What's new

Why does Pakistan SC keeps citing Indian SC for big judgements ?

I think the big question is whether PM , president enjoys immunity till they sit at their office from the court punishments.

Not even close, not the present Indian constitution anyway , it borrows from everywhere ( bulk of the original is from the US ). Not to mention, the complete absence of sharia.

It will be a very pleasant day when think tanks actually learn to think before they speak.

The basic laws of India and Pakistan are nothing but an improvement made by the respective governments to suit their needs. Penal Act, Contract Act, Property Act are more or less same (in principle).

Fatman was very correct in his statement.

Most of our major laws are of British Origin and you can find similar laws in Pakistan and Bangladesh.

How about an Indian Liar....i mean lawyer?? :Mrgreen:

Are u the "LIAR" i meant Lawyer..?????

:offtopic:

I think We need a Lawyers on PDF representing there side on PDF...........Whenever Trolling reach Impasse it must be Subjected to Law...
Mod just handover Pink slip without Listening to Affected parties which is Frankly speaking "Barbarism" on PDF ..

I condom this Barbarism:D
:lol:

Are u the "LIAR" i meant Lawyer..?????

:offtopic:

I think We need a Lawyers on PDF representing there side on PDF...........Whenever Trolling reach Impasse it must be Subjected to Law...
Mod just handover Pink slip without Listening to Affected parties which is Frankly speaking "Barbarism" on PDF ..

I condom this Barbarism:D
:lol:

PDF is in a state of Emergency. Your rights have been taken away by the Mods :P

this is just like the case where younger brother looks to the older brother for guidance.

So my question is as to why Pakistan SC keeps Indian SC for giving out big judgements. Both countries have their own penal codes. What's the need for Pakistan SC to use Indian judgements as justification ?

Because all of Indian institutions are more mature and stable than Pakistani ones. And since almost all institutions of both are derived from British ones, Pakistan SC can look to SC of India for guidance as SC of India has been asserting its authority for long in India.

Its no biggie, SC of India also cited British legal judgements some decades back as precedents.

Both countries uses the same penal code IPC 1860 (Known in Pakistan as Pakistan Penal code 1860). Plus both uses the same legal system. In Pakistani court they also cite British judgements etc.

And it is true that Indian legal system is quite mature as compares to Pakistani because of too much military intervention in our system

I think the big question is whether PM , president enjoys immunity till they sit at their office from the court punishments.

IMHO, i think they should enjoy it, as long as they hold the TOP posts, they should not be made answerable to the judiciary as such, there is a great risk of anarchy coming to a particular country if there PM/President are arrested & send to jail, this doesn't give a good picture of a nation in front of the world, we have seen it ourselves, that when Indira Gandhi was accused of fraud by Allahabad HC, than she declared emergency, even if she would have left the job of PM than there was a great risk of an anarchy in India at that time. In case of Pakistan 3 PMs in just 7-8 months is not a joke, the whole credibility of the GOP will be at a stake here.

But this doesn't mean that these top persons should be given a FREE HAND, first step to avoid corrupt leader would be that the majority party themselves select an incorruptible leader (eg. MMS) but in case of Pakistan many say that Mr. Zardari selected Mr. Raja only to see this day, second step would be, if they face a serious corruption charges, PM/President's should themselves resign on moral ground & let the Judiciary decide.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom