What's new

Why does India keep renaming their cities?

Truth hurts doesn't it?... Hence need to use straw man to make one feel comfortable with pain staking reality.

Change the name of your cities to be more "Indian", but change your skin color to be more "White". Peasantry fashion.

Truth hurts doesn't it?... Hence need to use straw man to make one feel comfortable with pain staking reality.

Change the name of your cities to be more "Indian", but change your skin color to be more "White". Peasantry fashion.

Rip on America all day long but don't refuse their money.

^ Zardari doesn't "rip" on US nor refuses money.

it's their country, humein kya.....

actually, there are some Pakistani cities whose names I think should be changed too.....

Yeah actually we've in Pakistan places named from hindu origin should be changed people can't pronounce well.

I think its good that India is renaming its cities. Every country should be proud of its own culture and history. Pakistan also has cities whose names we have have changed e.g. Lyallpur to Faisalabad (Lyall was some British guy). Another city whose name we should change is Jacobabad.

I understand that after 1947, India wanted to change the names kept by the British colonialists, & rename them according to their "Sanskritized Hindi roots" or something along those lines. But still, it becomes quite irritating about how they changed so many names:

There is no such thing as sanskritized hindi. Hindi comes from sankrit.

And the reason for changing the names is to revert them back to their original names.

It seems Pakistan has taken an opposite route. They have renamed Lyallpur(named after a british colonialist) to Faisalabad(named after arab king(colonial!) ).

There is no such thing as sanskritized hindi. Hindi comes from sankrit.

And the reason for changing the names is to revert them back to their original names.

It seems Pakistan has taken an opposite route. They have renamed Lyallpur(named after a british colonialist) to Faisalabad(named after arab king(colonial!) ).

Pakistan also has cities called Jacobabad & Abbottabad.

Pakistan also has cities whose names we have have changed e.g. Lyallpur to Faisalabad (Lyall was some British guy). Pakistan also has cities whose names we have have changed e.g. Lyallpur to Faisalabad (Lyall was some British guy).

While I agree with your first sentence. But I don't think that was the reason why pakistan changed the name of Lyallpur. Pakistan changed the name from some British guy to some Arab guy.

Pakistan also has cities called Jacobabad & Abbottabad.

Honestly I would understand if Pakistan renamed them to reflect their local culture (not british or arab)

No dude we are happy with the skin color we have. It is better to be a dark skinned IT professional than white skin suicide bomber. Did it hurt you, if yes be more respectful to others next time.

Its funny. These guys say that they converted because their new religion treats people of all races, skin color, ethnicity etc. the same, that they were sick of being treated badly as dalits by the higher castes.

But in reality I see that they are some of the biggest racists. So obviously something is amiss. They are either lying to themselves or to others.

The fact remains they also make the biggest noise about being profiled. ;)

As also that our racists look down at them, they think of them as being at the bottom of the race pyramid.

Frankly a stupid obsession with the color of the skin. They are considered brown people the world over. The may want to fuss about the shade of brown but who cares.

^^ Any issues with people waning to give native names to their places?

You think Pakistanis are the inheritors of Mughals?

Back
Top Bottom