

My friend, if you're confused as to why he behaved that way. The root stems from his insecurity and the need to be better and belittle someone. Just remember that. ;)

Amen!

Read the post I was quoting, he called William as being “goofy” looking and somehow “decent looking” Chinese never get promoted by mainstream media. That just show his obsession and insecurity about appearances.

Confident people should not need to worry about that.

But there is one Vietnamese member here (Valkryie) who are obsessed about that issue, and I have described him as being insecure. BTW, he has just created another thread, so you can go and talk to him. I have to log out now.

With the deliberate intention to discredit the Chinese people will not be welcomed with our gratitude.

You cannot deny that the US media was intentional to make this guy a stapled stereotype to represent the Chinese people, it is obviously a discredit.

If you use Jack Ma as our representative, then we would have no problem with that, even he is physically unattractive.

You idiots are constantly spouting extreme anti-China propaganda.

It is not a surprise that some of the Chinese members are fighting back.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom