What's new

Why do Vietnamese people hate China while enjoying Chinese drama/movies/novels?

If I were a Vietnamese guy, I would hate my ancestors who tried so hard to separate from China's territory and made Vietnam an independent country.

Now China has better living standard than Vietnam, better education, better development prospect, better look women, better salary, better entertainment industry, better everything.

Someday China would build a wall along the China-Vietnam border.

Last edited:
If I were a Vietnamese guy, I would hate my ancestors who tried so hard to separate from China's territory and made Vietnam an independent country.

Now China has better living standard than Vietnam, better education, better development prospect, better education, better look women, better salary, better entertainment industry, better everything.

Someday China would build a wall along the China-Vietnam border.

You forget to mention that Vietnamese girls are flocking to China to marry Chinese guys. Even poor Chinese farmer can afford Vietnamese wives.

You forget to mention that Vietnamese girls are flocking to China to marry Chinese guys. Even poor Chinese farmer can afford Vietnamese wives.

Ethnic H'mong girl Kiab (whose name has been changed to protect her identity) arranging her bed at a government-run centre for trafficked women in the northern city of Lao Cai. When Kiab turned 16, her brother promised to take her to a party in a tourist town in northern Vietnam. Instead, he sold her to a Chinese family as a bride. PHOTO: AFP
upload_2018-8-16_21-57-23.png

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/brides-for-sale-vietnamese-women-trafficked-to-china

Just for study the enemy, ...

Not all Vietnamese hate Chinese. Just a few brainwashed fake overseas Vietnamese plus a few easily manipulated real Vietnamese.

Not all Vietnamese hate Chinese. Just a few brainwashed fake overseas Vietnamese plus a few easily manipulated real Vietnamese.
Yes, quora replies represent Vietnamese people's opinions better than a couple of Vietnamese keyboard warriors here on this forum.

Ethnic H'mong girl Kiab (whose name has been changed to protect her identity) arranging her bed at a government-run centre for trafficked women in the northern city of Lao Cai. When Kiab turned 16, her brother promised to take her to a party in a tourist town in northern Vietnam. Instead, he sold her to a Chinese family as a bride. PHOTO: AFP
View attachment 492299

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/brides-for-sale-vietnamese-women-trafficked-to-china

Just for study the enemy, ...
She is very dark skinned, more probable she is sold as a MAID.

I think it is because Chinese are much richer and more educated than than Vietnamese.

Chinese TV shows are much higher budget, with much better acting, story, costumes, ect. The Chinese novels are of higher quality because the good novelist all have studied literature in a university setting.

lol I'm sure some Chinese who hates US presence in Northeast Asia enjoys Hollywood movies and American pop music. They probably also watch Japanese Adult Videos in private haha

Back
Top Bottom